Huizenga | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Huizenga

daywalker

Starter
Reaction score
I really wish he would stop commenting on the team until he learns something about the game. :rolleyes:

You read that article too huh....that's the same thought I had.

The more he opens his mouth, the more I wish we had a different owner!:evil: Hey, that's the article I was refering to.

Come on you guys,he's the owner and he knows everything about the game!! :roflmao:

daywalker said:
The more he opens his mouth, the more I wish we had a different owner!:evil:

Really? I'm not so sure about that at all. Go team by team through the NFL and see how many owners you'd rather have than Huizenga. I think you'll find the number is pretty low. He consistently spends money to improve the team, he provides the players first-rate practice facilities, he doesn't let ticket prices spiral out of control, and he's committed to putting the best product on the field every season. I'm not sure you'd find many other owners like that.

He may have shot off his mouth a few too many times this offseason, but let's not lose sight of the big picture.

Without Wanny and Fiedler gone there is no product!!!

Like the previous post stated, Wayne was the one who brought in Dave"I'm not self-absorbed, I just think I am great"Wannstedt. When he was presented with a legitmate reason to can him, what did he do? He extended his contract. One example of the tragedy of keeping Wanny on board is the confidence he has in the Miracle Ear boy. I'm not saying at the present I know we have an adequate replacement, but I'm sure it would be hard to do worse than Jay. Don't give me the crap about the record since he has been here. The facts are that he has losing records against winning teams and is completely pathetic against playoff teams. :fire:

Scenario: We get Feeley to replace Fiedler but we keep Fiedler. :yell: If we went ahead and cut Fielder we get the chance to sign a perfect fit in Collins who is way better than Fiedler.He has actually taken his squad to the Bowl.Instead we keep Fiedler to only stay mediocre at best with him squandering any chance to better the QB position.I say cut Jay now and bring in Collins for Jays $$$$.It can be done but there are no Ballz in the FO to shake it up.Release Dumbo!!!!! Get a real contender!!!!

Here we go again. :rolleyes:

OK guys, would you have brought in to replace Wannstedt?? And what coach would have won more games with our offensive line and WRs last year??

This oughta be good.

Back to the topic, it's funny. In recent years, fans have criticized Wayne for not speaking up or taking an active role. Now when he opens his mouth, the fans say "shut up".

Can't have it both ways. Personally, I wish he'd stop commenting on things like this. ESPECIALLY when we're in the middle of contract negotiations. But I was never one who criticized him for staying out of the way in the first place.

DrAstroZoom said:
I'm not even going to be sucked to the Kerry Collins thing again.

Thank you, Doc. Besides I think you have done a good enough job in explaining how Kerry Collins is no better (if not worse) than Feidler.......and this coming from a guy some people call a "Feidler hater." (Which I'm not, I just don't like the guy's ability as starting QB.) :D

OK guys, would you have brought in to replace Wannstedt?? And what coach would have won more games with our offensive line and WRs last year??

Coughlin,Green to name 2.I also would have liked to interview Fassel.As far as college prospects there is Sabin( he didnt want the NFL yet),Mark Richts ( UGA),Stoops (OU).There were plenty of candidates available.When things have a continuity of being bad like your team constantly having a losing record in the most crucial month of the year ( December).Dave needed to walk the plank!! Point Blank.I, as a fan wasn't satisfied to hear an extension and I bet Im not the only one.

Muck said:
Can't have it both ways. Personally, I wish he'd stop commenting on things like this. ESPECIALLY when we're in the middle of contract negotiations. But I was never one who criticized him for staying out of the way in the first place.

Muck,

I could be wrong, but I think that Wayne knows exactly what he is doing. This is not the man's first contract negotiation. Contract negotiations are bread and butter to this guy. I believe that he was using the media to to further his negotiating stance.

Back
Top Bottom