Hurricanes possibly looking to break free from the Dolphins and Sun Life stadium | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hurricanes possibly looking to break free from the Dolphins and Sun Life stadium

The Orange Bowl had character, soul. Joe Robbie, Dolphin, Pro Player, Land Shark, Orange Carpet piece of crap, Miramar, middle of nowhere whatever Sun Life nonsense is Garbage, Dump.
Checked out Cowboys Stadium? How about Gillette, or Invesco? Seen Seattle's Field. Sun Life is a Joke. Largest Upper in the NFL, widest sidelines. Farthest from the field. The Orange Bowl rumbled, we won AFC Championship games there, beat the undefeated Bears their, real history happened there. Sun Life is Garbage, Mediocre 1987 nonsense.

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 AM ----------

Sun Life is a Double Decker Dump.

It's almost comedic you talk about the Orange Bowl as some kind of oasis, but go on to trash Sun Life. Honestly when was the last time you have been to either venue? The Orange Bowl was a giant rusted toilet bowl well before its ultimate demise, i guess that's the character and soul youre referring to. Where else can you get a full on experience of taking a dump in a bathroom with no stall doors and then go to your seat and stand in one inch of piss as the stadium sways back and forth, making you long for the comfort of the confines of those doorless stalls. Ive been to most NFL venues in the southeast and sunlife is on par or better than any of them. As for NFL wide it's comparable to or better than TB, JAX, ATL, NO, CAR, WSH, SD, KC, DEN, OAK, TEN, GB, CHI, STL, and BAL. Go ahead though, you are completely entitled to your opinion.

In the middle of nowhere? I don't think you have ever been to SunLife.

The Orange Bowl rumbled when we were good but we also had stinkers and was as quiet as a cemetery. You are doing selective history and you are talking to the wrong person here. I have been more often to the Orange Bowl and SunLife than you changed your underwear. Don't forget, I hold season tix with the Dolphins for decades. And UM is also frequently on the agenda. Have you ever been to the Orange Bowl with 30k? UM had that more often than not. The stadium with the soul is rather soulless as well.

Comparing SunLife to a brand new stadium or stadiums half its age is never good. Plus Gilette had never experienced a sucky team. But that will come too. SunLife needs some improvements but being 25 years old does it not make it an outdated stadium. Stadiums have a life span well over 50 years.

I guess some people preferred giant traffic jams on the 836, putting your car in some dude's lawn for an exorbitant price in not the best neighborhood, and fending off people trying to sell you grilled creature on a stick compared to the set up at Sun Life.

In all due respect, how many games have you been to here, and how many from other NFL teams? I've been to over 100 between Phins and Canes, OB and Robbie Stadium, and around 20 out of state, and disagree.

In "all due respect" I had season Tix for 12 years until recently. I've seen games at Soldier field, ray jay and Bank of America field in charlotte and all 3 take a dump on sun life. Sun life is a dry and boring game experience with seats so far from the field, you practically need binoculars.

It's almost comedic you talk about the Orange Bowl as some kind of oasis, but go on to trash Sun Life. Honestly when was the last time you have been to either venue? The Orange Bowl was a giant rusted toilet bowl well before its ultimate demise, i guess that's the character and soul youre referring to. Where else can you get a full on experience of taking a dump in a bathroom with no stall doors and then go to your seat and stand in one inch of piss as the stadium sways back and forth, making you long for the comfort of the confines of those doorless stalls. Ive been to most NFL venues in the southeast and sunlife is on par or better than any of them. As for NFL wide it's comparable to or better than TB, JAX, ATL, NO, CAR, WSH, SD, KC, DEN, OAK, TEN, GB, CHI, STL, and BAL. Go ahead though, you are completely entitled to your opinion.

No way its better than all those stadiums. Absolutely no way. If you go to Chicago for a game and then go to sun life and u think sun life if better, you have problems.

Sun Life is not a dump. The only argument you could really make against Sun Life is that the seats aren't as close to the field as some other stadiums. It may be the trendy thing to say on a message board, but Sun Life is FAR from a dump.

Sun Life is not a dump. The only argument you could really make against Sun Life is that the seats aren't as close to the field as some other stadiums. It may be the trendy thing to say on a message board, but Sun Life is FAR from a dump.

Do you not support Ross' stadium upgrade plan?

I also think that Sun Life gets unfairly criticized around here... I went to a Chargers game in San Diego, now THAT is a dump. Qualcomm makes Sun Life look like the Taj Mahal.

Please. The upgrades for the stadium was a bad idea, they need to just build a new one. Not sure why they keep putting band aid's on that place

Remember it's called NO LIFE Stadium. Because it is the quietest stadium in the NFL and has the least amount of life in it at home games

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 AM ----------

Would love to have a stadium built like Seattles.

Well spoken like a true out of towner. If SunLife is full it is as loud as any stadium. But you really wouldn't know that. The stadium was opened in 2002 but our dearest fans, in particular out-of-towners, have never said before "I like to have a stadium like Seattle has". But I guess it is in right now to be bitching about everthing Dolphins.
The biggest difference is that CenturyLink Field has a roof. A roofed stadium always creates more noise. But hey, Ross is free to put a roof on SunLife but without tax dollars.

And if you want to blame it on soccer think again. CenturyLink Field is laid out for soccer as well. Our sidelines are further away from the field but our endzone seats are much closer than CenturyLink Field. But that had something to do with the baseball configuration. Here is a little tidbit. Joe Robbie build the stadium with expansion and modification in mind and moving the sidelines closer to the field was part of the $200 million renovation Ross wanted to do. Like I said: he is free do do it, just not with tax dollars.

Do you not support Ross' stadium upgrade plan?

Everybody is for upgrades. Moving in the sideline seats and a roof were part of that $200 Million dollar proposal. But just not with any kind of tax dollars. SunLife's structure is made to upgrade. It supports a roof upgrade as well as moving the sideline seats in closer. When Sunlife opened it was a bare concrete structure with a supportive structure for expansion and upgrades. The renovations Huizenga did was made possible because if its bare structure. Both upgrades (lower level and upper level concourse widening) goes seamless into the existing structure.

SunLife is everything but a dump. It requires an investment.

Disagree with you Dude. Had Season tickets to the OB with my Pops from 84-86. We went over to Joe Robbie in 87, never cared for it. Still think it is awful, had season tickets there until 95. Went to 2 games last year. Don't like the location, and I would NEVER sit on the Upper Deck there.

By the Way completely disagree with you about DEN (its downtown walkable venue, mile high, it's great watched AJ Feeley and the Fins lose there in 2004?) TB (Watched the Fins lose there on MNF this past season, are you kidding, Raymond James is light years nicer then Sun Life. CHI is also downtown, great location near the Lake, great ballpark to see a game. Lambeau, your a fool, been to 2 games there, not a bad seat in the house, and it is historic. Carolina, went last year, in Downtown as well, walked to the game from the Ritz Carlton, fun Ballpark, Cam Newton fun place! San Francisco and Atlanta are building new state of the art places. Jacksonville sucks, Ill give you that, but at least you can take a boat there, which i did when we lost 62-7! Baltimore well give you that one too! Tennessee is great though, walkable downtown. Just over the River had a blast there. KC is Arrowhead, been once, Ok. Not Great but still better then Pro Player. Get your ballparks straight man. Sun Life is a Dump in the Middle of Nowhere with the Largest Upper Deck in the League. Why? Built for Baseball and Soccer, what a Joke.

What I said is we should build a updated Orange Bowl, in a better location, not Miramar. How about Sawgrass, or actually in Miami, on the Bay like the Heat. Sun Life should be demolished.

By the Way completely disagree with you about DEN (its downtown walkable venue, mile high, it's great watched AJ Feeley and the Fins lose there in 2004?) TB (Watched the Fins lose there on MNF this past season, are you kidding, Raymond James is light years nicer then Sun Life. CHI is also downtown, great location near the Lake, great ballpark to see a game. Lambeau, your a fool, been to 2 games there, not a bad seat in the house, and it is historic. Carolina, went last year, in Downtown as well, walked to the game from the Ritz Carlton, fun Ballpark, Cam Newton fun place! San Francisco and Atlanta are building new state of the art places. Jacksonville sucks, Ill give you that, but at least you can take a boat there, which i did when we lost 62-7! Baltimore well give you that one too! Tennessee is great though, walkable downtown. Just over the River had a blast there. KC is Arrowhead, been once, Ok. Not Great but still better then Pro Player. Get your ballparks straight man. Sun Life is a Dump in the Middle of Nowhere with the Largest Upper Deck in the League. Why? Built for Baseball and Soccer, what a Joke.

Sounds like you want us to blow $1 BILLION to make a stadium that is a shorter walk for you. Now, if you were an economist, financial analyst, or whoever studies the cost-benefit of the project, where would you rank the ability to walk to the stadium from a hotel?

In the middle of nowhere? I don't think you have ever been to SunLife.

The Orange Bowl rumbled when we were good but we also had stinkers and was as quiet as a cemetery. You are doing selective history and you are talking to the wrong person here. I have been more often to the Orange Bowl and SunLife than you changed your underwear. Don't forget, I hold season tix with the Dolphins for decades. And UM is also frequently on the agenda. Have you ever been to the Orange Bowl with 30k? UM had that more often than not. The stadium with the soul is rather soulless as well.

Comparing SunLife to a brand new stadium or stadiums half its age is never good. Plus Gilette had never experienced a sucky team. But that will come too. SunLife needs some improvements but being 25 years old does it not make it an outdated stadium. Stadiums have a life span well over 50 years.

"In the middle of nowhere? I don't think you have ever been to SunLife."

Dude had Season tickets to that Garbage from 87-95. Question for you, where do you walk to from Sun Life? Down University drive? Yeah right.
Been to Chicago, Denver, Seattle? Those Stadiums are in walkable downtowns, actually located in the City Center. Sun Life is in the MIDDLE of NOWHERE Miramar.
It's not like you are walking to South Beach after the Game, or Ft Lauderdale, it is like a Giant Dump between the two off the Turnpike. Place is a Joke.

Back
Top Bottom