I already know our next Head Coach. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I already know our next Head Coach.

I'm not convinced that BB gives two ****s about developing his staff to be HC's. Whenever an assistant leaves NE for a HC position, they struggle with very basic concepts, and they compound this by attacking their problems with an arrogance that they know best - not unlike BB. The difference, of course, is that BB really has developed an approach that flows against conventional wisdom and grants him consistent success. When looking at the most consistent teams over the last few seasons, Seattle and New England share this trait. They have the two most unique draft boards in the NFL (even with teams trying to copy their success), and their schemes exist largely outside of current trends. If you can pull this off, it's ideal, because you're not competing for the same resources that every other team is competing for, and teams can't piggyback their preparation for other teams onto their match up with you - not to the typical extent, anyway. However, when this approach fails, it crashes and burns. Josh McDaniels' stint in Denver serves as a great example. Looking at the other coaches who have left New England, it's always pretty similar. The team sees a slight uptick in performance initially - maybe the confidence of having a SB winning assistant as your HC accounts for that, maybe the schemes take the league some adjustment - but the teams falls to earth, and it becomes clear that the former assistant didn't pick up enough of BB's important nuances that make his system work. It's possible that BB does prepare his assistants, and when making the system their own, they just lose some of the key points that make BB's system work in New England. The inability to bring Brady along doesn't help either, but I'm addressing poor performance across the board that extends beyond the QB position.

In other words, I don't see Patricia as a safe or desirable option.
Nice post brother!

How about a HC who appreciates running the ball and stopping the run, shortening the field and building An identity instead of trying to be different in the division which hands us our loss in the first quarter each year - let's compete 4 quarters

Back
Top Bottom