Huizenga has ruined this organization | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Huizenga has ruined this organization

Everyone keeps saying why should he be fired when he won ten games and stuff. But when 10 games doesnt get it done and you lose all of the games that are important you should be fired. I do believe he has done good things in Miami. We didnt have Ricky untill he got here and he has seemed to try to improve. The problem is are play calling in big games situations and i blame that on Dave along with Norv. They are conservitive at times and dont run the right plays for Ricky.

Originally posted by themole

I'll be dipped in ****! Someone finally answered the question. Our "ruination" of 11-5, 11-5, 9-7, and 10-6 can be laid squarely at the feet of our oft injured Ol and an inaccurarte JF.

This team could not over come both. 2002. the line produced.. which provided some compensation for Jays inaccuracy.

And don't forget Zacks, unwillingness to restructure hurt the team a lot. He didn't come around until it was to late get OL help.

Actually, Zach's restructering had absolutely nothing to do with the 'Fins ability or inablity to get any offensive line help. The front office simply decided that the asking prices for Gandy and Turley were too high and chose not to pursue either of them. There was plenty of money available to go after either guy had they chosen to do so but they didn't so don't try to shift blame onto someone or something that has earned no part of it.

Also, while Fiedler played a part in this team's demise, Brian Griese (a guy who I'm quite certain YOU were clamoring for) certainly didn't help matters by fumbling away opportunity after opportunity while he was the QB.

I know, I know, you're right and any of us who believe there is more than one or two factors to the demise of this team are wrong so you might as well not even respond as I'm sure most of the people on this site could write the response you're likely to create.

Originally posted by juniorseau55
The dolphins are average, good athletes but poor achievers, there aren't that many gifted athletes, like teddy bruschi and Zack Thomas but they get the job done. Is so sad that only one of our defensive people works his *** off and overworks himself. True football palyer unlike patrick surtain and all those other guys that play more for their contracts. Zack was raised in football while Jason Taylor for example found football by mistake, he likes playing basketball a lot. Now a days is different, everyone plays for the money. They dont play with all their heart in a way that they will survive financially with that amount of money. Last I heard, zack thomas doesnt have the best cars in the world while surtain has this decked up bentley.

JS55...It's never been about money with Zack. His family has enough money to burn a grand canyon full of wet mules. It's all about pride with Zack.

Originally posted by Brad528
Everyone keeps saying why should he be fired when he won ten games and stuff. But when 10 games doesnt get it done and you lose all of the games that are important you should be fired. I do believe he has done good things in Miami. We didnt have Ricky untill he got here and he has seemed to try to improve. The problem is are play calling in big games situations and i blame that on Dave along with Norv. They are conservitive at times and dont run the right plays for Ricky.

That's part of the point here: there's a ton of blame to go around.
  • Front office (Wanny included) didn't get the necessary help for the O-line last off season
  • The defense was inconsistent at times and gave up some huge plays to the likes of the Patsies, Texans, Colts, and Titans.
  • Our DB play was inconsistent all year long.
  • The offensive playcalling, at times, sucked.
  • Mare-- the usually sure footed kicker-- fell apart at times and literally cost the 'Fins AT LEAST two games against the Patsies and Texans.
  • Our backup QB, once again, blew it when he was called upon to do his thing.
  • Our starting QB simply couldn't get the job done in crunch time.
  • This team essentially had only ONE WR all year long.
  • The WR we signed to be the #2 guy completely imploded and sucked.
  • We had a rookie starting at LT-- the most important position along the O-line (at least when you have a right handed QB.)
  • Ricky never really found his rythm and started pressing towards the middle of the season.

I could go on but you get the point; there's enough blame to go around here for A LOT of people on the Miami Dolphins.

Originally posted by Brad528

Again, it's not Dave's fault a 10-6 record didn't get us in the playoffs: 90% of the time, that record WILL get you in the NFL playoffs.

If you're going to fire a coach with such a relatively good record, you damn well better have a better candidate in mind. There wasn't anyone close to fitting the bill. So Huizenga did what he needed to do to capitalize on Wannstedt's strength while minimizing his weakness: he stripped him of player personnel decision making, a responsibility neither of the last two Super Bowl winning coaches had.

Has Huizenga runied the team? No ... he's taking steps to make it better.

Re: Re: Huizenga has ruined this organization

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

:sleep:

Why haven't we gone anywhere under this current coaching staff?? Two answers: Jay Fiedler and a piss poor offensive line. Now Fiedler is gone and the O-line will be addressed. Huizenga made the right move to remove Wanny from the GM position.

Originally posted by Cranx

Actually, Zach's restructering had absolutely nothing to do with the 'Fins ability or inablity to get any offensive line help. The front office simply decided that the asking prices for Gandy and Turley were too high and chose not to pursue either of them. There was plenty of money available to go after either guy had they chosen to do so but they didn't so don't try to shift blame onto someone or something that has earned no part of it.

Also, while Fiedler played a part in this team's demise, Brian Griese (a guy who I'm quite certain YOU were clamoring for) certainly didn't help matters by fumbling away opportunity after opportunity while he was the QB.

I know, I know, you're right and any of us who believe there is more than one or two factors to the demise of this team are wrong so you might as well not even respond as I'm sure most of the people on this site could write the response you're likely to create.

Well.....you've rendered me just... By Gawd...speechless!

Your PRESUMPTION that I clamored for BG comes from where? I was a fan of his father but BG has never flipped my switch.

I'm neither a Fiedler hater nor a Fiedler hugger. I see Jays weakness and strengths, as long as he is QBing the Dolphins I'll support him and wish him the best.

I was being facetious when I mentioned our 11-5,11-5,9-7 and 10-6 seasons being a ruination of the franchise.

I don't happen to think this team is in "demise". How did you determine that I thought that?

As far as my response is concerned...**** man ...You've all ready got that figured out too.

Wish I was as smart as you!

JS55...It's never been about money with Zack. His family has enough money to burn a grand canyon full of wet mules. It's all about pride with Zack.

Griese fumbling away opportunities?? Did you forget that he got blindsided on those occasions?? And it wasn't where he just sat in the pocket for a few minutes. Too bad we;ll never know what Griese could have been with a solid O-line.

Originally posted by SDFinFan

Griese fumbling away opportunities?? Did you forget that he got blindsided on those occasions?? And it wasn't where he just sat in the pocket for a few minutes. Too bad we;ll never know what Griese could have been with a solid O-line.

AND....what does that have to do with my post?

AND....what does that have to do with my post?

Sorry man, replied to the wrong post. the correct one will be posted soon. Keep up the good work...

...Also, while Fiedler played a part in this team's demise, Brian Griese (a guy who I'm quite certain YOU were clamoring for) certainly didn't help matters by fumbling away opportunity after opportunity while he was the QB...

Griese fumbling away opportunities?? Did you forget that he got blindsided on those occasions?? And it wasn't where he just sat in the pocket for a few minutes. Too bad we'll never know what Griese could have been with a solid O-line.

Originally posted by SDFinFan

Sorry man, replied to the wrong post. the correct one will be posted soon. Keep up the good work...

Don't let it happen again!:evil: ;)

Don't let it happen again!:evil: ;)

ya! And the irony is that we're disagreeing with the same guy - "Cranx"!!! Go figure...:)

You know...if everybody around here is so blind and ignorant, and not near your brilliance Professor...why hang around?

Get over yourself.

Back
Top Bottom