Hue Jackson? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hue Jackson?

doesn't matter, if he fails at this 2nd chance the likelihood is he won't get a 3rd chance even though he never really had a chance in oakland.

Maybe......but it isn't a death sentence either. Pete Carroll comes to mind as a good example........

I wouldn't even really consider this to be Jackson's last chance. He got fired after one year of going 8-8. That isn't the worst thing in the world. If anything it shows how inept Oakland was.
They were 7-4 and lost 3 of the last 4 to miss the playoffs and go 8-8. sound familiar?

Maybe......but it isn't a death sentence either. Pete Carroll comes to mind as a good example........

Pete Carroll is a good example, his time w/ us was similar to hue in oak- he wasn't given a real chance BUT Pete left the NFL and built a dynasty in CFB. if he didn't he would never have been given another shot.

...Wade phillips is the gold standard example of a guy who is meant to be a coordinator

Agree. I suggested Wade as a replacement for Coyle this time last yr. He would have been a better voice of experience for Joe & DAn. That & his 3-4 (5-2) actually would have been a good fit for the phins personnel IMO.

Parcells thought very highly of Tony Sparano and Jeff Ireland also.

I was thinking along those lines too. Lets not forget Duane Charles also thought highly of Dan Henning.

Get rid of Tannenbaum. Aside from one fluke year and stepping in **** the previous one thanks to Bill Polian's decision to rest his starters, he's done crap, left his team in such a hole that his successor couldn't dig out of it before being canned and obviously had garnered so little respect around the league that he had to resort to sports agency. Woody Johnson wanted to keep him around in another capacity until viable GM candidates told him they were uninterested if he was still in the building.

Until we get rid of this clown and replace him with someone worthy of respect, a quality HC is gonna be just a pipedream.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Hue Jackson, when he was the Raider coach I watched all their games and even watched his press conferences.

Behind the scenes he was very pushy, he clashed with Davis jr and the new GM that came from Green Bay.

My first choice would be Mike Shanahan with Schwartz as the DC

second choice would be Todd Haley with Schwartz.

Hue was great with the young players, what we have is a crappy locker room.

My preference would be for a sterner head coach.

We are not close. It will take a few years and multiple drafts to get this turned around.

Ross needs to understand this, step one to understanding this is to ditch T-bomb ASAFP. :d-day:

Quick fixes do not work, it takes a serious plan and patience

Tannenbaum might be the key to hiring Hue Jackson as head coach. The year Tannenbaum worked as an agent, he was able to recruit and sign Hue Jackson as a client.

Josh McDaniels almost made the playoffs with Tim Tebow as his qb....just sayin.

That ability to "fix" somebody else's post is low class and shouldn't be enabled.

It is another adjuster vehicle. Not everybody follows the entire thread. The words should always be the exact ones from the original poster, whether it is quoted or not.

The Jackson obsession by some of the members here is hilarious. So obtuse.

So, just to enlighten the rest of us....who do you recommend? Or does the analysis stop at insulting others?

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

Hue Jackson? You tards must love failure.

And you?

So, just to enlighten the rest of us....who do you recommend? Or does the analysis stop at insulting others?

Anyone not named Jackson. Consider the previous enlightening statement on the house.

Back
Top Bottom