I didnt know we had so many YOUNG Dolfans | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I didnt know we had so many YOUNG Dolfans

Omaha_Dolfan

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I mean seriously .... I havent heard this much whining and crying since My 10 year old was 5.

I apologize if this is considered a personal attack on other posters of this board but a man can only take so much.

So what if the Dolphins didnt draft who you want. They grabbed a Starting caliber O-Lineman with Carey who will fit into the right side nicely if you ask me. Oh .... Hmmmmm sounds like everyone was complaining we had a gaping hole in our O-Line before we drafted ... so why is ANYONE disappointed with this pick?

Okay ... now to round 4 .... we picked up a 1st/2nd round talent in the 4th round. Hmmmm sounds like a good plan regardless of his position?

People cant complain about drafting for need ... or drafting best player available because as far as I am concerned we did a pretty damn good job of drafting both this year.

I mean a lot of people are acting like the season is over because we didnt draft this player ... or sign this player in the off-season.

Well in case you didnt watch any football last year ... well we were in both games till the very end against the superbowl champions ... yes I will utter their name ...the Patriots .... Am I the only one to think that well .... if we were just a play or two from beating them twice during the year that could of been us holding the big Trophy at the end of the season?

We are not as bad as a lot of you people make us out to be. Sure we are stuck on the hump ... and well ... a lot of times one player is all it needs to get over the hump. We have complained about Fiedler ... we got an upgrade in my opinion in Feeley ... and if he isnt the upgrade .. the additions to the line will make Fiedler better.

We complained that Chambers was having problems because DT couldnt get open or catch a football if it came with handles on it ... well now we have David Boston ... a top three talent at WR if in the right place with his head on straght ... Hmmm last time he worked with our New WR Coach he what ... only caught 1500+ yards of passes.... not too bad in my book.

And we complained that the Defense let us down ... was over hyped and didnt stand up to the challenge and lost some games for us late.... so what did the FO do? They actually went out and upgraded the Defense.

We now have close to what could arguably 4 starting Cornerbacks.

Sure DW is still the coach ... but you know what ... he isnt that bad of a coach... he is a horrible personal director (GM) but he isnt that bad of a coach and well you can argue that he doesnt motivate the players ... well it seems to me that they play pretty hard for him as is.

Stop acting like this is the end of the world because we didnt pick whatshisname or whosoever. We did good in the draft ... we did good in the offseason ... and I personally believe that an average offseason or average draft might of put us over the hump.

I am looking forward to next season with the league's toughest schedule and gaining home field advantage throughout the playoffs. If we dont get this ... call me out ... and I will eat my crow ... but when we do either stop whining and complaining or be prepared to eat some of your own.

My Apologies for coming off as an arrogant @&&hole but am tired of the whining.

edit: Fixed a typo

i only say that we could have tried getting a WR and thats it... besides, u dont like people complaining u should move to the moon or something..., its normal...

Omaha_Dolfan said:
I mean seriously .... I havent heard this much whining and crying since My 10 year old was 5.

I apologize if this is considered a personal attack on other posters of this board but a man can only take so much.

So what if the Dolphins didnt draft who you want. They grabbed a Starting caliber O-Lineman with Carey who will fit into the right side nicely if you ask me. Oh .... Hmmmmm sounds like everyone was complaining we had a gaping hole in our O-Line before we drafted ... so why is ANYONE disappointed with this pick?

Okay ... now to round 4 .... we picked up a 1st/2nd round talent in the 4th round. Hmmmm sounds like a good plan regardless of his position?

People cant complain about drafting for need ... or drafting best player available because as far as I am concerned we did a pretty damn good job of drafting both this year.

I mean a lot of people are acting like the season is over because we didnt draft this player ... or sign this player in the off-season.

Well in case you didnt watch any football last year ... well we were in both games till the very end against the superbowl champions ... yes I will utter their name ...the Patriots .... Am I the only one to think that well .... if we were just a play or two from beating them twice during the year that could of been us holding the big Trophy at the end of the season?

We are not as bad as a lot of you people make us out to be. Sure we are stuck on the hump ... and well ... a lot of times one player is all it needs to get over the hump. We have complained about Fiedler ... we got an upgrade in my opinion in Feeley ... and if he isnt the upgrade .. the additions to the line will make Fiedler better.

We complained that Chambers was having problems because DT couldnt get open or catch a football if it came with handles on it ... well now we have David Boston ... a top three talent at WR if in the right place with his head on straght ... Hmmm last time he worked with our New WR Coach he what ... only caught 1500+ yards of passes.... not too bad in my book.

And we complained that the Defense let us down ... was over hyped and didnt stand up to the challenge and lost some games for us late.... so what did the FO do? They actually went out and upgraded the Defense.

We now have close to what could arguably 4 starting Cornerbacks.

Sure DW is still the coach ... but you know what ... he isnt that bad of a coach... he is a horrible personal director (GM) but he isnt that bad of a coach and well you can argue that he doesnt motivate the players ... well it seems to me that they play pretty hard for him as is.

Stop acting like this is the end of the world because we didnt pick whatshisname or whosoever. We did good in the draft ... we did good in the offseason ... and I personally believe that an average offseason or average draft might of put us over the hump.

I am looking forward to next season with the league's toughest schedule and gaining home field advantage throughout the playoffs. If we dont get this ... call me out ... and I will eat my crow ... but when we do either stop whining and complaining or be prepared to eat some of your own.

My Apologies for coming off as an arrogant @&&hole but am tired of the whining.

edit: Fixed a typo

THANK YOU! I couldn't have said it better myself bro!

Did we really need another one of these threads?

I'm just tired of people resorting to calling the other side whiners or delusional because there isn't total harmony. Is there really such total harmony in so many of your lives that you can't take a little disagreement?

I would say more, but I think my position on this is clear. If somebody has questions PM me or reply and I'll get back to you.

Another thread whining about people whining.
There's so many homers on this board, I'm glad we have a few "less optimistic" posters to balance things out. Makes it more interesting.

OH I wouldnt call them whiners if they just disagreed. I like discussion and disagreement as much as the next person ... but to say the season is over ... we are going to suck ... that is just doing nothing but giving up which I take as whining ... I apologize if you take it as something different.

I mean I wont argue with a person if he says we should of drafted P.K. Sam instead of a safety. But if you say because of that choice the season is over and why even bother watching next year then you will hear from me.

Who exactly is saying that?

I'm not trying to shoot the messenger, Omaha. I'm just growing weary of the message, which seems to strike a recurring chord.

Homer? I am the farthest thing from a Homer that there is ... I am a Fiedler Basher through and through ... the thought that we resigned him makes me sick.

But, you wont here me saying that because we resigned him ... the season is over .. I mean hell even with him as QB we came close to beating the SB Champs twice last year. That to me means we arent as far away as a lot of people seem to think.

Jimmy James said:
Did we really need another one of these threads?

I'm just tired of people resorting to calling the other side whiners or delusional because there isn't total harmony. Is there really such total harmony in so many of your lives that you can't take a little disagreement?

I would say more, but I think my position on this is clear. If somebody has questions PM me or reply and I'll get back to you.

Some people base their opinions on fact, others are just petulant little brats. You have to admit that.

It is pretty obvious from reading a post whether or not the person knows what they are talking about. Some dudes and dudettes are over the top sometimes and it gets tiring reading nonesense when you have limited computer access, so the less BS you have to sift through the better!

BTW, an opinion that is different is NOT BS, just opinions with no factual data or signifigance is crap, and makes a poster look whiney....

(i was in no way referring to any one member in particular)

Well put Omaha, according to some fans we should start looking at next years draft for the #1 pick overall.

Well I have seen the posts that we screwed up the draft so bad we are going 9-7 and missing the playoffs ... etc etc. Have been on the board all weekend and seen the complaints, including yours about BPA, about Wilfork which I didnt respond to because I liked the way you stated your post ... even if a lot of others miss-interpreted it.

And a lot of people are so negative it is like ... Jeeesh the only way to make them happy would of been have them in the war room and have them make the decisions. I mean there is no way that a draft is going to make everyone happy but come on ... you have to admit we didnt do that bad.

Bodzilla,

Isn't it also frustrating to spend your limited time (which we all do have) reading the same thread complaining about the whining?

Omaha_Dolfan said:
Homer? I am the farthest thing from a Homer that there is ... I am a Fiedler Basher through and through ... the thought that we resigned him makes me sick.

But, you wont here me saying that because we resigned him ... the season is over .. I mean hell even with him as QB we came close to beating the SB Champs twice last year. That to me means we arent as far away as a lot of people seem to think.
I'm not necessarily calling you a homer, but you have to admit there's A TON of them here.
The ones that are satisfied no matter what we do.
If we woulda drafted Greg Jones in the 1st, I bet there would people here justifying that move, just because they trust the FO no matter what.

I do agree that we have people here who are quite negative. I guess what I'm asking is whether you're in a position to start a list of these negative posters. If you are, then this thread might actually go in a somewhat fresh direction because we could at least debate whether specific individuals are whining or not.

I'm not saying you're wrong if you are either unable or unwilling to do so, btw. I'm also happy to hear that another person read a bit of the intention I had into what I wrote. I'm about to forget about that thread for my own sanity, to tell you the truth.

Back
Top Bottom