I apologize to these Ricky haters | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I apologize to these Ricky haters

iDolFan

Second String
Joined
May 29, 2004
Messages
1,356
Reaction score
0
Look, I really must apologize to these Ricky haters. :rolleyes:



You guys can all obviously claim to be “Mr. Perfectâ€Â.:rolleyes: All you have obviously never, ever, made one mistake in your entire lives. You guys must all be truly perfect. You guys must have never done anything wrong. Never quit a job, that in your eyes was not going well. You all must never burned bridges with friends, even family and never talk to them again. And of course, you all have never smoked marijuana!







HA! :lol:





BS!!!!!!!!





NEWS FLASH: Everyone one of us is human. Human beings make mistakes! It’s part of life. That’s why there is something called second chances. If there were no such thing as second chances, this world would be waaaay worse than it already is.





LOL, you as I was typing this, one of my friends IM’ed and was asking what I was doing and all that. I said, “Oh nothing, it seems I’m about to get into an argument with these fellow dolphin fans on a message board.â€Â



Her response: “Wow, sounds productive.â€Â





Damn, that hit me like a ton a bricks. So I wont get into all of this crap that you guys are setting up, because, ya know, I’m better than that. I have integrity. Fact is you all have your opinion about Ricky, I have mine. I know I’m not perfect, so I’m willing to forgive and forget. Since you guys are perfect and everything, I can understand yall’s point of view that mistakes cant be tolerated.





Peace out Dol-fans, gotta wake up early in the morning and go to work and be productive!
 

enigmatics

Go get me a juice box!
Joined
Mar 3, 2004
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
19
Age
42
Location
Arizona
Honestly, what was the point of writing this? Dropping your contractual obligations, family, and responsibility so that you could go cruise Asia and smoke weed, lets not forget rock out with Lenny Kravitz is not something a mature, responsibile adult does and it's not just a simple life mistake. People have to own up to making sh*tty life choices. If everyone was allowed such an easy pass, nobody would own up to anything. People would break contracts, screw each other over on a routine basis.

This was not some situation where he showed up late for work or called in sick one day. That could be termed a "simple mistake" or "bad choice." Take note to all the devastation which ocurred post-Ricky's random retirement. He put himself in a position where so many people depended on him, his family number one I mean how many more out of wedlocks kids is this man going to have???? Is that another "simple mistake" or is that a man who's making poor choices when it comes to his personal life? Luckily the court system is there to enforce gentlement like Ricky into paying child support, otherwise I don't think Ricky would come thru. Second were his teammates and Dolphins organization. The WHOLE thing collapsed, or did you not notice that? He knew this full blown, that he was that MEGA important. If for some odd reason he didn't, it's because of the fact that he's never been mature enough to own up to the figure he has become. If he doesn't want that kind of responsibility and does not want to be chastized, then don't work in the NFL...........that way when you want to make such scared, selfish decisions you won't have to worry about p*ssing off the masses.
 

DolfanISS

Perennial All-Pro
Club Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2002
Messages
17,632
Reaction score
6,467
Age
46
Location
Bellingham, MA
I agree a ltlle. I honestly, at this point anyways, don't give 2 sh!ts for Ricky Williams!!!!! I do however care about the Miami Dolphins and hope that in the end they can get the most out of him as they possibly can. If he leads us to the SB, I'll forgive him.
 

Gladsadmad

Second String
Joined
Mar 19, 2003
Messages
1,787
Reaction score
11
Age
49
Location
West Palm Beach
All that matters is that when and if Ricky Williams scores a TD...YOU HAVE TO CHEER...it's your obligation as a Dolfan. Love him or hate him...he's a Dolphin, and that's the TEAM that I love.
 

DolphinsD1

Starter
Joined
Mar 18, 2005
Messages
129
Reaction score
0
Age
34
Location
Bristol,TN
when ricky retired the only thing that bothered me was the timing he could of said he wanted to retire at the end of the season. everyone has made a mistake and i think he deserves another chance in the nfl with us or without us i think he deserves another chance period. I think thats why everyone was so pissed the guy we loved to watch must just quit on us when the start of the season was just around the corner. I respect ricky and what he does i hope he comes back and is till a great player. to be honest what he did was really really dirty just quitting like that and that is why i think he should be traded i just wouldnt allow someone like that back in my locker room, he could have bad influences on ronnie brown or other people. I wish ricky the best....... thats just my opinion
 

Vector1Dolphins

Seasoned Veteran
Joined
May 23, 2005
Messages
763
Reaction score
57
Location
Melbourne FL
I say let Ricky be Ricky. It is his life! let him live it the way he thinks it should go. We knew he was strange when we took him. IF he can in some way help us win games Kewl.
 

Pyne14

Rookie
Joined
Mar 1, 2005
Messages
98
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
Gainesville, FL
when will people realize that Ricky is worth more to the Dolphins if he is playing... not tenting it out in australia or smoking weed in his green room. regardless if he plays another down in a dolphin uniform again, he will have value to this franchise either before, during, or after this season.
 

iDolFan

Second String
Joined
May 29, 2004
Messages
1,356
Reaction score
0
Pyne14 said:
when will people realize that Ricky is worth more to the Dolphins if he is playing... not tenting it out in australia or smoking weed in his green room. regardless if he plays another down in a dolphin uniform again, he will have value to this franchise either before, during, or after this season.


good question, I wish they'd answer it
 

Mitchy71

Saskatchewan PhinFan
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
354
Reaction score
0
Age
49
Yeah. That was really stupid. Thanks for the mindless drivel.
 

Agua

Fighting the media, one lie at a time
Joined
Mar 7, 2002
Messages
6,860
Reaction score
557
Age
57
Location
Biloxi, Mississippi
DolphinsD1 said:
when ricky retired the only thing that bothered me was the timing he could of said he wanted to retire at the end of the season.

Well, actually, he couldn't because he didn't find out about the flunked drug test until three days before he "retired".
 

unifiedtheory

Thank you #54...
Joined
Aug 31, 2004
Messages
11,970
Reaction score
0
Age
49
Location
Burnaby, B.C., Canada
I'm not perfect...far from it actually...

I've also never walked out on 50 players and a coaching staff....all of whom's livelyhood and careers were in some way shape or form linked to me a week or two before training camp, basically screwing all of those people over.

I've never quit and left my team dangling in ther wind, with little or no chance of finding a competent replacement without having to overpay (see Lamar Gordon).

I've also never broken the hearts of countless fans...

I've also never screwed over thousands of season ticket holders and sponsers...

I'm a Dolphin fan...it's been in my blood for 20 years and nothing will ever change that.

When Ricky COMES OFF THE BENCH and breaks a few I'll cheer him on because it helps the DOLPHINS win.

That being said...Ricky is a damn quitter. He's had 100 chances and he still screws up. There is only so much rope I can give someone before I realize that they will never change.

Ricky can be cheered for but not trusted and anyone who trusts him...well...enjoy the heartbreak it will bring.
 

SCall13

Finheaven QB
Joined
May 25, 2003
Messages
13,540
Reaction score
221
Location
Charlotte, NC
unifiedtheory said:
I'm not perfect...far from it actually...

I've also never walked out on 50 players and a coaching staff....all of whom's livelyhood and careers were in some way shape or form linked to me a week or two before training camp, basically screwing all of those people over.

I've never quit and left my team dangling in ther wind, with little or no chance of finding a competent replacement without having to overpay (see Lamar Gordon).

I've also never broken the hearts of countless fans...

I've also never screwed over thousands of season ticket holders and sponsers...

I'm a Dolphin fan...it's been in my blood for 20 years and nothing will ever change that.

When Ricky COMES OFF THE BENCH and breaks a few I'll cheer him on because it helps the DOLPHINS win.

That being said...Ricky is a damn quitter. He's had 100 chances and he still screws up. There is only so much rope I can give someone before I realize that they will never change.

Ricky can be cheered for but not trusted and anyone who trusts him...well...enjoy the heartbreak it will bring.


Cheering for the Dolphins is what this is ALL ABOUT. It has nothing to do with RIcky Williams. It has to do with the Miami Dolphins and who can help them beat teams like New England, Buffalo, NY Jets, etc. Noone is thrilled with what happened last year. But we should be thrilled that we have Williams the ATHLETE on this team. He deserves a second chance. If he screws it up, it will be his last chance. Let him do with this chance what he will - but hopefully it will benefit the Dolphin in a big way. I think that it will.
 

Agua

Fighting the media, one lie at a time
Joined
Mar 7, 2002
Messages
6,860
Reaction score
557
Age
57
Location
Biloxi, Mississippi
SCall13 said:
He deserves a second chance. If he screws it up, it will be his last chance.

Man, ... please, stop with the "second chance" stuff. He's had 2 fresh starts in N.O. & Mia, 3 flunked drug tests, 4 preg moms ... A chance to rejoin the team without a suspension ... A chance to walk away without a dozen parting shots at the team ..

I'm dealing with him being on the team because I have to, but don't make excuses for him.
 

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up with Fire!
Super Donator
Club Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2004
Messages
45,379
Reaction score
35,382
Age
57
Location
So Cal
Agua said:
Man, ... please, stop with the "second chance" stuff. He's had 2 fresh starts in N.O. & Mia, 3 flunked drug tests, 4 preg moms ... A chance to rejoin the team without a suspension ... A chance to walk away without a dozen parting shots at the team ..

I'm dealing with him being on the team because I have to, but don't make excuses for him.
:yeahthat: :drinkers:
 
Top Bottom