I Feel That Penei Sewell... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Feel That Penei Sewell...

He does not put up the same numbers with Waddle in the lineup.
I don’t even know what Smith’s stats are. But I can tell you that I watched all of his 2020 games and his top skills have nothing to do with any other prospect in this draft. Smith doesn’t become less talented just because someone else is in the lineup. Talent is inherent.

Probably not popular opinion, but several don't feel Sewell is the #1 OT in the draft. As mentioned above by Candolphin.

Someone on that same site also said this:

"Ideal Role: Starting center (teams will be well within rights to let him fail outside and work in if preferred)."

I’m gonna have to look at slater cause sewells sophomore pass pro technique consistency isn’t doing it for me top 5

I’m gonna have to look at slater cause sewells sophomore pass pro technique consistency isn’t doing it for me top 5
His pass pro technique needs work, but his ability to recover from a mistake is what impresses me. Slater, IMO, is a starting C at the NFL level. Which we certainly could use. I just have a feeling he will be overdrafted a bit due to his versatility.

His pass pro technique needs work, but his ability to recover from a mistake is what impresses me. Slater, IMO, is a starting C at the NFL level. Which we certainly could use. I just have a feeling he will be overdrafted a bit due to his versatility.

i mean who knows he might have cleaned it up had he played as a junior and I’m aware of that. After his first 3 steps in pass pro his feet get choppy or stop moving. The stop moving part bothers me.

slaters frame at 6 foot 3 305 if accurate probably is ear marked for the pivot

Last edited:
Probably not popular opinion, but several don't feel Sewell is the #1 OT in the draft. As mentioned above by Candolphin.

The fact that LZ agreed with him really caught my interest. He's about as good as it gets for evaluating OL.

I would be DIS-A-POINT-ED if we took Sewell at 3. Almost to the point of wishing Grier was terminated.

Id like to know where this micah parsons level upside and talent comes from?

I don’t see it.

The fact that LZ agreed with him really caught my interest. He's about as good as it gets for evaluating OL.
Sewell burst on to the scene as a sophomore and that cemented opinions on him. People expected him to continue to develop into this generational talent, but I wouldn't say that he continued to ascend as much as people believe. People tend to have a tough time changing their opinions or beliefs despite getting new information. He's obviously a great physical talent, but I'm not sure he's been the best OL in the country since that season. It's a reasonable position, that can be supported with film, that he may not be the best OL coming into this draft.

I think he is so highly regarded because of his mobility. It really is freakish for a man that size.

I love Slater's versatility. I think that's under-valued by fans. And if we're of the belief that NO did it the right way by focusing on the middle of the OL in front of Brees (and that Tua's play style is similar to Brees), then it's reasonable to believe that upgrading the OL at G and C would be more impactful than using #3 at OT.

Yes reach block he’s money pulls well also. But left tackle pass pro is premium

id probably take the bama kid last year who went to the browns over him cause his technique was so much cleaner despite being a similar athlete. Probably a better athlete even although sophomore tape is different than a year later junior and strides should be expected.

I like him better at right tackle than left anyway.

Back
Top Bottom