I can't belive this guy is paid to do this | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I can't belive this guy is paid to do this

Come on people, this ranking is awful. i.e. :
Cutler #1: just stupid, the guy lost 6 games in a row and he ranks ahead of 2 guys who have 3 ntl title between them.

TE : Pope ranked #6 : every else i looked he was the 3rd TE
T : Colledge???? ahead the likes of Mcneil, Scott, Whitsworth, O'callahan
LB : B.Carpenter #9, the guy will most likely be drafted in the 1st round, early second
CB : No J.Williams, at all... J.Joseph 2nd, i know he had a good 40 but ahead of Hill.
S : I would have done a better job picking the name out of a hat.

RonnieB23 said:
Cutler #1: just stupid, the guy lost 6 games in a row and he ranks ahead of 2 guys who have 3 ntl title between them.

LB : B.Carpenter #9, the guy will most likely be drafted in the 1st round, early second
CB : No J.Williams, at all... J.Joseph 2nd, i know he had a good 40 but ahead of Hill.

He ranked them as pro prospects, not by how many trophies they have. The lists aren't perfect, but what list is? Its all a matter of opinion.

mayock doesn't just go with the mainstream thinking, he goes with his own scouting and put together his own assesment...

sometimes these people get caught up in the hype of certain playres and they get ranked maybe where they shouldn't... hes been a guy who doesn't get caught up in that...

RonnieB23 said:

if you're going to draft players based on how many games they lost in college, or how many they won, then you'd have a very bad football team. and it's obvious you don't watch nfl network, as mayock has gone over his rankings countless times, given explanations for pretty much every player he has listed here.

I see nothing out of line in his rankings, we won't know which of the big 3 QB's is the best for a few years, Cutler may very well end up the best of the lot.

Mayock watches alot of film. I'm sure he sees alot more film than we do. I agree with alot of his rankings. But not all of them.

Jimmy Williams is one of the best if not the best d-back around,,,,right up there with Huff.....but I guess this guy would not know this. :lol:

RonnieB23 said:

Would you like me to name the long list of college QB's who won National titles that flamed out in the NFL?

One has little to do with the other.

Juan Cribbs said:
if you're going to draft players based on how many games they lost in college, or how many they won, then you'd have a very bad football team. and it's obvious you don't watch nfl network, as mayock has gone over his rankings countless times, given explanations for pretty much every player he has listed here.

That may be true for every other position than Qb.

BTW, i do watch NFL network, and that doesn't mean that i buy everything they say. You can always give explanation for your choice, but it's easy when theres nobody to argue with.
And don't assume thing just to prove your point. You can agree or disagree with me, i don't care, but why discredit me when you don't know.

Roman529 said:
Jimmy Williams is one of the best if not the best d-back around,,,,right up there with Huff.....but I guess this guy would not know this. :lol:
boomer says he's falling very hard on a lot of peoples' boards.

Best list, I've seen so far. I caught these two
Marcus McNeill, Auburn - I'm guessing back(Medical) issues is why hes 6th

Brodrick Bunkley, Florida St. - Great combine and pro day? and hes past Hgata?

RonnieB23 said:
Obviously the QB must take the blame for everything then if you are blaming Cutler for those 6 losses.
Going by that assumption you would rather have Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson over Dan Marino since those 2 have a Superbowl ring each while Dan's got none.

Juan Cribbs said:
boomer says he's falling very hard on a lot of peoples' boards.

Even so, for him to not even be ranked is a mistake on Mayocks part or a glitch in the system when they posted it.

Back
Top Bottom