Huizenga | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Huizenga

Muck said:
Back to the topic, it's funny. In recent years, fans have criticized Wayne for not speaking up or taking an active role. Now when he opens his mouth, the fans say "shut up".

Can't have it both ways. Personally, I wish he'd stop commenting on things like this. ESPECIALLY when we're in the middle of contract negotiations. But I was never one who criticized him for staying out of the way in the first place.
I agree 100% Muck. I personally think as an owner, he has done a very good job, and if he just kept his mouth shut, and let his football people handle the football decisions, and comments he would be an even better owner.

As owners go, it could be worse.....much much worse

I think Wale knows his hangup in that is he's asking for #1 end $$$ even though he's not the #1 end.He believes he is though and you can tell because he didnt give credit to JT for his production but to the MAD and Tain.That's blatant disrespect to JT if you ask me.Does anybody know how much he's asking for?

Muck said:
Here we go again. :rolleyes:

OK guys, would you have brought in to replace Wannstedt?? And what coach would have won more games with our offensive line and WRs last year??

This oughta be good.

DFR: I have to chime in here. I feel we could have made offers to a number of coaches who could have brought more offense to the team. The point is last year was Wannys own making. Failing to adress the o-line was his biggest error,along with consistant conservative play calling. You can say Norv was the OC, but ill bet more than a few times Wanny overruled him. That is clearly his fault. A proven coach out there maybe not but what team gives up one? I would have loved to see Saben in that he wins and does it consistantly. with defense and an average Qb which is what we have with dumbo. You think bill Parcells would have allowed some of those vets to continue to play oline last year with the sloppy play they were putting out?

First I need to make one thing clear, in my first post, when I agreed with the thread starter, that was the extent of our agreement. From that point on, I no longer agree with his views.

ZS, you may be right, maybe Wayne does know a thing or three about negotiations but, it stll made me shake my head when I read his comments about paying great money to great players ....yada yada.....What good can possibly come out of that statement?

if I'm Wale, I'm thinking I may make him stick to that statement. My league leading sack total says that I'm a great player. Am I supposed to accept anything less than great money??

I don't have any problem with Wayne talking about football or his team or anything, I just think this one quote, is an example of him possibly putting his foot in his mouth.

He seems like a loud mouth to me but I might be wrong.At least he wants to win even though I disagree with his philosophy in winning just because he didn't make the move he should've by firing Wanny!!

I think WH is a very good owner, He pays the bills so he can say what he likes, end of story! As for Kerry Collins or Kurt Warner or whomever is avalible now these players were not avalible at the time the Dolphins made their choices to keep Jay and sign Feeley. As far as Jay being a better QB then Kerry this all comes down to personal opinion, but Kerry has more big game exp. Kerry also has a much better arm so for anyone to say Kerry is not a good fit for this team is 1) not psychic, 2) somewhat bias, 3) giving the impression they know it all. How would (anyone) know how a player will play in a different system unless that player is given a chance.

I just love when people act like their opinion is gold. Whats best for the team is bring in as many players as you can to compete for positions. If you think a so called washed up QB from NY can't get the job done then people must not have the memories of SB QB's like Doug Williams, Trent Dilfer, Rich Gannon none of which had SB exp. before joing the teams they would lead to a SB. Kerry Collins has SB exp. and is worth the giving a chance. Besides we already know what Jay brings to this team....not much, no talent, no arm, and the ability to give the ball away at the worst times, and he is better then Collins? Whatever.

finregime said:
Coughlin,Green to name 2.I also would have liked to interview Fassel.As far as college prospects there is Sabin( he didnt want the NFL yet),Mark Richts ( UGA),Stoops (OU).There were plenty of candidates available.When things have a continuity of being bad like your team constantly having a losing record in the most crucial month of the year ( December).Dave needed to walk the plank!! Point Blank.I, as a fan wasn't satisfied to hear an extension and I bet Im not the only one.

2003: 2-2
2002: 2-3
2001: 3-2 (plus one on Jan 6th)
2000: 2-2

Constantly have a losing record in December? Try once in four years.

2003: 2-2
2002: 2-3
2001: 3-2 (plus one on Jan 6th)
2000: 2-2

Constantly have a losing record in December? Try once in four years.

OK lets narrow it down 2-2 means when it's time to win the must wins to clinch playoffs wee choke it just so happens the crucial games come in December cause the chips are on the table.Sorry this needed translating fo' ya.I thought it was self explanatory that we lost a close 1 in NE last year to lockup a spot then next week we had Philly at home to lock up a spot and we choked.The next 2 weeks made it look ok cause they were garbage teams and we had to win one of those in closing seconds to keep from going 1-3 and this was against the 6-10 Jets.Year before that we blow a 21 pt lead to NE to win division.How much bigger does it get.Im sorry! Then lets just say Wanny can't win the BIG ONE!!!

Pain...I have doubts about Kerry also...this guy is not a good fit to me, because if you look closer at his stats...he is worse than JF. I don't have the stats available right now, but basically his td to int ratio is much worse than JFs and his number of fumbles is much greater than Jays. He has led his team to the p/os more consistently, but he also has had a better overall team (at least offensively) to work with than Jay....For my money, we would be better off with AJ from the standpoint that teams won't initially know how to defend him. With Collins, everyone knows that if you put pressure in his face he falls apart.

finregime said:
OK lets narrow it down 2-2 means when it's time to win the must wins to clinch playoffs wee choke it just so happens the crucial games come in December cause the chips are on the table.Sorry this needed translating fo' ya.I thought it was self explanatory that we lost a close 1 in NE last year to lockup a spot then next week we had Philly at home to lock up a spot and we choked.The next 2 weeks made it look ok cause they were garbage teams and we had to win one of those in closing seconds to keep from going 1-3 and this was against the 6-10 Jets.Year before that we blow a 21 pt lead to NE to win division.How much bigger does it get.Im sorry! Then lets just say Wanny can't win the BIG ONE!!!

First of all, in a 16 game season, THEY ARE ALL BIG GAMES! The first game against Houston was just as much responsible for the Fins missing the playoffs as the Philly game.

Secondly, the players win games not the coach. The HC's job is to give his team the best opportunity to win. The loss against NE in 2002 (and it was an 11 point lead that was blown, not 21) comes down to players not executing.

Thirdly, not all losses are chokes. As unbelievable as it may seem, it is possible for another team to actually be better than the Dolphins. :eek: Philly was just a better team than us.

Wayne is a business man, not a football man. Even he realizes that. That was the reason for tyring to bring in Marino. So he had someone that he could rely on to give honest feedback about the different aspects of the team from a football perspective.

I know in to days corprate word that **** is pumped down the hill.
I personally have differnt mind set.
I look at the moves made and players that are and have been on this team.
I look at missing the playoffs the past 2 years and failing in the 2 before that.
I agian look at the personel on the field and look at key games.
Once I am given a good analysis and possible reasons due to facts.
The coach is responsible to prepare the players and give them the best possible chance to win.
Wanny has failed, but kept on board. General manager hired with no long term experiance in the FO. So who made thoes decisions? The president and owner, they now have to take responsiblity...not blame kickers!

First of all, in a 16 game season, THEY ARE ALL BIG GAMES! The first game against Houston was just as much responsible for the Fins missing the playoffs as the Philly game.

Secondly, the players win games not the coach. The HC's job is to give his team the best opportunity to win. The loss against NE in 2002 (and it was an 11 point lead that was blown, not 21) comes down to players not executing.

Thirdly, not all losses are chokes. As unbelievable as it may seem, it is possible for another team to actually be better than the Dolphins. Philly was just a better team than us.

First of all going to the whole it's a 16 game season kick may politically correct but for real if you cant rally a supposed to be super bowl contender team in a must win game then that says something.The fins were up in that game 21-0 at one point only to squander it.In the last 3 minutes it was a 11 point lead just to clarify it.If players play the game slogan was true then coaches would'nt lose jobs dog.In that NE game in 02' the last series with NE having no TO's left all we have to do is run that clock out instead we went 3 and out.You conclude who you want to blame.Im takin' the coach!

finregime said:
First of all going to the whole it's a 16 game season kick may politically correct but for real if you cant rally a supposed to be super bowl contender team in a must win game then that says something.The fins were up in that game 21-0 at one point only to squander it.In the last 3 minutes it was a 11 point lead just to clarify it.If players play the game slogan was true then coaches would'nt lose jobs dog.In that NE game in 02' the last series with NE having no TO's left all we have to do is run that clock out instead we went 3 and out.You conclude who you want to blame.Im takin' the coach!

Please begin using nflhistory.com It is a great place to get accurate information.

First Quarter
Mia--R.Williams 8 run (O.Mare kick), 11:43.
Second Quarter
Mia--R.Williams 14 run (O.Mare kick), 6:08.
NE--A.Smith 11 run (A.Vinatieri kick), 12:35.
Mia--J.McKnight 32 pass from J.Fiedler (O.Mare kick), 13:54.
NE--FG A.Vinatieri 41, 15:00.
Third Quarter
NE--FG A.Vinatieri 36, 11:23.
Fourth Quarter
Mia--FG O.Mare 28, 10:01.
NE--T.Brown 3 pass from T.Brady (C.Fauria pass from T.Brady), 12:14.
NE--FG A.Vinatieri 43, 13:51.
Overtime
NE--FG A.Vinatieri 35, 2:03.

The lead was never 21 - 0. dog. just to clarify it.

If you want to blame a coach, then blame Norv Turner, he calls the plays. Personally, I'll hold the players accountable. I like to believe that:

1. Travis Minor was aware that he needs to catch kickoffs
2. Mark Royals was aware that a 15 yd punt from deep in your own end is not a good idea.
3. Chris Chambers was aware that on third down with a CB in tight coverage, you need to come back to the football.

None of those players was asked to make a play that should be difficult. dog.

Back
Top Bottom