Huizenga has ruined this organization | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Huizenga has ruined this organization

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom

Under Mike Holmgren, the Seahawks didn't make the playoffs for three straight seasons (2000: 6-10; 2001: 9-7; 2002: 7-9)

Under Dick Vermeil, the Chiefs didn't make the playoffs for two straight seasons (2001: 6-10; 2002, a year in which they had five Pro-Bowlers: 8-8)

Under Bill Cowher, the Steelers didn't make the playoffs for three straight seasons (1998:7-9; 1999: 6-10; 2000: 9-7)

So, those records are considerably less than ours then, ya?

Originally posted by DeDolfan

So, those records are considerably less than ours then, ya?

Yeah. And yet, they still have jobs. What's more, they didn't receive half the scrutiny and criticism Wannstedt has during a period they produced worse results than he has.

See what I'm saying?

Yeah. And yet, they still have jobs. What's more, they didn't receive half the scrutiny and criticism Wannstedt has during a period they produced worse results than he has.

See what I'm saying?

Yup and because Wanny's record has been better with the same results is the reason Wanny gets more criticism and scrutiny.

Yup and because Wanny's record has been better with the same results is the reason Wanny gets more criticism and scrutiny.

I'm not even sure what "better with the same results" means! But let me see if I can interpret.

Are you saying a coach should be in more trouble if he has a winning record and doesn't make the playoffs than if he has a losing record and doesn't make the playoffs?

I'm not even sure what "better with the same results" means! But let me see if I can interpret.

Are you saying a coach should be in more trouble if he has a winning record and doesn't make the playoffs than if he has a losing record and doesn't make the playoffs?

The whole thing came up about how many good coaches missed the playoffs for 2 yrs straight. When the "list came out", they all had somewhat worse W-L records than us. Therefore, since our record is better and still miss the playoffs is why Wanny gets more criticism and such.

The whole thing came up about how many good coaches missed the playoffs for 2 yrs straight. When the "list came out", they all had somewhat worse W-L records than us. Therefore, since our record is better and still miss the playoffs is why Wanny gets more criticism and such.

:roflmao:

:crazy:

Wayne hasnt ruined this franchise. Look at it this way. He admitted that he is not a football person, neither is Eddie. Does he have the basis to make a smart decision as too the coach? No. So he clls a respected GM in the league for his assessment, and this GM says that we were not as close as thought because offense not that good or that close, o-line, qb and Wr. So he strips Wanny of his personel job and after lengthy discussions decides Rick is cheaper and knowledgeable judge of talent and gives him a shot. He then goes out and hires Danny to be his 'Football Guy" in the FO so if things go wrong next year he has someone who can say it was coaching or personnel and what route that Wayne should take. Wayne will have someone he trusts helping him make the decision. All accounts say they will hire someone to do basically the same thing even if he doesnt have Dans title.

Say what you want but that was Dans duties in a nut shell, evaluate the team after the year and advize Wayne what direction is needed.

You know, I havent posted in a while, I was so peeved at the end that it burned me to think about it, another offseason of what are we going to do to take the next step? Wanny did some good and bad, and I think he did a better coaching job this year than 2002, for that I support what we did. How you ask? Because the one positive I saw thsi year and many will disagree, I did not see the quit in this team that I saw the previous three years. They fought and never quit. The played a great game against the jets to end the year after already being eliminated when they normally would have went thru the motions.

Rick is a good evaluator of talent and IF he decides top be his own man and not let Wanny influence his decision, he will iimprove this offense. I liked Spielman all along, but he wasnt my choice for teh reason of him being close to Wanny, not his ability, he has the ability. I just hope he follows his belief and doesnt get waylayed by Wanny. He shouldnt as both Wanny and Rick may be gone if they dont.

Back
Top Bottom