Hyde5: Here's The Realistic Dolphins Qb Option In Nfl Draft — And He's Drawn Comparisons To Aaron Ro | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hyde5: Here's The Realistic Dolphins Qb Option In Nfl Draft — And He's Drawn Comparisons To Aaron Ro

We could get an elite dt or edge the way things are shaking out. I think we go in that direction. Hell cbs had White falling to us. Cant see that happening, but it would be incredible.

I have said this enough times that I will actually put it in my signature. Drew Lock will be one of the best QBs in this class... top 2. He reminds me more of a mobile Philip Rivers.

Watch his highlights... You can't deny the talent and the stats back it up.

I've marveled over the throws Lock can make also. Although not in a good way.

I'll take that bet with Chris Simms.
TedSlimmjr knows his college football. I wasn't in love (or like) with Lock. This seals it.

If the Dolphins go get Murray, I'll be ecstatic. If they go get Haskins, I will be hesitant, but I'll know that the coaching staff and FO were completely sold. If they draft Lock at 13, I won't be happy. If they draft Lock anywhere in the 1st round, I still won't be happy. If they nab Lock in the 2nd round or later, ok.

Last edited:
If they draft Lock at 13, I won't be happy. If they draft Lock in the 1st round, I still won't be happy. If they nab Lock in the 2nd round or later, ok.

Why is that? What difference does it make in terms of qb position for the Dolphins whether they get him in the #1 overall, first round, or second round?

Why is that? What difference does it make in terms of qb position for the Dolphins whether they get him in the #1 overall, first round, or second round?

It matters because 1st rounders are prime draft capital. Capital that could be used for a trade if necessary in 2020 when the QB class is perceived to be deeper and more talented. Capital that can also be spent on blue-chip talent at another position.

Lock has some problems in his game but the value assigned to the QB position will make it almost a certainty that he doesn't drop below the top of the 2nd round. I would much rather swing and miss on a player in the 2nd round than the 1st.

I would much rather swing and miss on a player in the 2nd round than the 1st.

Isn't it then better to swing and miss in UDFA?
They drafted Parker and Harris and Jordan in first round. Isn't it just better to not draft all all, and swing and miss in UDFA.
Wouldn't you rather have Lock than Parker, Harris, Jordan, Tunsil, Jawuan?
What in their draft history makes you think they will not swing and miss on a prospect not named Lock?

Drew Lock will not get past the Broncos at #10. Guarantee it.

I have said this enough times that I will actually put it in my signature. Drew Lock will be one of the best QBs in this class... top 2. He reminds me more of a mobile Philip Rivers.

Watch his highlights... You can't deny the talent and the stats back it up.

I just watched every throw against Florida and Purdue....I’m on board. Very mobile, quick feet, gets the ball out quick....big arm...quick decisions.

I’m on board!

That's not being fair.

Drew Lock has a lot of talent. He drips with it. His arm velocity is second to none in this draft, and he shows quite a bit of accuracy during stretches. The only guy that comes close to his arm power in this draft is Nick Fitzgerald, who is a terrible passer. Drew Lock is not a terrible passer.

Drew Lock makes mistakes. He doesn't have a firm grasp on the finer points of the position. Or maybe I should say he shows a firm grasp on like 80% of the finer points of the position one play, and then shows a firm grasp on a different 80% of the finer points of the position on the next play.

If he wasn't capable of improvement that way he wouldn't have produced the second-half 2018 footage that he did. So yes, you're hope-trafficking with Lock. But there's still a lot there.

I wouldn't take him at 13 but if he fell to 48 then I would.
Seems to be a good spot for him, I'd be a buyer in the second.

Isn't it then better to swing and miss in UDFA?
They drafted Parker and Harris and Jordan in first round. Isn't it just better to not draft all all, and swing and miss in UDFA.
Wouldn't you rather have Lock than Parker, Harris, Jordan, Tunsil, Jawuan?
What in their draft history makes you think they will not swing and miss on a prospect not named Lock?
Tunsil is a terrible example, weakens the point. I would rather have Tunsil, hands down, not even close. He's one of the top tackles in the league

Back
Top Bottom