I am losing more faith in this regime every day ... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I am losing more faith in this regime every day ...

dolphinfan41

Active Roster
Reaction score
PREFIX -This post is not about Henne.

So I find out this morning that we signed Larry Johnson, and we were looking at Clinton Tortis. I Do not understand this regime at all. This move absolutely makes no sense to me.

Larry Johnson is an aging, washed up, rusty RB. He's 31 and has averaged just 3.22 yards per carry on his last 361 NFL carries. You can say well maybe the year off has let his body heal for one more year. You can say maybe he has something left in the tank, he can be a goal line back, ect ..

You know who didn't have a year off and stat wise is better than Johnon. Ronnie or Ricky. Why did we not not just resign one of them (both > Johnson), instead of scraping the bottom of the barrel of cheap, has been Rb's. There is a reason why 32 teams passed up signing him last year, and 31 this year.

If someone can please explain the logic of not resigning Ronnie or Ricky, kicking the tires of old RB's, and signing Larry Johnson please clue me in.

Every day I loose more faith in this regime.

clear.gif

You've lost all faith because we signed a 3rd string running back? Ronnie danced too much/didn't produce enough for us to keep him, and Ricky pretty much burned all bridges with Sparano after the season.

It's just a running back for depth, chillax.

Be careful, you'll be accused of not being a real fan. We'll see, another losing season should mean the end of Sparano at a minimum. I have mixed feelings about Irelands body of work, he has brought in some good players and missed on just as many, including moving up in this last draft for a average looking straight ahead runner(with average speed).

I think they honestly just wanted to move on. If I'm not mistaken, Ricky and Ronnie are the only 2 guys that got carries from the RB position last season. Polite got a few from the FB position. Miami had a few issues punching the ball in from the goalline the other night and I think they are looking for a better "between" the tackles guy and a short yardage guy. Larry Johnson is not there to take away touches from Reggie or Daniel Thomas. I just think they are turning over rocks, and by them cutting Kory Sheets, they needed a Rb to give some work to and get a look at in the final 2 preseason games. There are going to be several decent Rb's that get cut after that 4th preseason game and trust me Miami is salivating over who may be available.

Ricky and Ronnie's time was up here in Miami, and honestly, outside of the occassional burst from Ricky, you saw some runs the other night that you didn't see all of last season. And that is just the tip of the iceberg. It is about Reggie Bush and Daniel Thomas right now.

So that is your answer. Thank you for your insight.

listen man, lets look at the situation. We got reggie bush/thomas/hilliard in our backfield. These guys are pretty much going to get all the carries, the chances of larry johnson even seeing the field are slim to none. With that said though, you gotta have some type of faith in sparano and ireland when they just cut this waste of roster space kory sheets off our team finally. Its no reason to panic at all, larry johnson has always been a great running back, as long as this guy is in decent shape, we are in good shape.

Daniel Thomas has stated that Larry Johnson was his idol. He mentioned this right after the draft. I think this signing is more about that than anything. I think they want Johnson to groom Thomas in his style of running...

A third string running back can contribute on ST johnson can not . He is washed up and probly will hinder us from developing younger talent

PREFIX -This post is not about Henne.

If someone can please explain the logic of not resigning Ronnie or Ricky, kicking the tires of old RB's, and signing Larry Johnson please clue me in.

Every day I loose more faith in this regime.

You're losing faith based on the efforts to fill the third running back position...You want Portis, a man that has played in 13 games over the last two years. Johnson could be the short yardage back they want when they need one yard. Portis wouldn't be that kind of guy. Ronnie and Ricky were probably still options but they got other offers and left. This is hardly something to lose faith in an organization about.

A third string running back can contribute on ST johnson can not . He is washed up and probly will hinder us from developing younger talent

Special Teams is near meaningless now with the new kickoff rules. Players won't make it off ST play alone anymore. Players MUST contribute on offense or defense in some way to make a team now adays.

Daniel Thomas has stated that Larry Johnson was his idol. He mentioned this right after the draft. I think this signing is more about that than anything. I think they want Johnson to groom Thomas in his style of running...

Interesting concept, never thought of that. I think that is very possible. And at the same time, maybe LJ has a little gas in the tank. Don't see how it hurts to make this signing.

Back
Top Bottom