Huizenga to Meet with Wanny Tuesday, Other Quotes | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Huizenga to Meet with Wanny Tuesday, Other Quotes

i´m so tired of this whole crap, i dunno today i watched the game live on tv and i have to admit, that this was the easiest loss i took in some time, i was even loughing after griese gave it away and the titans made it 21-0 just before the half, i didn´t even have this so called butterflies in my stomach after it was clear that this game would be a blowout, this season is fu**** and maybe we should fire that HC right now, what could happen ??? maybe we would get someone who actually could make adjustements at halftime, maybe we could get someone who is able to motivate this team, maybe we could get someone who is not getting consistently outcoached by the opposition, that would be nice, we are 5-4 and this season is a wash, maybe if we are lucky we can get a good draft pick out of this, but with this kind of o-line play we are going nowhere and we are in for another season of dissapointment and this sucks bigtime........

"...i have to admit, that this was the easiest loss i took in some time..."

i feel the same and that is sad. it is almost as if i know this season is done. make no mistake, i am still planted firmly in my seat on the bandwagon! just maybe being realistic about the chances of this team this year.

Originally posted by Jaj
Next week loss to Baltimore would seal the nail in the coffin in the middle of the season. As you said though if he wins a playoff game unfortunately he will stay and next season we will have to deal with mediocrity. I would like to keep Wanny around somewhere not having to do with Head coach, O-Coordinator, and D-Coordinator. He is a nice guy, very sympathethic, not at all a bad guy. But as a coach he stinks.

Ifg we don't make it to the AFC Championship game this season, he is gone f*ck just winning a playoff game!!!

Tom Coughlin is a fiery offensive coach. Some people said his style wouldn't float with older players, but I think a good deal of those older players might be gone come February.

Originally posted by DOLPHAN1

i feel the same and that is sad. it is almost as if i know this season is done. make no mistake, i am still planted firmly in my seat on the bandwagon! just maybe being realistic about the chances of this team this year.

Well that's three of us. I posted yesterday morning that for the first time that I can remember, I wasn't even excited about watching the game. I just had a gut feeling that we wouldn't even be competitive. Sad commentary on the season.

It should also come as no surprise that after this loss, frustrated defensive end Jason Taylor wondered aloud how opposing offenses figure out ways to stop Miami's pass rushers, but the Miami offense can't seem to do the same, yielding four sacks Sunday as a result.

''[Jevon] Kearse and [Kevin] Carter are running around like chickens with their heads cut off and we're getting chipped,'' Taylor said, comparing his situation with that of his Tennessee counterparts. ``Why don't we do the same thing?

``Get in the way. Put someone out there. Put the defensive line coach and have him stand there. Do something. Slow them down. We get it from every team and I looked at the [Polaroids] on the sideline today and they weren't necessarily using the back in the backfield. They used a tight end and had receivers come down the line on the way out and they'd chip you.

``Then I watch our offense and going into the half and Kearse is running his 4.3 up the field and Kevin Carter is running his 4.6 up the field and we don't get our guy some help.''

Muck, do you know what Taylor meant by that. Is he saying we're only using a RB to chip the DE's and not a TE or WR like other teams do? That may be the case but that's loser talk by him.

I watched that game yesterday and the last couple of games and say to myself," What if they lose?". I do not say they are going TO KICK A** ANYMORE BECAUSE I'M NOT SURE. This SUCKS big time. We need a new coack and a new OL. Let's be honest. We can still get a playoff spot but we need a fire burned under our a**es. A coaching change and new OL will do that. I hope they will realize this and try to salvage the rest of the season.

Wanny is going to rub Huizenga's bald head for good luck on Tuesday. If that doesn't work, hire McKeon as a consultant.:lol:

It's funny how a solid dose of reality gets everyone to thinking. Reality for me set in last 12/29 right after the NE loss. As far as I was concerned, Wanny should have been replaced then. Three years is time enough to show what you can/will do and he has been taking this team backwards for 3 straight yrs and that is enough of a trend.
So what lies ahead for the rest of the season? Well, IMO, we will struggle to break even at 8-8. If we're lucky, we go 9-7. But the trend this team is following suggests that we may not break even and have our first losing season in quite some time. My reasoning for this is that we our only wins have come against sub .500 teams so far, we can't beat a team with a winning record and each loss seems to only get worse. The players are starting to point fingers, Wannstedt hasn't the first clue and has even lied to his players as well as to us the fans. He talks out of both sides of his mouth, says one thing and does another. But he always has an excuse for failure, not a reason for it. He has made a mockery of this team and we as fans look just as much an idiot as Wannstedt. For even believing in his ways to begin with. But the funny thing is in all of this is that none of this will guarantee Wannstedt's dismissal. The only thing that will do that is any kind of threat to wayne's ticket sales. Only then will he see the light!! :( :(

maybe DW can be like Pete Carroll, look what he is doing with USC these days....he can be a good DC thats for sure...

Shula taking over.... :lol:

in your dreams

Originally posted by DOLPHAN1

Now that's pathetic because I too was laughing and could careless about the plays. I knew it was going to be a blowout in the first quarter but continued to watch. Normally games we lose bring me down but for some reason this one didn't.

I said this in the beginning of the season and I'll say it again. I like Wan as a person but he needs to light some fires: One up his own a**, and one up the a**es of his players! Sh**, even his own players are saying this now! Geez, what more does this guy need? Maybe Thomas should bitch-smack Wan in the head! That will motivate him to get mad and fired up.

Originally posted by Sherif

Muck, do you know what Taylor meant by that. Is he saying we're only using a RB to chip the DE's and not a TE or WR like other teams do? That may be the case but that's loser talk by him.

Yup, that's pretty much what he's saying. He's pretty much calling for Norv to get Wade Smith some help. He's frustrated because, in his words, every team we face is doing different things to get their tackles some help in disrupting Taylor and Wally. Then we trot out there and send Ricky over once in a while.

I think he's got a point. At what point do we back up our promises and get the young guy some help?? Admittedly, Smith wasn't supposed to play this year. And after promising to get him some help after being whooped by one of the best young pass rushers in the game last week, they leave him out there again against one of the league's best DEs??

I haven't watched the tape because I can't bring myself to view it. So I'll just go on what I remember and what Taylor said.

Also, I think JT might have been sticking up for young Smith in the locker room (where he undoubtably was surrounded by reporters and fielding tough questions again this week)

Back
Top Bottom