Hyde- Tannehill shutting up nearly five years of noise around him | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hyde- Tannehill shutting up nearly five years of noise around him

uk_dolfan

Proud Tua Cultist
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Maybe the sea of slander will cease and desist now. Maybe the cloud of criticism in a holding pattern over Ryan Tannehill all these years will clear forever and not just take a momentary reprieve.
And maybe everyone will congratulate Adam Gase for having the coaching smarts, right down to Sunday's winning call, to show everyone who Tannehill can be in a fully functional offense.

Suddenly, it's clear: Tannehill has the arm, the mind and the magic to win in the NFL. It would be great if Tannehill said what Gase did Monday, if the Dolphins quarterback's reserved manner and careful words allowed one moment of chest-puffing to announce, like Gase did so matter-of-factly to the media:

"What your experiences are and what my experiences have been are completely two different things. I guess when we get in the fourth quarter it's a close game, I feel confident. Between [questions of Tannehill] being able to play in the fourth quarter and the deep balls, I'm kind of questioning your guys' evaluation skills right now. I'm just glad you're not in personnel."

All that fed into the constant arrows, attacks, fears, doubts, questions and frontal assaults Tannehill faced like no athlete in South Florida history. Which, again, Gase finds funny. He was asked Monday when he got a "conviction" about his quarterback.
"I think it was before I even took the job," he said. "That's why I took the job. That's a starting point. When you feel comfortable with the quarterback you're coming in with, that's always a good starting point.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/g00/spo...yde-dolphins-column-1122-20161121-column.html

As one of the precious few who loved the draft pick and has stuck with this qb ever since - I would like to say a HUGE **** you to Omar, Big O and the rest of the goons who have made a career out of bashing a qb who has been put into a ****ty situation since day 1.

Couldn't help but notice that Omar, Big O and plenty of their FH fanboys have had a very sudden change of tone in recent weeks :lol: but don't worry, we all remember the "tannekill" morons for what they are

I've also been on the bandwagon since Ryan was drafted. I hate to admit that even I was starting to waver after the Tennessee game. I'm so happy THE WHOLE TEAM turned it around! Every QB needs some help, it's nice to see what he can be when everyone does their job. Amazing what a good coach can do for a team.

Landry and Parker are the new Duper and Clayton Period. They are both absolute superstars in the making if not already. That last drive against the Rams showed how Parker is a Stud and we already know Landry is there!!! Our time is here. Get on board, the ride is about to become an E ticket on turbo. Dolphins are back BABY!!!!

I've also been on the bandwagon since Ryan was drafted. I hate to admit that even I was starting to waver after the Tennessee game. I'm so happy THE WHOLE TEAM turned it around! Every QB needs some help, it's nice to see what he can be when everyone does their job. Amazing what a good coach can do for a team.

Same story for me...Tennessee was the only time doubt creeped in a bit. But it's always darkest before the dawn.

Landry and Parker are the new Duper and Clayton Period. They are both absolute superstars in the making if not already. That last drive against the Rams showed how Parker is a Stud and we already know Landry is there!!! Our time is here. Get on board, the ride is about to become an E ticket on turbo. Dolphins are back BABY!!!!
My friend, you clearly never saw Mark Duper and Mark Clayton in their prime if you are talking like this.

Never waivered on Ryan, but its a funny sport. He got way to much blame for are losses and he probabaly gets too much credit for our wins. 1 thing is for sure though, he has all the tools its just finding the right coach and personal to make it click. I'm sure if he finishes 8-8, which is still entirely possible, with 3 Olineman down people will still say "I told you so". 1 thing that can't be question is Ryan hs handled the criticism like a F'N pro. I sure as hell wouldn't of been able to hold my tongue from getting blamed for **** that was totally out of my control.

It really makes you root for him and hope he proves the doubters wrong.

I posted this in another thread but this is the potential of this offense:

[tweet]800963112874557440[/tweet]

When Parker gets comfortable and starts putting everything together, watch out.

Then when it mattered most he went up against a top 8 CB and dominated him.

He beat him for sure I dunno if he dominated him. Almost everyone of those catches down the stretch were tough catches.

I dunno if any cornerback really could of stopped those receptions.

My greatest fear was that we'd cut him, he'd be immediately snatched up by a more QB-friendly coached team and turn into a top 10QB for someone else after we paid all the dues.

It's great that the light has come on, that he's exorcised all the demons his detractors accused him of including clutch late game come from behind wins and proof that a healthy, decent OL makes a world of difference. I just wish Gase had been our OC instead of Lazor and then promoted to HC. But of course someone like Adam would never have worked for a set in his (bad)ways slug like Philbin, who went out of his way to sabotage Ryan, so it's moot.

We've squandered so much time in properly developing Tannehill - and I believe that a mentally and physically weaker QB would have broken instead of just bent. Better late than never!

IF, DVP stays healthy the rest of the year then our offense will be close to unstoppable. Ajayi, Landry, Parker, Stills. All of those 4 can score at any time on the field. Tannehill is improving so much so quick. OL, even with injuries is still decent.

I don't even wanna think how good it's gonna be next year if all stays the same.

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

He beat him for sure I dunno if he dominated him. Almost everyone of those catches down the stretch were tough catches.

I dunno if any cornerback really could of stopped those receptions.

That's also another plus for Parker. When he's not hampered he makes plays.

Can he be as good as A.J Green? That would be amazing to have an AJ

The next step for Tannehill is to have a big game throwing the ball, 4 touchdown type stuff. Having your alpha 100% helps tremendously towards that goal.

He's had games like that before, needs to do it a few times a season.

Back
Top Bottom