Hyde- Tannehill shutting up nearly five years of noise around him | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hyde- Tannehill shutting up nearly five years of noise around him

I've wavered on Tannehill, I admit it. I never completely gave up hope though and will not waver again. I'm done, this guy is our QB.

I posted this in another thread but this is the potential of this offense:

[tweet]800963112874557440[/tweet]

When Parker gets comfortable and starts putting everything together, watch out.
he looks like, eh, Dan Marino on that one. Little slide to his right and fires a perfect throw into a tiny crease. Impressive.

I've been a Gase fan since day 1, but I'm blown away with what he has done with Tannehill. Some of it was clearly getting the Oline right, but the fact that he continued to show confidence in the QB is vey impressive.

I had given up on Tannehill a while back, but that drive to win the game was huge to me. Just didn't expect to see him be able to lead a comeback, but he did it. Tons of credit to Gase for what he has done. It's the first time in over 10 years I have watched the Fins and believed we can win every game.

he looks like, eh, Dan Marino on that one. Little slide to his right and fires a perfect throw into a tiny crease. Impressive.

Dan used to throw into double coverage like that, ya...until he was older and started losing some zip (achilles doesn't help).

He has made some BIG TIME, very Marino-esque throws in the past few weeks. He's made several over the years, but a higher % of them recently.

And his throws on the run just make the other team and their fans want to puke...I LOVE IT!

Different players different era. I will never forget duper's one handed grab of a bomb in full stride against the Jets.

Landry and Parker are not even on the launch pad to get to the galaxies Duper and Clayton went to - but hey no one will be more happy if you are correct.

Just not that likely really.

I have, and even though the pair of Landry/Parker are still not in that category, potentially, they could be even better then Clayton/Duper if Parker can be over this never ending injury status.

The Marino comparisons are no good. Dan was special in a way that is unfair to compare somebody else to him.

It's a shame that injuries really robbed him a lot of that over the years. I can't even imagine what he would have been able to do if he had come into the league twenty years later, with more protection for the QB and much better sports medicine.

Well if we're going to count should've had ints against tannehill, I'm going to take away the shouldn't be his fault ints and I'm going to give him the should've been tds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ripped the Rams apart?
He had a lot of help by penalties.
GAME MANAGER...
He did NOTHING for 3 quarters. He also could of had 3 picks.
An elite team would have killed us.
The story of RT is he cant put a full game together.

How are you not pink yet?

I've been a Gase fan since day 1, but I'm blown away with what he has done with Tannehill. Some of it was clearly getting the Oline right, but the fact that he continued to show confidence in the QB is vey impressive.

I had given up on Tannehill a while back, but that drive to win the game was huge to me. Just didn't expect to see him be able to lead a comeback, but he did it. Tons of credit to Gase for what he has done. It's the first time in over 10 years I have watched the Fins and believed we can win every game.

The affect of knowing his coach not only believes in him but will walk through walls for him can not be overstated. Tannehill has reciprocated that trust.

Gase on NFL Radio - "There were a few mechanic issues that I asked Ryan to do my way. After four years in the league and numerous previous requests by prior coaches to change, I expected some resistance. Ryan has however been all in since day one. You gotta respect that."

The Marino comparisons are no good. Dan was special in a way that is unfair to compare somebody else to him.

It's a shame that injuries really robbed him a lot of that over the years. I can't even imagine what he would have been able to do if he had come into the league twenty years later, with more protection for the QB and much better sports medicine.
i agree. I was merely commenting on that one play he looked Marino-esq. Dan was the best QB I've ever seen play. He was so dominant from the first snap he took as a rookie. No other QB I can think of was THAT good that fast. He was special. Seeing him play "live" was one of the greatest treats I've had as a fan. He just looked "different" than the other teams QB - he was quicker, more decisive, he saw EVERYONE, ball came out so fast etc. Really an amazing player.

The touchdown throw was at the level you see from championship caliber teams. It was just perfect against tough competition. It is encouraging to see that this team is capable of that level of play. There were plenty of painful to watch plays, but that was awesome!

Back
Top Bottom