I apologize to these Ricky haters | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I apologize to these Ricky haters

Well I think I've said everything on my mind about this situation. I'm pretty sure I wont start anymore threads, because it seems to "antagonize" the people vs Ricky. I'm going to try and not respond anymore to these posts that are really not that productive.

Fact is, yall have your opinion about RW, I have mine. I respect all of your opinions, my only goal was to try to show the situation form another viewpoint.

oh well.......Im about to watch Dave Chappelle's season 2 on DVD:D

peace out dudes

xXxpHiN34 said:
Well I think I've said everything on my mind about this situation. I'm pretty sure I wont start anymore threads, because it seems to "antagonize" the people vs Ricky. I'm going to try and not respond anymore to these posts that are really not that productive.

Fact is, yall have your opinion about RW, I have mine. I respect all of your opinions, my only goal was to try to show the situation form another viewpoint.

oh well.......Im about to watch Dave Chappelle's season 2 on DVD:D

peace out dudes

I really hope you do respect other people's opinions. It just didn't seem like it to me by the way you started this thread.

By the way, Chappelle Show rocks.

kingnate85 said:
I really hope you do respect other people's opinions. It just didn't seem like it to me by the way you started this thread.

By the way, Chappelle Show rocks.

Finally we agree on something! :wink:

Agua said:
Man, ... please, stop with the "second chance" stuff. He's had 2 fresh starts in N.O. & Mia, 3 flunked drug tests, 4 preg moms ... A chance to rejoin the team without a suspension ... A chance to walk away without a dozen parting shots at the team ..

I'm dealing with him being on the team because I have to, but don't make excuses for him.

Never has our argument been summed up so correctly and succinctly. I welcome him back because I want to win, but what he did was wrong, and we are under no obligation to forgive him.

What a bunch of BS......

xXxpHiN34 said:
Look, I really must apologize to these Ricky haters. :rolleyes:

You guys can all obviously claim to be “Mr. Perfectâ€Â.:rolleyes: All you have obviously never, ever, made one mistake in your entire lives. You guys must all be truly perfect. You guys must have never done anything wrong. Never quit a job, that in your eyes was not going well. You all must never burned bridges with friends, even family and never talk to them again. And of course, you all have never smoked marijuana!

NEWS FLASH: Everyone one of us is human. Human beings make mistakes! It’s part of life. That’s why there is something called second chances. If there were no such thing as second chances, this world would be waaaay worse than it already is.

LOL, you as I was typing this, one of my friends IM’ed and was asking what I was doing and all that. I said, “Oh nothing, it seems I’m about to get into an argument with these fellow dolphin fans on a message board.â€Â

Damn, that hit me like a ton a bricks. So I wont get into all of this crap that you guys are setting up, because, ya know, I’m better than that. I have integrity. Fact is you all have your opinion about Ricky, I have mine. I know I’m not perfect, so I’m willing to forgive and forget. Since you guys are perfect and everything, I can understand yall’s point of view that mistakes cant be tolerated.

Your above quote that I placed in bold red letters is a crock. You were the one that made a thread FIVE TO SIX months IN ADVANCE. It came with a warning that you were marking names down of all the Ricky Haters, and that you would be the first one to call anyone on that list out as a hypocrite if they even once praised Ricky for doing well. THAT MY FRIEND IS WHAT YOU CALL A SETUP!!!!!! Tsk tsk tsk.... :shakeno:

As for your second chance theory. Here is a small list of not so bad things that your savior has done in his past. None of it is a big deal, but he is far from his second chance. IMO, He does deserve EVERY SINGLE CHANCE, and MORE if needed, but he does not deserve the game of football. That's my humble, honest opinion. He not only dissed his last two teams, but he also dissed the NFL, and it's players union by his claims that the NFL drug policy is a joke. It may be, but it could have surely been handled much differently....

NFL running back Ricky Williams was arrested by Texas cops in February 2000 for refusing to sign a traffic ticket. Williams, who was a member of the New Orleans Saints at the time, was pulled over by Austin police after they allegedly saw him swerve his Hummer across lanes without signaling.
5/00
Police found marijuana paraphernalia and an unidentified pill in New Orleans Saints' running back Ricky Williams' house when they were called there to help an unconscious man. Williams was in Austin, Texas, and was letting a friend use the house, said team spokesman Greg Bensel. Bensel said he spoke with the running back Saturday night, and was told Williams had lent his home to a friend for the second weekend of the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival.
2/02
Miami running back Ricky Williams was fined $500 Tuesday as part of a plea bargain stemming from his Feb. 24 arrest on charges of driving 126 mph. Williams was not present in court, but entered the plea through his lawyer, Vincent Glorioso III. Under the plea, a charge of reckless operation was dismissed and a charge of driving faster than 101 mph was reduced. Williams pleaded guilty to driving 98 mph in a 70 mph zone. The plea bargain may have kept Williams from a sentence in the parish jail. Judge John Trahan said he typically sentences anyone convicted of driving more than 101 mph to serve jail time.
4/02
According to the Sun Sentinel, an arrest warrant was issued in Louisiana on Tuesday for Ricky Williams after he missed a court date for his February speeding ticket. Williams has another hearing set for today. A Dolphins official said Wednesday that Williams is working with the district attorney's office to reschedule the hearing and resolve the matter. Williams, who was driving 126 MPH when stopped by Louisiana police earlier this year, should get his (bleep) into the courthouse to take care of this. Once a head-case, always a head-case, we guess.
Saints players were levied approximately $180,000 in fines by the team last season. Running back Ricky Williams, who is now with Miami, and tackle Willie Roaf, who is with Kansas City, were two of the biggest culprits, missing or being late for team meetings and committing other violations. Williams had $85,000 in fines; Roaf had slightly more than $50,000. "With those two guys gone, we probably won't have more than $30,000 or $40,000 in fines," Haslett said. Local charities typically benefit from players' misdeeds.
6/02
Miami Dolphins running back Ricky Williams received tickets Tuesday for having an expired tag and driving without a driver's license and proof of insurance, police said. Williams was on his way home from the team's minicamp when he was pulled over in downtown Fort Lauderdale. He was "acting incoherently," was carrying no identification, and the expired temporary tag on the back of his hummer was not registered to that vehicle, Officer Ed Evart told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. Officers placed Williams in plastic handcuffs and put him in the back of a squad car.

ozzy said:
Last but not least we have this from Mr. Williams

The former Miami Dolphins running back explained to Wallace that his sudden retirement stemmed from a third positive drug test and the fallout that was sure to come if he stuck around.

"The thing that I had the most trouble with was that after you fail your third test, then it becomes public knowledge that you failed the test. And that's the one thing that I couldn't deal with at the time. People knowing that I smoke marijuana," Williams told Wallace. "That was my biggest fear in my whole entire life. I was scared to death of that."

Of course, he contradicts himself later by saying he doesn't care what others think of him, which only leads to confirm my suspicion that he is a very confused young man who is looking for something out of life that football didn't offer him.

Your the one who started this mess, and you are easily the one who can end it, by simply leaving peoples opinions alone. Especially when it's about someone who did quit on their team. It's fine to me that people easily forget, and want what they might think is best for their team, but apparently not all of us think that way. It's our right to our opinion.

yes it was a mistake what ricky did. and yes we are all humans and make plenty of them.

the thing that gets me about ricky is that he still says it wasnt a mistake and he doesnt owe an apology to anyone (he does, his teammates, not fans)

ricky made a mistake, but he isnt man enough to say it was one. im not perfect, but when i make a mistake, i man up about it.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
Hey, Dolphin Brothers let's treat each other with respect, and dignity. Keep the peace. If you don't agree with the post, dispute the post, let not go after the person. Be cool, don't get the mods on your butts!

I apologoze for saying it. But his first post to me referred to me as a B*stard so he got off on the wrong foot with me. And it went from there. Anyone who calls people names for no other reason than just to be doing it is a child. I don't have anything else to say to him.

xXxpHiN34 said:

You guys can all obviously claim to be “Mr. Perfectâ€Â.:rolleyes: All you have obviously never, ever, made one mistake in your entire lives. You guys must all be truly perfect. You guys must have never done anything wrong. Never quit a job, that in your eyes was not going well. You all must never burned bridges with friends, even family and never talk to them again. And of course, you all have never smoked marijuana!

HA! :lol:

BS!!!!!!!!

NEWS FLASH: Everyone one of us is human. Human beings make mistakes! It’s part of life. That’s why there is something called second chances. If there were no such thing as second chances, this world would be waaaay worse than it already is.

LOL, you as I was typing this, one of my friends IM’ed and was asking what I was doing and all that. I said, “Oh nothing, it seems I’m about to get into an argument with these fellow dolphin fans on a message board.â€Â

Her response: “Wow, sounds productive.â€Â

Damn, that hit me like a ton a bricks. So I wont get into all of this crap that you guys are setting up, because, ya know, I’m better than that. I have integrity. Fact is you all have your opinion about Ricky, I have mine. I know I’m not perfect, so I’m willing to forgive and forget. Since you guys are perfect and everything, I can understand yall’s point of view that mistakes cant be tolerated.

Peace out Dol-fans, gotta wake up early in the morning and go to work and be productive!
Don't claim to be perfect but no, I NEVER quit a job and NEVER did any illegal drug..EVER!!!

xXxpHiN34 said:

BS!!!!!!!!

Wow- where to start?

There's more flaws,problems and self serving nonsense in this argument than the average Hilary Clinton speech.

Ricky's second chance ALREADY happened. The Saints couldn't wait to dump this flake and this city and team bent over backwards to bring him in, keep him happy and maximize his potential.

And he threw it all away b/c he's a selfish kid who only cares about himself.

He doesn't love football and isn't capable of committing to a team or his kids for that matter.

Everybody makes mistakes. True. But Ricky continued to twist the knife after he quit, blaming everybody but Father Leo for his exit.

I don't like Wannstedt as a coach but what Ricky did to him and to the team was inexcusable. He literally butt raped a guy who tried to rescue his career and whose only sin (when it came to Ricky) was making Ricky the focal point of his offense.

Ricky is a great talent but is about as reliable as Paris Hilton on ecstasy.

I've got to accept that he's coming back but you better accept that what he did doesn't fall into the category of "he deserves a second chance"

SCall13 said:
I apologoze for saying it. But his first post to me referred to me as a B*stard so he got off on the wrong foot with me. And it went from there. Anyone who calls people names for no other reason than just to be doing it is a child. I don't have anything else to say to him.

Originally Posted by SCall13
Call it what you want. Too bad for all you Ricky haters. He's coming back. And EVERY ONE OF YOU WILL BE CHEERING win he busts off huge TD runs.

my response; "not for him"

SCall13 said:
I'mnot going to call you a liar. But it will be hard to imagine A DOLPHINS fan NOT cheering if RW cranks off a 55 yard, game winning TD against the Jests..

but it was ok to imply it, my next response; "what part of not for him did you miss"

SCall13 said:
The hidden part that says --I'm full of sh**--- :D.

another implication that was ok in his book because of the similie. I just thought I would point out that there was a double standard here. In his first ever post to me.. well, you guys can read.This will be my last post about Mr. SCal13, please sir, make an argument not an insult and perhaps practice what you so adamantly preach. On what I hope is common ground... Go Fins !

cnc66 said:
Originally Posted by SCall13
Call it what you want. Too bad for all you Ricky haters. He's coming back. And EVERY ONE OF YOU WILL BE CHEERING win he busts off huge TD runs.

my response; "not for him"

but it was ok to imply it, my next response; "what part of not for him did you miss"

another implication that was ok in his book because of the similie. I just thought I would point out that there was a double standard here. In his first ever post to me.. well, you guys can read.This will be my last post about Mr. SCal13, please sir, make an argument not an insult and perhaps practice what you so adamantly preach. On what I hope is common ground... Go Fins !

Like I said.."it will be hard for me to IMAGINE a dolphins fan not cheering for a TD, no matter who it is. I'm not an AJ Feeley fan by NO means. But if he throws a TD, I will cheer.
I was joking when I said "the full of sh*t" part. It was a joke. Calling someone a B*astard, however, is NOT. If you can't recognize the difference, then well....

Ricky failed! We all fail. Saban is the boss. He knows what it will take to build a winner. Have patience and see what happens. Go Phins!!!!!!!

Agua said:
Man, ... please, stop with the "second chance" stuff. He's had 2 fresh starts in N.O. & Mia, 3 flunked drug tests, 4 preg moms ... A chance to rejoin the team without a suspension ... A chance to walk away without a dozen parting shots at the team ..

I'm dealing with him being on the team because I have to, but don't make excuses for him.

IMO, this is the best post on this thread so far...

Back
Top Bottom