I fail to see how Bellicheck is a "motivator" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I fail to see how Bellicheck is a "motivator"

Wannstedt's record the last 4 years is 41-23.
Bellicheck's record the last 4 years is 39-25.
They both have taken their teams to the playoffs 2 out of the last 4 years.
Granted Bellicheck's team won the SuperBowl in 2001, with the aid of the tuck rule. If the Pats run the table this year and win the Big One, then I'll give him his due. Until then though, I consider DW and BB pretty equal.

Originally posted by MïâMì-ÃÂø|ƒäÑ
i hate bb, hes way overratted.... and I have yet to see a outstanding pats team... ill admit they are doing damn well, but never havew they seemed to have truely outpowered a team.. and won flat out. football is a game of skill and luck and mentality.... but luck really seems to be a part of their game. hey pull of the most unbleievable things, but yet screw up the simplist things...they are soon to have a LARGE DOWNFALL.

This year's Patriots are 14-2, that is pretty outstanding to me. Belichick is not overrated, if it weren't for him the Patriots would never have won a SB and wouldn't be in the position they are now. Luck is part of the game and while the Patriots are sometimes lucky they always find a way to win the game.

Originally posted by ajdoggie
Wannstedt's record the last 4 years is 41-23.
Bellicheck's record the last 4 years is 39-25.
They both have taken their teams to the playoffs 2 out of the last 4 years.
Granted Bellicheck's team won the SuperBowl in 2001, with the aid of the tuck rule. If the Pats run the table this year and win the Big One, then I'll give him his due. Until then though, I consider DW and BB pretty equal.

Pretty equal? :lol:

Belichick's teams have been way less talented than Wannstedt's.

Here is a stat that matters: Belichick's SBs: 1
Wannstedt's SBs: 0

Belichick has done an amazing job with his team. The tuck rule helped out, and it is a BS rule, but they still won the two games after that. His team beat the more talented Rams to win a Super Bowl. Now, he has gotten his not-so-talented Patriots who have dealt with a lot of injuries to go 14-2. I have no idea how you can think he is close to Wanny. Wanny might have a better record but you have to look at things like talent and how each coach did with what they have. Belichick gets a lot out of what he has while Wannstedt gets very little.

Point well taken. Maybe equal wasn't the right term to use.

Um....

About the Wanny being equal comment......

Pats have had 42 different players START this year. The Pats went 14-2.

The just does not happen in the NFL.

Belichick has been making these players overachieve for his entire tenure.

Heck, during the 5-11 season, the Pats lost 9 of those games by 8 points or less!!!

------------------------

About BB being a motivator.....these people are adults. You don't need to trash them on the sidelines. The players are motivated because they feel they are getting paid to win. And Belichick prepares them to do that.

Who is responsible for getting that talent? Wannstedt has improved on our talent. He's neglected certain areas, but seriously..The talent level shouldnt be an issue.

The difference between Wanny and Belichick at this point is not much. The biggest difference is the hype.

I aint claiming Wannstedt is a fantastic coach. And I'm not claiming Belichick sucks. What I will claim, however, is Belichick is highly overrated, and Wannstedt gets a bit more blame then he should.

I think comparing these two coaches is ridiculous.

Take Wanny's situation with the Bears. Wasn't so hot, in fact, i don't think the Bears have recovered from what he did to that organization.

Now B.B.'s tenior with cleveland wasn't so hot either. But where the difference lies is in there second . B.B. earned his second chance while Wanny was conviently given this great job that I once thought, and still think, is one of the greatest in the nfl.

So what does B.B. do? He completely transforms the Patties. Let's remember the team he inhereted was not nearly as good as the one Wanny had. B.B. take his less talented roster with a completely unproven Q.B. all the way to a Super Bowl title. Wanny's team gets the tar beat out of them in a wild card loss to the Ravens.

B.B.'s added new talent and replaced old talent with what appears to be better talent. The patriots have two 1's, two 2's, and two 4's in this years draft. Albeit, the picks might not be high, but it's still more young talent that will be added to their team, a lot more then what the Dolphins are getting.

Wannstedt has a lot of catching up in many coaching and personel departments before he can be mentioned in the same breath as Belichick.

Not so fast my friend, as Lee Corso would say....................

The Rams were exposed before the SB and NE capitalized on it. I don't give BB or NE and ounce of credit. The Titans needed only one m ore play to put the Rams out of the only SB they won. NE has always been lucky and always on the good side of bad calls. I remember many years ago when they beat the Raiders on two bad calls when they had Sam the Bam and Russ Francis and if I'm not mistaken they beat Denver in the same playoffs on a bad call. I can not stand the Jets and the Yankees and now I hate NE just as bad, They are not deserving. Their luck and good fortune are a balance to the bad luck and misfortune the Fins have had. It makes me sick. If I didn't know better I'd say those powers running things are only happy when a team from the north is winning.

The NFL world to a NE fan is just too good to be true and I think they are about to step back into reality and their luck has come to an end because of luck of the draw more than likely they will get the Titans in the playoffs and I predict the Pats will go down in flames as another over rated team with a huge winning record but can't back it up when the time comes. I read a message on their board where they already have the SB in their pocket and are talking about owning the longest winning streak. Big talk for a team that won 4 or 5 games by luck and dominated nobody. I just don't see it. It'll be a pleasure looking at their faces when they go out in the divisional playoffs.

You give BB too much credit. He is lucky and nothing else. Check back in four years and see how good he is. Just like Jimmy the quitter in Dallas, he fell into a great situation. We all seen how good JJ was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Unclemeat

The Rams were exposed before the SB and NE capitalized on it. I don't give BB or NE and ounce of credit. The Titans needed only one m ore play to put the Rams out of the only SB they won. NE has always been lucky and always on the good side of bad calls. I remember many years ago when they beat the Raiders on two bad calls when they had Sam the Bam and Russ Francis and if I'm not mistaken they beat Denver in the same playoffs on a bad call. I can not stand the Jets and the Yankees and now I hate NE just as bad, They are not deserving. Their luck and good fortune are a balance to the bad luck and misfortune the Fins have had. It makes me sick. If I didn't know better I'd say those powers running things are only happy when a team from the north is winning.

The NFL world to a NE fan is just too good to be true and I think they are about to step back into reality and their luck has come to an end because of luck of the draw more than likely they will get the Titans in the playoffs and I predict the Pats will go down in flames as another over rated team with a huge winning record but can't back it up when the time comes. I read a message on their board where they already have the SB in their pocket and are talking about owning the longest winning streak. Big talk for a team that won 4 or 5 games by luck and dominated nobody. I just don't see it. It'll be a pleasure looking at their faces when they go out in the divisional playoffs.

You give BB too much credit. He is lucky and nothing else. Check back in four years and see how good he is. Just like Jimmy the quitter in Dallas, he fell into a great situation. We all seen how good JJ was.

Dominated nobody? They just beat the Bills 31-0.

Luck is part of the game. The Patriots are certainly a lucky team, but Belichick comes up with amazing gameplans, gets his players to believe in them, and his players play with heart. They haven't dominated anyone, but it doesn't matter how much you win by, all that matters is that you win, and the Patriots won 14 games.

I don't think the Patriots will win a SB. I think they are lucky in many ways, but I also think they have an amazing coach and one who definitely deserves to win coach of the year. However, Belichick is more than just lucky. Belichick can do more with less than any other coach in the NFL.

Last game of the season at home with a team playing for home field advantage against a team that had laid down playing for a coach they didn't respect with nothing to play for. 31-0. Wow.

And he has more players than people give credit. BB will dry off into obscurity just like JJ, Walsh etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
NEW FINHEAVEN - now even more delusional.

I can virtually see good posters like iceblizzard cringing with embarassment at some of the threads that find their way to this board.

To answer the first question, you don't have a 13 game win streak including a superbowl win, and then a 12 game win streak (still going on) if you're not feeling motivated.

Either you are 6 years old or have never watched the game of football.

This is one idiotic post. Obviously, your jealosy of BB and the Patriots far outwieghs any objectivity that you can have.

BTW, what time is Wanny's tee-time tomorrow?

Last game of the season at home with a team playing for home field advantage against a team that had laid down playing for a coach they didn't respect with nothing to play for. 31-0. Wow.

And he has more players than people give credit. BB will dry off into obscurity just like JJ, Walsh etc.

Last edited by Unclemeat on 01-01-2004 at 12:00 PM

JJ, Walsh and Belichick.......how many Super Bowls have all those guys been a part of ? Answer that for me then read your statement again. Your jealousy is glaring.

the Pats played Phily and won 31-10.....did the fins play phily?
the Pats played Tenn and won 38-30 .....did the fins play Tenn?

the Pats played Miami and shut them down....12-0

the 1st game the Pats played the fins ..the fins should have
won....but the pats got lucky:lol: :lol: :lol:

just think 11-5 would have been the #5 seed in the playoffs:eek:

BB isn't a motivator, but he has had success. This is b/c a coach doesn't neccessarily have to be. It's just that some people who know very little about football will jump to simple solutions to try to explain a team's failure.

Back
Top Bottom