I am losing more faith in this regime every day ... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I am losing more faith in this regime every day ...

A third string running back can contribute on ST johnson can not . He is washed up and probly will hinder us from developing younger talent

Special Teams is near meaningless now with the new kickoff rules. Players won't make it off ST play alone anymore. Players MUST contribute on offense or defense in some way to make a team now adays.

Ricky ran his mouth and had to go. Ronnie may have more left in the tank than LJ, but we don't need Thomas emulating his running style.

I am sorry but Ricky and Ronnie were all but washed up. If you want to say that about LJ fine, but its not like he will be competing for a lot of carries. Worst case scenario is he gets a couple games on the active list and compiles 10-15 carries. Probably just as effective as Sheets. Best case scenario, guy comes in with some fire and can reinact some of his success and produces 6-8 carries a game for around 4 a pop. Just your typical 3-4th string back.

Not all signings are made to create superstars. Some depth and experience is important. I am sure Sheets wasn't a guy we could throw out there on 3rd downs and manage the needs of a third down back. Pass pro was most likely a big issue.

I do not know whats more pathetic.... A fan jumping ship do to our 4th string rb not being a name he likes or a bunch of people trying to calm him down with reason. This post should have been ignored. Watch out for the sharks when you jump ship, there will be no Dolphins there to save you. :)

I completely understand where the OP is coming from and agree. I am not sure how anyone can disagree. Why did we let Ricky go just to sign LJ? The move makes no sense and screams that the regime is freaking out about the RB situation. Not sure why we need Clinton Portis now.

I'm with the OP on this one. Except I have no more faith to lose since it's all gone.

Until they clean house in FO, this team is like a circus sideshow

I completely understand where the OP is coming from and agree. I am not sure how anyone can disagree. Why did we let Ricky go just to sign LJ? The move makes no sense and screams that the regime is freaking out about the RB situation. Not sure why we need Clinton Portis now.

The reason Ricky isn't here is because he undermined the coach after the season. I like Ricky, but he let team business get out in the public after the season, so it makes sense that Sparano wouldnt want to have him in the lockeroom any more. He only wants people he can trust. Ricky lost his trust.

We didn't let Ricky go . . . he was a FA who was going to tumble to the #3 spot on the depth chart and its not like he left the best impression after the season.

The point is, I "understand" it would have been nice to have Ricky as the 3rd guy, instead of Larry Johnson, but we don't know "why" he wasn't resigned . . . and it's hardly worth "jumping off the ship" because the 3rd string RB is not to your liking (and LJ is the 4th string at the moment). Like I said earlier, the 3rd string RB last season had ZERO carries. Fans are just looking for a reason to be up in arms, even if what they are up in arms about doesn't merit being that way.

You're losing faith based on the efforts to fill the third running back position...You want Portis, a man that has played in 13 games over the last two years. Johnson could be the short yardage back they want when they need one yard. Portis wouldn't be that kind of guy. Ronnie and Ricky were probably still options but they got other offers and left. This is hardly something to lose faith in an organization about.

Where did you read I wanted Portis. My point of my post was that we are signing Larry Johnson in to be a third string RB, and yet we had 2 better options sitting in our backyard that we refused to resign.

Heaven forbid I question the signing of a guy no one in the league wanted for almost a year and hasn't sniffed the endzone since 2008. So rate this thread 1 star, and accuse me of not being a Dolphins' fan now for questioning the FO moves. :lol:

Where did you read I wanted Portis. My point of my post was that we are signing Larry Johnson in to be a third string RB, and yet we had 2 better options sitting in our backyard that we refused to resign.

Heaven forbid I question the signing of a guy no one in the league wanted for almost a year and hasn't sniffed the endzone since 2008. So rate this thread 1 star, and accuse me of not being a Dolphins' fan now for questioning the FO moves. :lol:

You wanted to pay Ronnie good money to be 3rd string RB?

i kinda think we should just give the ball to polite when we are inside the 2 yardline solves the issue a bit

Questioning a move is different from losing faith. Hell I questioned bringing in Mark Colombo, and he is currently the STARTER at RT . . . and I haven't lost faith in this regime . . . yet we bring in a guy who may not even make the team, to battle for the #3/#4 RB position on the team and now you have lost faith? Say you question the move because of who we had in our backyard . . . don't say you have lost "more" faith because we cut a 4th string RB and added one that you didn't approve of.

So lemme see if i got this right:

People dont have a problem with this because he wont play anyways. And he is here to mentor and thats a good thing.

So no one has a problem with a player who has no upside but will get paid to sit on the bench. And they want Larry Johnson as a mentor. Who do we bring in next to mentor young talent, Travis Henry?

There are dozens of undrafted free agent running backs floating around. Pick one of them.

Special Teams is near meaningless now with the new kickoff rules. Players won't make it off ST play alone anymore. Players MUST contribute on offense or defense in some way to make a team now adays.

Kick offs arent the only special teams. Feild goal,field goal block team, punt return, punt block,extra point and so on. I dont see johnson playing on any of those.

Back
Top Bottom