I hate Saban for dismantling this team, but… | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I hate Saban for dismantling this team, but…

I mean if you just graduated college and made a million, would you be focused on college and trying to prove you belong at the division 1 level? There will be a lot of guys that thought they already “made it” and won’t put in the necessary work. I’m sure some will and it will help a lot of families but as an 18 year old, you don’t even know if you can compete on that level. We are only 2 years into this so who knows
By this logic, it will weed out the guys who won’t try once they get their first (or second larger) nfl contract.

I personally have no problem with NIL money. It’s market forces at work. Why should people be forced to work below their market value?

Who cares now, lol? Saban was in Miami nearly 2 decades ago, lol....We've had scam Cameron, Fireland, no Hickeys, Phailbin, Gase, Tannenbaum, Florez since....and were still whining about the Bama coach. Give it up and let it go

No I think the players should be compensated but the numbers are a little crazy. I don’t think these kids will “work their tails off” when they are already millionaires. It’s human nature
It will inevitably water down the quality of the players entering the NFL. Maybe every player on the team receives a full scholarship and has their housing/meals paid for, that's a generous sum of money right there and then individual players can receive payment for any outside endorsements they do. That way it's even for all from the team level and every school will be on equal ground. You're going to wind up with a handful of teams loaded with talent based on the school's ability to afford players. Buying a team will only allow a few teams to compete each year and it will wind up being the same teams every year. That's the reason the NFL has a cap, otherwise, the smaller market teams would never be able to compete. They're going to destroy college football...

By this logic, it will weed out the guys who won’t try once they get their first (or second larger) nfl contract.

I personally have no problem with NIL money. It’s market forces at work. Why should people be forced to work below their market value?
People who whine about NIL are un-American, imho! This is a country found on freedom and capitalism. Athletes have been used for decades as cash cows. The whole point of going to college is to get educated and to get hired or find a profession. Why are people in an uproar about student athletes making that money, especially when if they could do it they would.

Well Bear Bryant is no Nick Saban.

No matter how much Saban wins in the present he will never have the following that Bear had back in the day. The guy was a living legend. The whole state pretty much shutdown for his funeral. I lived in Alabama at the time and it was crazy.

When Saban goes there will be people that still piss on his grave because he was an arrogant ass and liar.

College football has become a joke. The same schools are gonna get the best players every year. The best quote I hear is “student athlete”.
Gimme a break, athlete yes.. student, not so much .
They are paid college players, and that is fine, but classes don’t really matter

College football has become a joke. The same schools are gonna get the best players every year. The best quote I hear is “student athlete”.
Gimme a break, athlete yes.. student, not so much .
They are paid college players, and that is fine, but classes don’t really matter
Spoken like a guy who was never an athlete, lol. They have to be students to make grades ffs!

Maybe the one and done in basketball that can be true but not so much for those who must stay in school longer than a year.

Spoken like a guy who was never an athlete, lol. They have to be students to make grades ffs!

Maybe the one and done in basketball that can be true but not so much for those who must stay in school longer than a year.
You're a smart guy brother, this I know, but do you really think there aren't other people taking tests for some of these players or handing in assignments on their behalf? When was the last time you saw a star player ineligible to play because he didn't meet the academic requirements? It never happens in the modern era, and to hear some of these players publicly speak, you wonder how they even graduated high school. It's all a farce, there's too much money at risk for the schools, and they all look the other way...

Saban worked and has earned his money..These clowns haven’t did **** and asking for more…put his girlfriend in law school?…really!!
The players have worked hard to earn they're money too/ Take the restrictions off and the free market will decide who is worth what. unles you hate America and capitalism...

People who whine about NIL are un-American, imho! This is a country found on freedom and capitalism. Athletes have been used for decades as cash cows. The whole point of going to college is to get educated and to get hired or find a profession. Why are people in an uproar about student athletes making that money, especially when if they could do it they would.
Imo it is a mixture of jealousy and hating change. Heavy on the jealousy.

“Why should an 18 year old who has proven nothing get millions??” Well, they proved to be a 5 star recruit already and teams are bidding on him. So he has proven something already.

Back
Top Bottom