I am certain that Ricky Williams WILL be back | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I am certain that Ricky Williams WILL be back

ohall said:
That kind of coverage only covers an individual up to 1 million dollars. And now the bankruptcy laws have recently been re-written as to make it even less likely he would get that amount of protection. He is going to have to pay back a significant amount of the $ he owes the Dolphins. Even if he has moved around his past assets an arbiter will know this and those kinds of moves can only do one thing but upset an arbiter.

At some point someone will inform Ricky of this fact. I don't know if this will change his motivations, but that is his reality.

Even if this is true, and I'll take your word on it, he is now selling off everything he owns. He just sold his two homes in Florida, and put the money in his daughters name. So the arbiter, will have to decide wether the Dolphins deserve the money more than his kids.

I somehow doubt it will equal the money owed though.

colmax said:
Actually, I was just putting it into perspective. The post was not all about pot. Sorry if your comprehension was a little off.

And FYI, his contract was heavy with incentive bonuses which he rightly earned during his time at Miami. However, there was a clause stating if he did not fulfill his contract, he'd have to pay the money back. This is his fault. Because it was contractual, the money should be paid back.

Please read the post again. You will then grasp it fully. Please think before reacting.

He rightfully earned the bonus', but the bonus' were not part of his original deal with NO. The Dolphins acted in very good faith because they believed that he would play here more than two years. They placed in the contract some very easy ways for him to earn a lot more than the original contract which was the minimum salary. It's a two waystreet, and he forgot.

what happened last year happened. Ricky should have the chance to prove to his teammates he wants to play. In the process we need to restructure his contract so we know he actually want to play. I think with him we need to say either you do as we tell or you are gone. We have given him chances now he either takes that opportunity or he does not play with us. I really think that Ricky is not a bad person. When he was with us he seemed like a whole different man than he was with New Orleans. It still puzzles me their was something going wrong with him when he was with us. I always thought he was happy to play for us. Carrying the ball 40 times a game probably mentally drained him. Saban is showing already showing a deeper relationship with ricky than wanny had with him. That is what Ricky needs. Right now Ricky is lost. We need someone to help bring him back on track.

finsgonewild said:
what happened last year happened. Ricky should have the chance to prove to his teammates he wants to play. In the process we need to restructure his contract so we know he actually want to play. I think with him we need to say either you do as we tell or you are gone. We have given him chances now he either takes that opportunity or he does not play with us. I really think that Ricky is not a bad person. When he was with us he seemed like a whole different man than he was with New Orleans. It still puzzles me their was something going wrong with him when he was with us. I always thought he was happy to play for us. Carrying the ball 40 times a game probably mentally drained him. Saban is showing already showing a deeper relationship with ricky than wanny had with him. That is what Ricky needs. Right now Ricky is lost. We need someone to help bring him back on track.

More importantly Ricky needs a psychiatrist. If only I can get my degree now. lol.

ohall said:
That kind of coverage only covers an individual up to 1 million dollars. And now the bankruptcy laws have recently been re-written as to make it even less likely he would get that amount of protection. He is going to have to pay back a significant amount of the $ he owes the Dolphins. Even if he has moved around his past assets an arbiter will know this and those kinds of moves can only do one thing but upset an arbiter.

At some point someone will inform Ricky of this fact. I don't know if this will change his motivations, but that is his reality.

The bankruptcy laws have not been re-written yet. The Senate bill (S246) will be voted on in the House tomorrow. Even if the Senate version passes unchanged, it doesn't become effective for 6 months after the president signs it. Plenty of time for Ricky to file under the old law.

Transferring his assets into his daughter’s name won’t help him. Courts can undo that.

The real issue is, can he become a free agent by filing bankruptcy under Chapter 11 and rejecting his contract with the Dolphins.The Dolphins, like the rest of his creditors, would receive cents on the dollar, maybe in installments. The true bankuptcy play is to become a free agent and sign a large deal with some other team, or renegotiate with the Dolphins, whose lawyers know he can do this. Run, Ricky, run. :tongue:

i dont think he'll be back he lost too much weight and is too small now

finsgonewild said:
there are many obvious signs showing why ricky williams will be back here are some

1)he needs to pay back 8.6 million dollars to the dolphins because of leaving early. The only way he will be able to do this is by coming back

2)Recently Ricky Williams said that he missed football. For months Ricky Williams was saying that he was happy that he quit football. Now he is starting to say he wants to play again.

3) Coach saban is speaking to ricky williams. For a while Ricky was not speaking to him. Now all of a sudden they seem to be talking. This shows signs he will be back. The holdup for him saying for him to return is probably due to a rule saying he cannot join the team till july

4) Ricky Williams quitting marijuana also is a sign that he is ready for the challenge of coming back. While I do not really believe this story however if it is true then ricky may be ready to change his life.

..... Ricky Williams has to be back. There are to many reasons for him to not play next season. First being he does not have that 8.6 million dollars. He definately has spent a lot of his money on drugs and who knows what. I liked the kid. He carried this offense on his shoulders. I never heard him complain during the season. His problems with bipolar disorder are what has caused him problems. We need to help the kid. It is just to sad seeing such a talent as he is being thrown away.
1) Bankruptcy
2)He already declined the offer to come back to the NFL awhile ago
3)Wants attention :confused:
4) He said it was bad for his astrobody, and noone knows what that means

Sorry but, I think he's gone for good.

patsdynasty said:
why would any real miami fan want this ******* back?????

if i was a miami fan ( :shakeno: ) i would be extremely pissed if he came back, i dont care how good he was he deserted his team days before training camp and he was the biggest reason why miami was terrible last yr..

u guys will get one of the auburn rbs and be fine with the rb position....

all pats fans are scared now cuz they lost like everyone, and this guy here is afraid if Ricky comes back its run all NE time. But realistically i would take him back he is too good of a player to just waste, if he doesnt oh well

I am certain that no one is certain whether he'll be back or not. That's the only thing anyone should be certain on. Sorry just wasted 2 seconds of your life. :D

finsgonewild said:
In the process we need to restructure his contract so we know he actually want to play. I think with him we need to say either you do as we tell or you are gone. We have given him chances now he either takes that opportunity or he does not play with us.

If it was a normal person we were talking about then yes, but Ricky is a free spirit kinda guy, if he gets to urge to pack his "astrobody" and walk he will, he's already proved it. Incentive based contracts mean nothing to him. If he feels it's his time to walk he will, and maybe next time it will be before a playoff game or the superbowl.

Right now Ricky is lost. We need someone to help bring him back on track.

Ricky isn't lost! He knows right where he is and I don't mean India. And what you think is off track is his right track, problem with his track is that there's an 8.6 million dollar cow on it and the only way he can get it off his track is to play pro football.
So what is Ricky's motivation for playing? Money to pay off his debt to the Fins.
If there are certain goals to meet to get a bigger payoff then I'm sure he'll work for them but what happens after that, after the cow is off the tracks? His astroas$ will be smokin da ganja in India.

Ozzy said:
Even if this is true, and I'll take your word on it, he is now selling off everything he owns. He just sold his two homes in Florida, and put the money in his daughters name. So the arbiter, will have to decide wether the Dolphins deserve the money more than his kids.

I somehow doubt it will equal the money owed though.

An arbiter can and will sell off those holdings even if they are placed in his daughters name if Ricky moved his assets around after the Dolphins moved to get their $ back. It has nothing to do with would his child be better off with or without it. It is a legal issue not an emotional one. Financial arbiters do not function at an emotional level. They spend their days deciding on things like this. If they were to get emotional they could not do their job.

The one thing that will upset an arbiter is when they feel someone is trying to pull a fast one. I also suspect Ricky will be asked why will you not play football? When the arbiter gets that answer I would have to say Ricky is **** out of luck. Unfortunetly so will his children be out of luck because they had the bad luck of having an insane father.

Also one thing to remember here is an arbiter actually makes their living off of trying to get as much $ back as possible. They get a percentage of total $'s recovered. It is in their best interests to get as much back as possible.

cdz12250 said:
The bankruptcy laws have not been re-written yet. The Senate bill (S246) will be voted on in the House tomorrow. Even if the Senate version passes unchanged, it doesn't become effective for 6 months after the president signs it. Plenty of time for Ricky to file under the old law.

Transferring his assets into his daughter’s name won’t help him. Courts can undo that.

The real issue is, can he become a free agent by filing bankruptcy under Chapter 11 and rejecting his contract with the Dolphins.The Dolphins, like the rest of his creditors, would receive cents on the dollar, maybe in installments. The true bankuptcy play is to become a free agent and sign a large deal with some other team, or renegotiate with the Dolphins, whose lawyers know he can do this. Run, Ricky, run. :tongue:

Again that only covers someone up to 1 million dollars. If Ricky has assets that add up to more than 1 million dollars they will sell everything he has beyond 1 residence and a 1 car to pay off the Dolphins. Bankruptcy is not a protect all situation.

Back
Top Bottom