I don't think Will Allen can/should cover Roddy White | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I don't think Will Allen can/should cover Roddy White

All of this won't matter if the DLs/LBs do there job and put Ryan on his back...Will won't have to be spectacular...just serviceable (which he is more than capable of)

You're gonna be fearing all season.

Week 1: Roddy White/Tony Gonzalez
Week 2: Reggie Wayne/Anthony Gonzalez/Dallas Clark
Week 3: Vincent Jackson/Antonio Gates
Week 4: Terrell Owens/Lee Evans
Week 5: Jets LOL
Week 7: Whoever catches the ball for Drew Brees
Week 8: Jets LOL Part 2
Week 9: Randy Moss/Wes Welker
Week 10: Antonio Bryant/Kellen Winslow Jr.
Week 11: Steve Smith
Week 12: TO/Lee Evans Part 2
Week 13: Moss/Welker Part 2
Week 14: Torry Holt
Week 15: Tennessee LOL
Week 16: Andre Johnson/Kevin Walter/Owen Daniels
Week 17: Santonio Holmes/Hines Ward/Heath Miller

I think we'll be fine. We've seriously upgraded talent this offseason. And our secondary wasn't really as bad as some people think last year, considering the talent we had.

We'd have that same "LOL" facing you guys- at least we have Cotch and Keller.

Someone cited a KC-Miami game several years ago where Travis Daniels was assigned one-on-one on TG to hit him in the ribs every time he went up for the ball. After a while TG quit going up for the ball. Sounds like a good strategy to me. Can you imagine buff V Davis laying the wood to TG?

I am also hoping the pass rush is improved and Ryan will have less time to look downfield. Let him keep checking off to TG and let VD keep popping him in the ribs. TG is a little bit older than when Travis laid the wood on him.... :hump:

The 2 games Miami played w/ Daniels on the roster Gonzalez caught 13 pass for 151 yds. if you prorate those #s over 16 games he'd have 104 recs and 1208 yds so I'm not sure that strategy worked.

The 2 games Miami played w/ Daniels on the roster Gonzalez caught 13 pass for 151 yds. if you prorate those #s over 16 games he'd have 104 recs and 1208 yds so I'm not sure that strategy worked.
Yep, i can only remember one time that he didn't have a good game playing us.

Yea I know I'm jumping ahead to game 1, but what else is the off season for. I saw every Dolphins game last year, but I always went to the bar with a friend of mine who was a Falcons fan so I caught A LOT of Falcons games. THIS is the one matchup I fear the WORST, I think we have them at least even or beat in every other matchup.

When Roddy White wants to catch a ball, he simply will. Matt Ryan was smart enough to trust White and White made him look like a genius, time and time again. Makes me wonder if it'll force us to try to double him, but then you leave the holes open for Turner to run through. Sean Smith has the size to handle a Roddy White but he doesn't have the experience.

If you noticed last year, Will Allen was NOT covering most of the big no. 1 receivers. He didn't play Randy Moss at least. So what changes now? I KNOW Will Allen won't play him, he's great I love him, but he doesn't have the size and Sparano knows it. Ugh, if it weren't for Roddy I'd feel positive about this game... oh well.

Will is FINE.
He can and will cover White. Not concerned there.
The reason why you did not see will on Randy is becasue the game plan was simple. We put our best corner on Welker and we bracket Randy. Great plan Think about it.
1. why waste your best corner on Moss who will run mostly deep routes?
while your second best corner is on the other side of the field is getting killed by welker running short slants and come backs? Will did a Damn good job against Welker. Moss on the other hand just made a few unbelieveable catches. Thats where Vonta or better yet Smith comes into play. We had Ransy covered he just out jumped or just took the ball away from 2 and 3 defenders. Our secondary is A LOT BETTER then you think. The players that we have FIT the scheme that we want to play....

tony is going to get his touches and bell and roth did a good job on him last season, unless during the game smith/davis is just working white at the line allen will be responsible for him

I am more concerned of the D-line with both 2 year starters on the edges. If we can bring pressure and slow down the run, the rest will take care of itself.

Our secondary has more speed, better hands and more talent than last year.

Who is going to stop Ronnie, Speedster Ginn and our Turner?

im worried about what freakin linebacker can keep up with gonzalez??
Roddy white is good.. but he isnt gonzalez

Last year when we played him he only went 7 for 64 but had 1 TD.... Those arent great numbers, he definately did not tear us apart.. and in theory we have upgraded the LB position.. I not TOO worried... IMO he wont tear us up this year either

Last year when we played him he only went 7 for 64 but had 1 TD.... Those arent great numbers, he definately did not tear us apart.. and in theory we have upgraded the LB position.. I not TOO worried... IMO he wont tear us up this year either

7-64-1 TD is a good game

prorate that to 16 games and it is 112 recs-1024 yds and 16 TDs

I also think that we have a hard season ahead of us when it comes to recievers to cover. Starting with Atlanta, the key is to make sure that the QB doesn't have all day to throw the ball. We did a really good job last year most of the time covering for 3 or 4 seconds, but after that recievers are just going to get open. You have to be able to get to the QB and make him throw the ball before he is ready.

7-64-1 TD is a good game

prorate that to 16 games and it is 112 recs-1024 yds and 16 TDs

Missed the point completely, as I am not comparing what TG did cumulatively, therefore your comparing apples to oranges... and although it is a good game, it is by far tearing anyone up... Take away the TD and it is a below average game

Missed the point completely, as I am not comparing what TG did cumulatively, therefore your comparing apples to oranges... and although it is a good game, it is by far tearing anyone up... Take away the TD and it is a below average game

Take away the TD and it's an avg of 112 recs and 1024 yds. His per season avg. for recs is 76 and yards 912 so it's not a below average game.

NYJ is right about Gonzo. This time around, I think he'll get his catches, but I hope/think the pass rush and the improved secondary will limit the yardage on those receptions. If we can stuff up Turner, we should do fine against their passing attack. It's a game we should win.

Back
Top Bottom