I hate Saban for dismantling this team, but… | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I hate Saban for dismantling this team, but…

I think it’s absurd to pay a high school kid that type of money before he earns it. I do think they should be compensated in some way but the money that is being thrown around is crazy. I think a lot of players will lose their drive to be successful if they are making millions and they didn’t even do anything yet. An 18 year old with millions isn’t going to bust is ass 24/7. He probably won’t even be responsible with the money. These are truly strange time

I think it’s absurd to pay a high school kid that type of money before he earns it. I do think they should be compensated in some way but the money that is being thrown around is crazy. I think a lot of players will lose their drive to be successful if they are making millions and they didn’t even do anything yet. An 18 year old with millions isn’t going to bust is ass 24/7. He probably won’t even be responsible with the money. These are truly strange time
If that’s true, The University of Southern North Dakota (at Hoople) .. which offers no NIL….should win the 2025 National Championship. Gooooooooo WARTHOGS!!!!

If that’s true, The University of Southern North Dakota (at Hoople) .. which offers no NIL….should win the 2025 National Championship. Gooooooooo WARTHOGS!!!!
I mean if you just graduated college and made a million, would you be focused on college and trying to prove you belong at the division 1 level? There will be a lot of guys that thought they already “made it” and won’t put in the necessary work. I’m sure some will and it will help a lot of families but as an 18 year old, you don’t even know if you can compete on that level. We are only 2 years into this so who knows

Saban’s the one who doesn’t deserve the money. He risks nothing.

No one should care.

19 year olds work. Some are more talented than others. Don’t hate on this particular part of capitalism.
I get your hate for Saban but Alabama was irrelevant before he arrived. He’s the greatest college coach of all time and that is indisputable. So yes, he’s worth the money because he’s proven that he deserves it

The issue is that players were not able to profit off their likeness in any form without violating NCAA rules while universities made millions off them. It made sense before the days of every conference having a TV station, streaming, etc. that players weren’t paid because the business was no where near as lucrative. Alabama made $33M in PROFITS from their football program last year. I’d rather money went to athletes than lining the pockets of the school board members and coaches.

If someone's willing to pay it, the kids are worth it. Capitalism.

The issue is that players were not able to profit off their likeness in any form without violating NCAA rules while universities made millions off them. It made sense before the days of every conference having a TV station, streaming, etc. that players weren’t paid because the business was no where near as lucrative. Alabama made $33M in PROFITS from their football program last year. I’d rather money went to athletes than lining the pockets of the school board members and coaches.
I get it. But at this rate the football program is going to lose money each year. Again, I’m not against compensating players but the numbers are a bit out of line. I wonder what the percentage is of 4 & 5 star recruits that make the nfl?

If someone's willing to pay it, the kids are worth it. Capitalism.
It’s not my money so I don’t care that much but are they really worth it? Some of these kids are making over a million dollars based off potential that was played against inferior competition. I heard Arch Manning got like $10 million. Some might be worth it, but most will not be worth it.

I get your hate for Saban but Alabama was irrelevant before he arrived. He’s the greatest college coach of all time and that is indisputable. So yes, he’s worth the money because he’s proven that he deserves it

And the kids who play get nothing? You know, the ones who’ve worked their tails off to get where they are.

Back
Top Bottom