Hyde5: Here's The Realistic Dolphins Qb Option In Nfl Draft — And He's Drawn Comparisons To Aaron Ro | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hyde5: Here's The Realistic Dolphins Qb Option In Nfl Draft — And He's Drawn Comparisons To Aaron Ro

The whole vibe I see and read about Lock and Jones is that "well yeah they have Big deficiencies in their game, but they are tall & white so they can overcome that". I'd like to be proven wrong, but when you see the Broncos and ravens I wan to take a hard pass. He'll even tannehill got that narrative

If only we snagged Shawn Bradley before the NBA ruined him.

You exactly said "he's tall and WHITE"?
one of the big debates in the scouting area is this concept of having these qbs with that stereotype and giving them numerous chances to succeed regardless of their actual ability. The "tall, white" QB mantra has been one teams have used for years. Look at Elways history in Denver... Lynch, Osweiler and now flacco. Josh Allen last year, Mitch Trubisky, Bortles. There this illusion that because they fit this stereotype any flaws no matter how fatal are correctable.

That's not being fair.

Drew Lock has a lot of talent. He drips with it. His arm velocity is second to none in this draft, and he shows quite a bit of accuracy during stretches. The only guy that comes close to his arm power in this draft is Nick Fitzgerald, who is a terrible passer. Drew Lock is not a terrible passer.

Drew Lock makes mistakes. He doesn't have a firm grasp on the finer points of the position. Or maybe I should say he shows a firm grasp on like 80% of the finer points of the position one play, and then shows a firm grasp on a different 80% of the finer points of the position on the next play.

If he wasn't capable of improvement that way he wouldn't have produced the second-half 2018 footage that he did. So yes, you're hope-trafficking with Lock. But there's still a lot there.

I wouldn't take him at 13 but if he fell to 48 then I would.

God. Please have the Ds draft him.
Ill go to church if we do. for the entire season.

I’d rather re-sign jay cutler and personally take out a line of credit to pay his salary than draft Lock at 13

"May be the most physically imposing quarterback in the draft, but that doesn’t mean he’s the perfect prospect. There are issues that he must soon address, including his inability to consistently put the ball on the money. Short and intermediate throws are the foundation for NFL passing games, and he currently lacks the necessary accuracy to thrive in that regard."

That writeup is on JOSH ALLEN.

Bottom line, there is a prospect like this in every draft and the important thing is giving these QBs the support and schooling to thrive. I will say Josh Allen impressed me enough last year to say that was a quality pick for Buffalo. I wouldn't be ecstatic if we get Lock, but sheesh I wouldn't be as apocalyptic as some posters on here either.

Was watching Florio and Chris Simms this AM. I respect Chris's informed opinions. He ranked the Top 8 draftable QBs and while he had Murray far and away #1, he had Lock as a close #2 over Haskins. He liked them both but marveled over the throws that Lock could make.

Summation:
https://www.nbcsports.com/washingto...k-rated-above-everyones-top-qb-dwayne-haskins
Could is the operable word. He has consistency issues with his mechanics and he falls apart under pressure.

ah yes the "let's compare him to Aaron Rodgers in order to fire up the clicks" cliche. It's a certainty at this point that our rebuilt FO will want to take their time and scout next year's class together. They gain nothing for reaching for any of these projects.

What do you really know? Rodgers was no lock (no pun intended) in his draft... he slipped to 21.

They gain nothing?....Seriously? Some of you act like you have a crystal ball and couldn’t possibly be wrong?

If that was true...you and the “experts” you listen too would be NFL GM’s.

All I ever ask of my GM is to fall in love with a QB and then do whatever it takes to get that QB. If it’s Lock, so be it.

Thank you...I’m a fan... I expect my GM to scout these guys... pick one or two... and try to get them here...we don’t have a QB... nothing wrong with taking a shot wherever it makes sense in this draft.

If you think Murray is special...then trade away what you have too to get him.

I don’t enjoy hopeless seasons... having a QB at least gives you hope!

Minshew or Grier would be interesting if we draft a qb Lock where we are in the 1st is too high. Focus on D and get an entertaining slinger in there Tannehill was a robot we need a low risk high reward qb if we gotta take one now.

Back
Top Bottom