Huizenga Consulting with Cowher? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Huizenga Consulting with Cowher?

What you fail to recognize is that our average first pick during that time was 24.6. You don't get many home runs picking that low all of the time. Coupled with several of our first picks suffering career ending or shortening injuries (Yatil Green and John Offerdahl), and I would say that is is not great, but definitely not a joke, IMO.
I was talking about the WHOLE draft. Good teams find players in all rounds, like Reality Bites said. We seem to struggle from round one through seven. I really thought Jimmy and Nick would have been better in April but they weren't. And we won't even get into Wanny.

Dude, ask yourself who won the Super Bowl the year of 9/11. That's right, the Patriots.

I just got a chill.

Great sig, BTW.

Thank you!

Ah, yes. The Patriots and 9/11. Right around the time of the "Patriot Act", if I recall correctly. Little known fact, Belichick was the architect of that, too.

I was talking about the WHOLE draft. Good teams find players in all rounds, like Reality Bites said. We seem to struggle from round one through seven. I really thought Jimmy and Nick would have been better in April but they weren't. And we won't even get into Wanny.

I understand that, but if you are picking at the bottom of the first round, then you are picking at the bottom of each successive round as well. That is the point I was trying to make. I do respect your opinion though, I was just stating that there were a bunch of variables that go in to a successful draft. During the 80's and 90's we were pretty good but not great. Therefore, we continually picked towards the end of the rounds and hardly ever at the front. Couple that in with the injuries to some guys we were counting on being difference makers and things can go bad in a hurry. I am probably looking at things through rose colored glasses but I just hate seeing the constant bashing on this board. A fan is a fan is a fan. I try to support and not to rip. That is not directed at you, just a general statement.

Thank you!

Ah, yes. The Patriots and 9/11. Right around the time of the "Patriot Act", if I recall correctly. Little known fact, Belichick was the architect of that, too.

Bob_KraftGeorge_BushBill_Belichick-1.jpg

The one problem in the logic that Huizenga went to Charlotte to see Cowher is that Cowher's home in North Carolina is NOT in Charlotte, it's in Raleigh:
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/s_428685.html

If Huizenga wanted to see Cowher, he's have flown into RDU. Plus, I believe any team that wants to even talk with Cowher has to go through the Steelers to get authorization anyways, although I'm not 100% sure about that.

This thread makes zero sense, at all.

Why the hell would we bring in a new coach as an interim, when we could just promote from within? In almost all cases when an interim coach is seeked, he's selected from within. If that was the case here, they'd promote Capers.

Bad idea..............no offense.

The Fins have not Drafted well period .You can't sugarcoat it!

Trading Draft picks away doesn't help either.

A YOUTH MOVEMENT IS NEEDED

Do we need to trade away JT or ZT ?NO
But once a player is drafted the Fins have that Player Right for 4/5 years

That's cheap labor need to be on the field.
lol

The Fins have not Drafted well period .You can't sugarcoat it!

Trading Draft picks away doesn't help either.

A YOUTH MOVEMENT IS NEEDED

Do we need to trade away JT or ZT ?NO
But once a player is drafted the Fins have that Player Right for 4/5 years

That's cheap labor need to be on the field.
lol
I don't get why we are calling ourselves old. We are old at a couple positions, but overall, we have a bunch of young guys. There was a great post on here a couple of days ago addressing the age of our team. I will try to find the link.

WOW aqualuv

you don't consider the Fins a old Team..............

Most of our young talented are sitting on the Bench,
During Crunch time.

Well, I just look at the roster and the Fins are not a old team
http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite/team/roster/roster.asp

but most of the guys who are contributing are free agents who was acquired

the needed to Draft better is still key

:shakeno:

Here we go again with this ****eyed idea that Wayne Huizenga would legitimately consider hiring an interim head coach just to keep the seat warm for Bill Cowher. Not only is it stupid to think he would even consider it, it is stupid to think that any coach would take the job knowing they were simply an interim choice. Like Chan Gailey is going to leave a stable job at Georgia Tech. to come to Miami for only one year.

Great point KB

Back
Top Bottom