Huizenga to Meet with Wanny Tuesday, Other Quotes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Huizenga to Meet with Wanny Tuesday, Other Quotes

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Here are a collection of interesting quotes I found in the Herald today.

So it should come as no surprise that an unhappy Wayne Huizenga will meet with Wannstedt Tuesday, not to fire the coach, but to ask hard questions about what has gone wrong with a team the Miami owner said was Super Bowl caliber.

Beneath the veneer of optimism, Wannstedt is increasingly disenchanted with his profession, and some players hope that angst soon boils over.

''Sometimes, I just wish he would rip us, I mean really just let guys have it,'' one player said last week. ``He says all the right things and he means well, but I don't know if anybody on this team is scared. . . . We're all talking about urgency, but I don't know if anybody really knows what that means.''

It should also come as no surprise that after this loss, frustrated defensive end Jason Taylor wondered aloud how opposing offenses figure out ways to stop Miami's pass rushers, but the Miami offense can't seem to do the same, yielding four sacks Sunday as a result.

''[Jevon] Kearse and [Kevin] Carter are running around like chickens with their heads cut off and we're getting chipped,'' Taylor said, comparing his situation with that of his Tennessee counterparts. ``Why don't we do the same thing?

``Get in the way. Put someone out there. Put the defensive line coach and have him stand there. Do something. Slow them down. We get it from every team and I looked at the [Polaroids] on the sideline today and they weren't necessarily using the back in the backfield. They used a tight end and had receivers come down the line on the way out and they'd chip you.

``Then I watch our offense and going into the half and Kearse is running his 4.3 up the field and Kevin Carter is running his 4.6 up the field and we don't get our guy some help.''

In regards to Wannstedt's public promise to lead the league in rushing in the 2nd half.......

''You can't put that out there, not against this team,'' Titans safety Lance Schulters said. ``We're a bunch of [jerks]. You can't talk bad about us and put something out there about us. We feed off that. We shut that down. But I guess they have seven games to do it.''

Interesting stuff....

Originally posted by Muck
Here are a collection of interesting quotes I found in the Herald today.

In regards to Wannstedt's public promise to lead the league in rushing in the 2nd half.......

Interesting stuff....

And so it begins.... It's either we sink or swin from here on out. When you have the defense pointing fingers at the Coaches, not the players but the coaches............ WOW. This season is a wrap

Hmmm..read recently that Wanye did not want to fire Wanny, I bet he gives him an ultimatum, play-off win or out you go. Wonder if Speilman and the whole crew go too.

You know what would be REALLY nice? If Wanny just up and quits after meeting with Huizenga. That would make my week.

I would love for Wanny to step down this week and have Shula take over HC until the end of the year at which time we search for a permanant HC. He could keep the same staff in place and just try to infuse some enthusiasm and discipline into this team. Hey, it worked for the Marlins! I just sense that this team has given up on Wanny and I don't see things changing. Wanny's a nice guy but a moron nonetheless.

At the beginning of the season i can remember VERY clearly everyone wanting DAVE the hell out! And we all said if we have a bad season hes gone for sure. Wow did we call it! Looks like we were all right, the coaching staff sucks and it cost us another season...theres no excuses for this **** anymore, dave n crew must go.

Next week loss to Baltimore would seal the nail in the coffin in the middle of the season. As you said though if he wins a playoff game unfortunately he will stay and next season we will have to deal with mediocrity. I would like to keep Wanny around somewhere not having to do with Head coach, O-Coordinator, and D-Coordinator. He is a nice guy, very sympathethic, not at all a bad guy. But as a coach he stinks.

Dave can't quit. If he does, nobody will hire him again. Who wants to hire a quitter to coach their high school or I-AA college or whatever Dave ends up doing with his life post-Dolphins...

exactly, i think hes a nice guy and i feel bad he gets all the **** he does but he CANNOT bring this team to victory and he needs to accept it and move on.

How on Earth did Wanny come to the conclusion that we can somehow lead the league in rushing when Wade Smith couldn't block his way out of a paper bag (bad joke)? This is absolutely ridiculous, unless of course he has a change in mind at the Tackle position in the near future. I still do not understand signing a WR and a CB when our problem is the Tackle position. As many of you know if we don't solve this we are screwed, many times we were able to stay in the game becuz of our defense. With Zach and Pat out, its do or die. This team needs ballz of steel and one hell of a turn around to make this season worth anything. I just hope that we do, or we might as well just hope for next year and a first rounder (I hate when guys say crap like this).

Originally posted by RikWriter

No one will hire him as an NFL coach after this anyway.

You don't say! That's pretty clear, but he will still latch on as a DC or defensive assistant or head coach at a high school/college so long as he doesn't quit and doesn't embarass himself more than say Steve Spurrier has. The man will work again, and he'll work in football. More than that, he has his place in football. That place just isn't as the head coach of a NFL team...

I can see him as a D-coordinator somewhere. He's just not a charismatic guy, he's nice guy who should be a coordinator, not a head coach, Norv too, they worked well behind a guy like Jimmy who had that outgoing, confident personality.

I blame it on Jimmy Johnson. He's the one who basically gave Dave the job. Sometimes you just don't stick your neck out for friends. Especially incompetent ones. So here's to ya Mr. Johnson *{holding up right middle finger}*. Thanks a lot!

Back
Top Bottom