Hyde- Tannehill shutting up nearly five years of noise around him | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hyde- Tannehill shutting up nearly five years of noise around him

IF, DVP stays healthy the rest of the year then our offense will be close to unstoppable. Ajayi, Landry, Parker, Stills. All of those 4 can score at any time on the field. Tannehill is improving so much so quick. OL, even with injuries is still decent.

I don't even wanna think how good it's gonna be next year if all stays the same.

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

That's also another plus for Parker. When he's not hampered he makes plays.

Those last 3 catches all pretty tight coverage and all hard catches.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLUZhfx6gXo&sns=em

Looks like Parker is ready to make that next step, tight coverage and tannehill/Gase still kept feeding him, showing a lot of trust in him there.

Reminds me of how Gase took his time with Ajayi, but once he let him loose he just kept feeding him.

I do find it interesting that when Andrew Luck was playing so poorly last year it was because of his offensive line.

Exact situation for Ryan Tannehill and lots of people are calling for him to be replaced. Tannehill is not perfect as has been debated here. He is not an elite quarterback. But Adam Gase must feel the team can win with him and I've thought that all along as well.

Interesting, how well Tannehill has played with a running game. Suddenly, he's also taking the team on his shoulders as he has done the last two weeks.

I do find it interesting that when Andrew Luck was playing so poorly last year it was because of his offensive line.

Exact situation for Ryan Tannehill and lots of people are calling for him to be replaced. Tannehill is not perfect as has been debated here. He is not an elite quarterback. But Adam Gase must feel the team can win with him and I've thought that all along as well.

Interesting, how well Tannehill has played with a running game. Suddenly, he's also taking the team on his shoulders as he has done the last two weeks.

All sorts of excuses were found for Luck - including he was playing hurt when Tannehill outranked him on the PFF ratings last season. Well, hell, if you're pissing blood on Mondays, you're hurt as well, although Tannehill is stoic and takes a licking (maybe too quiet about it). Remember, Philbin told him that Aaron would never complain or ask for me TE protection and that he should just take his lumps. Philbin really should be out of the league for the damage he did to the franchise and our budding star QB.

Luck was a great QB coming out of college and I still think he is great, but he is now surrounded by crap, the way our quarterback has been surrounded by crap during his career.

Quarterbacks who are surrounded by crap, and coached like crap, are going to play like crap. That's football.

As Dolphins fans, we ought to recognize and learn this lesson well. Even Marino had losing seasons when he had crap to work with.

I posted this in another thread but this is the potential of this offense

When Parker gets comfortable and starts putting everything together, watch out.

That's a 'put your big boy pants on before you throw it' pass. Looks like there was about a 6 inch margin of error there ...with much more than that a likely game ending pick. Nice pocket against the four man rush too...

That's a 'put your big boy pants on before you throw it' pass. Looks like there was about a 6 inch margin of error there ...with much more than that a likely game ending pick. Nice pocket against the four man rush too...

Not to nitpick but that was a five man rush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I posted this in another thread but this is the potential of this offense:

[tweet]800963112874557440[/tweet]

Incredible throw into triple coverage. No second guessing, very decisive. He let it rip and placed it perfectly, as he did on that whole drive.

Beat me to it. I'll post mine anyways. Twice is just as nice for this beauty. Absolutely incredible throw and catch. Wasn't Tannehill's first read either and didn't settle for a throw under the sticks and stuck it in there for a 12 yard gain with 12 to go.

[vine]5ttQ7PVUJum[/vine]

Until we have consistent offensive line play and a legit threat at TE our offense won't be close to unstoppable, regardless of how well Landry, Parker or Tannehill play. Once those issues are ironed out good luck to opposing defenses! As it stands now we still have the ability to put together drives where the D can't stop us but that shouldn't be considered normal or the standard for Tannehill to be considered our franchise.

People have forgotten the amazing late game drives he's had in his career prior to Gase. Seattle his rookie (or maybe 2nd year?), Atlanta last year, New England a couple of times and I'm certain there's more I'm forgetting. I proudly rep the Dolphins and Tannehill here in Houston and have supported him from day 1 and I never miss a Friday without wearing his jersey during football season while telling my Cowgirl and Texans fans to suck it.

To all his detractors and negative nancy's it's ok to admit you were wrong. That sting you feel in the back of your neck is just pride messing with you... F pride! Stand up and swallow that crow like a man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man HOOPS must be sitting back reading all this stuff with biggest smile and sense of pride on his face. He's the only person I can recall that loudly and proudly declared that the QB was special.

What's equally impressive about that play, is Tannehill going through his progressions and still making an elite throw.

Back
Top Bottom