Hurricane Irma Only thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hurricane Irma Only thread

Has anyone found anything related to contact with Barbuda? Very concerned for them. Last I seen.... The last contact was at 2am.

Sister in law and her husband weren't able to make it off of St. Thomas so they will have to ride it out. Probably won't be able to communicate with them for a while as they just have cell phones and believe their cell service will not work. We will be waiting to hear from them. Pray everyone who cannot get out of the way of this storm stays safe!

Hoping those latest projections showing it turning north sooner and skimming the east side of the state remain. My pops plan is to ride out the storm in Miami. We rode out Hurricane Andrew together, hiding under a mattress while the roof disappeared. I begged him to fly up north to me and avoid Irma, but like most South Floridians that went through Andrew, he's stubborn. Stay safe Dolfans.

Hoping those latest projections showing it turning north sooner and skimming the east side of the state remain. My pops plan is to ride out the storm in Miami. We rode out Hurricane Andrew together, hiding under a mattress while the roof disappeared. I begged him to fly up north to me and avoid Irma, but like most South Floridians that went through Andrew, he's stubborn. Stay safe Dolfans.

Sounds like my stubborn old man. lol

My dad is in Ft Laud and lives on his sailboat in Bahia Mar. He said he's staying put unless he is projected for Cat 4 or higher.

All the best to you and your family.

The modules are really starting to come in agreement. Still hoping for more turn - to keep us farher on the left side. That shoild bring more rain but heavier winds to stay offshore to the right. Its still going to be bad unless we get real movement which is prob. Not likely or just as it approaches it seems.

Could be lots of damage up the whole east coast of the state etc. ugh

The good news is the latest two forecasts shifted Irma to the East,
145453_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind 3.png

But please be advised the latest does not include the latest model runs.
The European takes about 6 hours to run and should be included in the 5pm advisory.

Irma is moving west-northwestward or 285/14 kt. A strong high
pressure ridge extending from the central Atlantic westward is
expected to keep Irma moving west-northwestward during the next 2
to 3 days. The track guidance is in good agreement during this
period and the NHC track is along the southern edge of the guidance
envelope in best agreement with the ECMWF and HFIP corrected
consensus model. After that time, a shortwave trough moving
southward over the east-central United States is expected to erode
the western portion of the ridge. As a result, Irma is forecast to
turn northwestward and northward, but there is still a fair amount
of uncertainty regarding the exact timing and location of
recurvature. The NHC forecast has been shifted eastward to be in
better agreement with the latest model guidance, however it should
be noted that there are numerous GEFS and ECMWF ensemble members
that take Irma over and/or west of Florida. The updated NHC track
is in best agreement with the latest ECMWF ensemble mean. Users are
reminded that the average NHC track errors at days 4 and 5 are
about 175 and 225 statue miles, respectively.

God Bless everyone in the path of Irma. I am heading back to my home in Virginia to ride it out. Job site where i work is closed until further notice. Life goes on. Godspeed to all affected or about to be affected.

Hate that it is speeding up . . . That is gonna **** us as the storm gets here quicker and doesn't allow the front to move the storm north soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom