Huizenga Consulting with Cowher? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Huizenga Consulting with Cowher?

What you fail to recognize is that our average first pick during that time was 24.6. You don't get many home runs picking that low all of the time. Coupled with several of our first picks suffering career ending or shortening injuries (Yatil Green and John Offerdahl), and I would say that is is not great, but definitely not a joke, IMO.

The fact that you mentioned Bagel Man and Stick Boy in the same sentence, is degrading to John Boy...Shame on you. :D To use the average of picking 24th as an excuse for the screw-ups..is just wrong...Great teams manage that....the Patsies most recently.

Btw....that draft link is cool, and it does show how poor our recent draft history has been. It's the single most reason for the situation we're currently in. :boohoo:

The fact that you mentioned Bagel Man and Stick Boy in the same sentence, is degrading to John Boy...Shame on you. :D To use the average of picking 24th as an excuse for the screw-ups..is just wrong...Great teams manage that....the Patsies most recently.

Btw....that draft link is cool, and it does show how poor our recent draft history has been. It's the single most reason for the situation we're currently in. :boohoo:

Aside from Tom Brady, list the players on the Pats that you would swap, straight up, for the same position player on the Phins. I think you will be surprised.

Aside from Tom Brady, list the players on the Pats that you would swap, straight up, for the same position player on the Phins. I think you will be surprised.

HUH???? How about almost their whole team. Come on...to many names to list. Maybe we're better at DE(JT is surely one of the best) or Middle linebacker..Zach / Bruschi is a push), that's about it bud.

oh ok a quick group...

Richard Seymour - no question
Vince Wilfork - no question
Asante Samuel - no question
Matt Light -no question
Ben Watson - yeah, over butterfingers McMichael
Kevin Faulk - over Morris
Deion Branch -gone but better than any wr we've had since O.J.
Jarvis Green - comparable to Carter
Ty Warren - no question
Dan Koppen - no question
Logan Mankins - no question
Matt Cassel - could start with us right now
Ellis Hobbs - already darn good
Patrick Pass - better than barnes

Lets be Realistic about it....not a homer on this...the sad truth hurts when going over our recent draft history.:boohoo:

I've got no dog in this fight. I just like the question you posed. I have no idea where it'll go. So I'll just make the list on the fly. Starters only.

Offense
QB: Brady (given)
RB: Maroney > Brown
TE: Watson > McMichael
LT: Light > McIntosh
LG: Mankins > James
C: Koppen > Hadnot

Defense
LE: Warren > Carter (age)
NT: Wilfork > Traylor (age)
RE: Seymour > Holliday
SLB: Colvin > Spragan
ILB: Vrabel > Crowder
CB: Samuel > everyone
S: Harrison > everyone

K: Gostkowski > Mare

Guys like Bruschi and Zach, you're happy with either guy. They're about equal (though Tedy's a lot bigger). Ellis Hobbs is as good as any corner we've got.

Anyone else notice Huizenga's plane was in North Carolina, where Cowher is currently residing, yesterday prior to the Capers signing?

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N37WH

The same plane that supposedly picked up Mora Jr and Chan Gailey.

Perhaps Huizenga is looking for an interim coach in Gailey or Mora?

Too much National Enquirer? I'm waiting on the government conspiracy theories to show up next.

yi Muck, I'm interested in hearing your take on the Coaching search.

I've posted a lot about it (mostly in VIP). So I'll spare everybody for the most part. :lol:

But in short, I think hiring Mora would represent a colossal failure by the team. I like him. But not as the coach of this team. He failed with Vick/Shaub situation. He had several 'foot-in-mouth' moments in 3 years. And it ended with him losing his team, his coaches and his owner.

Hiring Mora would show that Wayne and the guys in charge learned nothing from what happened to them a few short weeks ago. Replacing a guy who lied about then left for college with a guy who publicly professed his love and desire to return to college. I think the fans, myself included, would go ape****. And rightfully so.

I really like Tomlin, but I think he's out at this point. The "fundamentalist/schemist" thing seems to conflict with what Capers believes. And signing him (Capers) for so much money seems to indicate an offensive hire.

I think it's pretty much down to Gailey and Son of Marty, with Jason Garrett as OC. I would be happy with either guy. On one hand, I think Gailey would excel this time around. His track record speaks to me. And his experience represents more of a sure-thing.

On the other hand, Schottenheimer is 23 years younger. Like Gailey, he has no set scheme. Only to put the players in the best possible position to make plays. There's just something about having a young, hungry coaching staff that excites a fan base, myself included. The age thing worries you a little. But he's battle tested. He's beaten Belichick's defense. And he's been a sponge since deciding he wanted to coach as a teenager.

That's an short and unorganized take by me. :tongue:

Too much National Enquirer? I'm waiting on the government conspiracy theories to show up next.

By request:

Somebody doctored the xrays on both Brees and Culpepper, because "the powers that be" thought it would be best if New Orleans was the most improved team this year. Somehow, somebody got to the Texans so that Bush was available as well. I mean, why should Miami get to both host the Super Bowl and be in it, while our countrymen in LA are having such a tough go of things?

At some point this crosses paths with the California presidential primary, but I won't go into it because I'm tired... and this has been the longest day of my life.

By request:

Somebody doctored the xrays on both Brees and Culpepper, because "the powers that be" thought it would be best if New Orleans was the most improved team this year. Somehow, somebody got to the Texans so that Bush was available as well. I mean, why should Miami get to both host the Super Bowl and be in it, while our countrymen in LA are having such a tough go of things?

At some point this crosses paths with the California presidential primary, but I won't go into it because I'm tired... and this has been the longest day of my life.

Dude, ask yourself who won the Super Bowl the year of 9/11. That's right, the Patriots.

I just got a chill.

Great sig, BTW.

Offense:

WR - Booker over Caldwell
LT - Light over McIntosh
LG - Mankins over Jacox
C - Koppen over Hadnot
RG - Shelton over Neal
RT - Carey over Kaczur
TE - McMike over Watson
QB - Brady over Pep
RB - Brown over Dillon

Defense

DE - Carter over Warren
DT - Traylor over Wright
DT - Holliday over ?
DE - JT over Seymour
OLB - Crowder over Bunta-Cain
ILB - Zach over Bruschi
OLB - Colvin over Spragan
CB - Allen over Hobbs
CB - Samuel over Goodman
SS - Bell over Harrison (injuries)
FS - Hawkins over Hill

IMO, it is not lopsided in the talent department. I feel that the biggest difference is the coaching and their ability to get the most talent out of the players they have.

Back
Top Bottom