i hate jj more than wanny and heres why | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

i hate jj more than wanny and heres why

InMyChambers said:
wahhhhh wahhhhh wahhhhh.

jj did so much more for this franchise than wanny it's not even funny. who cares who he bashed, i want results. sure he didn't get to the pinnacle but he had family problems and inherited the twilight of marino's great career.

jj built the defense we had for the past 5-6 years. all wanny did was slowly make us worse and draft like crap. good riddance and here's to a new beginning.

He didn't so much bash Shula as much as he disrespected what Shula did for this franchise. Namely, making it the winningest franchise in the NFL along with the least penalized. Shula brought class and integrity to the Dolphins.
JJ tried to distance himself from Shula, but he went about it the wrong way. He made Shula feel unwelcome. You don't treat alumni that way.
Shula was part of the winning tradition and JJ should have built on that.

DonShula84 said:
I hated Jimmy also, I cant stand to even see him on TV. Any one who bashes Shula and treats Marino like trash gets no respect from me

Im going to have to agree JJ did those things and then he went out and told Wayne to hire Wanny 3 strikes your out.

jd13 said:
when jj came in he said we would be in the super bowl in 3 years...we didnt get close...he bashed shula as much as possible and forced him out as well...shula could have went 8-8, 9-7, 10-6 every year...he killed marinos career...he handcuffed the greatest passer of all time...he made sure he got a 1000 yard rusher his 1st year because kaj had so many carries...i will give him credit for drafting jt, zach, madison, surtain and gardener...but he also drafted john avery, yatil green and jj johnson...he got rid of irving fryar for fred barnett...he was great in dallas but totally underachieved in miami...then he conviced huizenga to hire wanny...and give him total control...so i blame jimmy just as much as wanny...and huizenga for listening to him...thats why we are in the mess that we are in...at least wayne hired saban...

ok, so let me get this straight....If I asked you to pick between JJ and Wanny to be the Phins head coach again, you are going to seriously tell me you would choose Wanny???

Predaphin said:
ok, so let me get this straight....If I asked you to pick between JJ and Wanny to be the Phins head coach again, you are going to seriously tell me you would choose Wanny???

The lesser of two evils...and I can't determine. :(

JimmyJohnson1 said:
Why are dolpfans still hating me ......Well Shula I still love as a coach but face it he left the Dolphins with over budget cap-space and got player like Steve No-Knee Eatman or Eric I play when I wanted to Green and don't forget his greatest pick up Mike I love doughnuts at ESPN Golic which left Miami in the hole for at least two years....The person who really hurted Marino career at the end was Shula. I gave you JT,Zach,Surtain, SamM,Darryl Garnder but Shula I give credit for TimBo and The Greatest Quarterback to play the game Marino but my worst move was getting my best friend Wanny in the organization...I'm sorry Dolpfans for that, but I had the defense and Shula had the offense hopefully Nick will finally have a balance team to work with. Don't hate !!!!!

I sorry for what I did by bringing Wanny in but I started a
tradition with having pets at the complex with buttercup...everyone love buttercup. Again stop the hate...I did the best with what was left let get behind Nick he the best now....And watch me on Fox!!!!!! How bout Dolphins!!!!!!

Jimmy took an old, slow team thast was in salary cap hell due to Don Shula's rampant mismanagment of the salary cap and did a decent job of rebuilding them on the fly.

Does ANYONE remember just how bad this team was when J.J. took over? They were coming off a playoff game in which they allowed about a billion yards rushing and got blown out. They were about to lose their three best defensive players because they had ZERO cap room.

I understand the anger at J.J. by some on this board but I disagree. I think he did a good job. Comparing him to Wanny is laughable.

And another thing...saying all of J.J.'s success came from the Vikings trade is a joke. Yes, he fleeced the Vikings but he still had to make the selections. The Rams got a boatload of picks for Eric Dickerson and did nothing with them.

I'd love to get into detail of J.J.'s draft success in Dallas and Miami but I don't have time to make a list that long.

JimmyJohnson1 said:
tradition with pets at the complex with buttercup...everyone love buttercup. Again stop the hate...I did the best with what was left let get behind Nick he the best now....And watch me on Fox!!!!!!

Reading this and your original post makes me want to either laugh or cry.. I haven't quite figured out which yet.

As for Johnson, I agree with the sediments most have echoed. I completely understand he wasn't going to want Shula looming over his shoulders however trying to completely alienate the man from the organization was horsecrap and bush league.

Thank you ......at least someone remember what I did in Miami you have to remember it took two years before the salary cap was fix and three before our team was able to complete back to the level since 1993 those years could had been better if Shula didn't go out on a spending spree with no-knee Eatman and I loves doughouts at ESPN Golic will were some 16mil over the cap and even with TimBo we couldn't stop anyone with the pass or run. Stop the hate let get behind Nick.....And watch me on Fox...not NASCAR but with groofy bald head guy.:yell:

JimmyJohnson1 said:
tradition with pets at the complex with buttercup...everyone love buttercup. Again stop the hate...I did the best with what was left let get behind Nick he the best now....And watch me on Fox!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :rofl3: :lol: :lol:

Predaphin said:

I mean JJ the race car driver...to those who are not NASCAR fans.....Shula was kick upstair to vice chairman of the board so he was still my boss:rofl3: but when you 17 mil over the cap tough decision had to be made and I basically started the team from scatch....so don't hate but appreciate and let get behind Nick who also loves buttercup!!!!:tongue:

jd13 said:
when jj came in he said we would be in the super bowl in 3 years...we didnt get close...he bashed shula as much as possible and forced him out as well...shula could have went 8-8, 9-7, 10-6 every year...he killed marinos career...he handcuffed the greatest passer of all time...he made sure he got a 1000 yard rusher his 1st year because kaj had so many carries...i will give him credit for drafting jt, zach, madison, surtain and gardener...but he also drafted john avery, yatil green and jj johnson...he got rid of irving fryar for fred barnett...he was great in dallas but totally underachieved in miami...then he conviced huizenga to hire wanny...and give him total control...so i blame jimmy just as much as wanny...and huizenga for listening to him...thats why we are in the mess that we are in...at least wayne hired saban...

Wow, I never considered all that.....................:lol: ...............:sleep:

JJ's only real legacy in Miami is the defense. And to be honest, the defense was nothing special. This is the defense that lost playoff games 38-0 and 62-7. Every time we needed to win a late season game, it seemed that the defense just folded.

And on the other side of the ball, JJ did nothing. I can't stick up for Wannstedt, because he was such a lousy coach. But, he was in a tough situation, because JJ left him with absolutely nothing on offense. Literally, the Dolphins didn't have 1 decent offensive player that JJ was responsible for.

Also, in JJ's first year, the Dolphins could afford to sign one of their big free agents. So, did he pick to resign Bryan Cox, Marco Coleman, or Troy Vincent? No, he picked Keith Sims, who everyone knew had become lazy.

JJ did a lousy job in Miami. He wasted a lot of high draft picks on guys like JJ Johnson, John Avery, Yatil Green, Ronnie Ward, Dorian Brew, etc. Like Wannstedt, he sucked.

jd13 said:

Well said JD...JJ caused it all......it was a period in time that most of us would like to forget....Hopefully Wayne learned from this experience and we now have someone who has all the tools to change the Fins future.

jd13 said:
bottom line is they both sucked...

DITTO!!

Neither one of them delivered, that's the bottom line. I just love when some Wannstedt lovers come out of the wood work and defend him NOW!! Truthfully speaking, we're past that. We're no in the Saban era, let's get over Wannstedt and Johnson!!:fire:

Back
Top Bottom