I fail to see how Bellicheck is a "motivator" | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I fail to see how Bellicheck is a "motivator"

Wiggy, I didn't mean Walsh, BB and JJ were not great coaches. What I meant was that they ended up in great situations. Obviously they are good coaches but they were blessed with talent and owners willing to go out and get it. Several coaches that have had great teams failed to see the same results when they went to other teams like Walsh with the Panthers and JJ at Miami. Today Holmgren is struggling at Seattle. Today, it looks like luck is an important factor to winning and the NFL is more like baseball and basketball where it's the team that's hot at the end that wins. Another thing that has changed is how terams are selected for the draft. Teams that struggle through losing seasons build up draft picks while a team that remains respectable year after year with 10 win seasons never get the picks. I guess this change is for the better because in the 70's most of the time the preseason favorite won the SuperBowl.

Even as a Patriots fan lets be realistic about the 2001 Patriots talent. That was probably the best coaching job in the history of the NFL..........Otis Smith, Antoine Smith, Tebucky Jones and a rookie QB named Brady. We didn't exactly have all Pro WR's or LB's. How is that a good situation? Those coaches you mentioned went to teams who didn't win the Bowl before they got there. Thats what it's all about. Your assesment is extremelt flawed.

Originally posted by WiGGy

WTF are you talking about? Tell me what a motivator is bro. Obviously Wanny couldn't motivate his team to win more games or did he?

Once again what is a motivator? How ISN'T Belichick motivating his team to win despite injuries and other obstacles? How is it he got the team to win 14 games and play as a team and put aside personal stats and recognition? How did he get the players to move on after cutting Milloy and run away with the AFC east? Oh I guess he wasn't motivating the players, his X's and O's were used in the locker room and off the field as well. You Dolphins fans are as sad as your team.

A motivator is a rah rah type like JJ was. BB is a good coach b/c he puts players in position to make plays not b/c he's pumping sunshine up their backsides.

And by the way sad is a person who lacks the reading comprehension to understand when a post is not attacking a coach or a team but rather the belief that a coach needs to motivate players to do their job.

Back
Top Bottom