I am not too excited about the big 3 RB's in this draft...are you? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I am not too excited about the big 3 RB's in this draft...are you?

KB21 said:
There isn't a damn one of you that has watched these running backs. If you had, then you wouldn't be making completely off the wall comparisons like the one of Ronnie Brown to Curtis Enis. Please!! The two backs aren't even the same type of build and definitely don't have the same skill set.

These three running backs are easily the best runningbacks since LaDainian Tomlinson was drafted, and it's the best group of top backs since Edgerrin James and Ricky Williams were drafted.

The fact of the matter is, Ronnie Brown's skill set and body type most closely resembles Ahman Green than any other running back. He's a great at catching the ball out of the backfield and has the speed to run the downfield routes that the tight end would run. He's also a terrific runner who has the burst of speed to get to the outside and the size to run it in between the tackles. Just because he is a one cut and up the field runner isn't a reason to knock him. Those are the types of running backs that are the best running backs in the NFL.

Cedric Benson is so close to Ricky Williams on the field that if you didn't know their name, you would think they were the same running back. Cedric has tremendous explosion coming out of his stance. The guy rarely goes down on first contact. Out of 1,112 career rushing attempts, he lost yards on only 35 carries or so. Cedric has great power, excellent vision, tremendous balance, and extremely quick feet. To knock him for being a four year starter is absolutely ridiculous.

Cadillac Williams is another explosive running back with tremendous vision, balance, and quickness in the open field. He's also got deceptive power. Tremendous instincts. He reminds me of Curtis Martin in that he can slip through the smallest of holes and sees everything on the field from the playside to the backside.

Hey KB21....I agree with everything you just said, everything, very nice post my man!!!

Section126 said:
This is the worst case scenario:

Ronnie Brown: JJ Johnson

Cadillac Williams: Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Cedric Benson: Sammy Smith

YIKES!
Dont forget even then we had winning records lol!!!

Section126 said:
This is the worst case scenario:

Ronnie Brown: JJ Johnson

Cadillac Williams: Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Cedric Benson: Sammy Smith

YIKES!
But dont forget even when we had these guys we were winning LOL!!

Cedric Benson gaining 92 yards against Oklahama is a good game. It was the coaches who as Cedric stated, "played not to lose". Remind you of someone else's philosophy?

KB21 said:
There isn't a damn one of you that has watched these running backs. If you had, then you wouldn't be making completely off the wall comparisons like the one of Ronnie Brown to Curtis Enis. Please!! The two backs aren't even the same type of build and definitely don't have the same skill set.

These three running backs are easily the best runningbacks since LaDainian Tomlinson was drafted, and it's the best group of top backs since Edgerrin James and Ricky Williams were drafted.

The fact of the matter is, Ronnie Brown's skill set and body type most closely resembles Ahman Green than any other running back. He's a great at catching the ball out of the backfield and has the speed to run the downfield routes that the tight end would run. He's also a terrific runner who has the burst of speed to get to the outside and the size to run it in between the tackles. Just because he is a one cut and up the field runner isn't a reason to knock him. Those are the types of running backs that are the best running backs in the NFL.

Cedric Benson is so close to Ricky Williams on the field that if you didn't know their name, you would think they were the same running back. Cedric has tremendous explosion coming out of his stance. The guy rarely goes down on first contact. Out of 1,112 career rushing attempts, he lost yards on only 35 carries or so. Cedric has great power, excellent vision, tremendous balance, and extremely quick feet. To knock him for being a four year starter is absolutely ridiculous.

Cadillac Williams is another explosive running back with tremendous vision, balance, and quickness in the open field. He's also got deceptive power. Tremendous instincts. He reminds me of Curtis Martin in that he can slip through the smallest of holes and sees everything on the field from the playside to the backside.

:2c:
That is an EXCELLENT POST.

:gossip: :gossip:
After further review, you are right.

:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

KB21 said:

Thank you for that post. It is no longer necessary for me to comment on this thread because you pretty much covered it. I will say one thing, I think Cedric and Caddy will both become elite backs within their first 3 seasons. Although Ronnie does appear to have the most potential as far as talent and ability, he just might be the biggest question mark.

Yeah...KB21....you are right...It is unfair to compare Ronnie Brown to Curtis Enis.......

Curtis Enis was better than Ronnie Brown coming out of college.

Cedric Benson = Ricky Williams..... Yeah...they are both black, they have dreadlocks, they played at Texas...they played RB...that is about the similarities....

Cedric Benson couldn't carry Ricky's jock strap with a forklift.

I totally disagree. I do not see how you cannot be excited about the big three. They are the best group of runningbacks for a long time.

Edwards? There is a guy who has a lot of questions. He is an excellent talent, but will he be able to be consistant?

Section, who do you think is the best RB in the whole draft?

Section126 said:
Yeah...KB21....you are right...It is unfair to compare Ronnie Brown to Curtis Enis.......

Cedric Benson = Ricky Williams..... Yeah...they are both black, they have dreadlocks, they played at Texas...they played RB...that is about the similarities....

:lol:

I agree.

Although I do think that these RBs are good, I dont see them as great.

I wouldnt pick any of them at #2.

Section126 said:

Wasn't the knock of Enis that he was too slow (4.6+ forty) AND a straight line runner? He reminds me more of Ka jan Carter than he does of Ronnie Brown. Brown is much faster than both of them. Does that mean he'll be better, I really couldn't say.

Plus the stigma of Michigan WR's is hard to get over, at least for me.

arsenal said:
and caddy can get yards after contact, people still think hes this little back that is only elusive and quick... but hes the same size as edge and can get low to break tackles like edge... he'll be a good back... i rate em
benson
caddy
brown
and im VERY excited to see benson in a dolphins uni, id be mighty happy, but id be happy with any of them over braylon edwards...

He will be a good back im sure. But he aint the same size as Edge. 15 pounds short of that........

byroan said:
Section, who do you think is the best RB in the whole draft?

Ronnie Brown has the most upside.....

Cadillac is the best RUNNINGBACK......

Cedric Benson is the best bruiser......

I put them in that exact order....and to be honest...I consider JJ Arrington closer to Benson than what the draft geeks/pundits think. IMO he is a close #4..... He reminds me alot of Emmitt Smith but with more speed.....

Marion Barber I think could also be a good pro.....

I DO NOT like Fason and Morency at all....

AZStryker said:
Wasn't the knock of Enis that he was too slow (4.6+ forty) AND a straight line runner? He reminds me more of Ka jan Carter than he does of Ronnie Brown. Brown is much faster than both of them. Does that mean he'll be better, I really couldn't say.

Plus the stigma of Michigan WR's is hard to get over, at least for me.

Enis ran a 4.55

Back
Top Bottom