I hate Saban for dismantling this team, but… | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I hate Saban for dismantling this team, but…

I get your hate for Saban but Alabama was irrelevant before he arrived. He’s the greatest college coach of all time and that is indisputable. So yes, he’s worth the money because he’s proven that he deserves it
I believe Bear Bryant was around before Saban. And some would say Bear was a pretty good coach. Unfortunately, the past is quickly forgotten.

No I think the players should be compensated but the numbers are a little crazy. I don’t think these kids will “work their tails off” when they are already millionaires. It’s human nature
Agree to disagree. College football has been the unofficial minor leagues for the NFL for years now, with NIL, it is even moreso. It is no different than MLB teams paying exorbitant signing bonuses to high school kids. It's the cost of doing business. Some guys take the money, don't put in the work, stay in the minors for 5 years, and get out. Others put in the work and make it to the big leagues.

Also, look at Deion Sanders. He has the nation’s top recruit the last two years because he has people with money behind him that want to make a name for themselves. I’m sure he will make Colorado relevant in the next 2-3 years and then move on to a major job. He may become a historically great head coach with the current NIL rules.

I believe Bear Bryant was around before Saban. And some would say Bear was a pretty good coach. Unfortunately, the past is quickly forgotten.
If somebody turns the Hurricanes into a dynasty contender again I wouldn't dismiss what they were doing just because of what the Hurricanes once were. They've been a joke for two decades now. It would be a heck of an accomplishment.

I think it’s absurd to pay a high school kid that type of money before he earns it. I do think they should be compensated in some way but the money that is being thrown around is crazy. I think a lot of players will lose their drive to be successful if they are making millions and they didn’t even do anything yet. An 18 year old with millions isn’t going to bust is ass 24/7. He probably won’t even be responsible with the money. These are truly strange time
Amen brother

It’s not my money so I don’t care that much but are they really worth it? Some of these kids are making over a million dollars based off potential that was played against inferior competition. I heard Arch Manning got like $10 million. Some might be worth it, but most will not be worth it.
Yes, they create hundreds of millions in revenue.

Yes, they create hundreds of millions in revenue.
Not every player does. Signing a dude out of high school where he is probably the only player that will make the next level is a risky gamble. I’m sure there will be a change in system in the next few years.

****ing asshole making 10+ million a year but is offended 2 guys might make 1.3 mil combined. **** that piece of ****.
Saban worked and has earned his money..These clowns haven’t did **** and asking for more…put his girlfriend in law school?…really!!

Last edited by a moderator:
"I think a couple of things are of concern," Saban said in August. "We allow alumni through collectives to get involved in recruiting and other things. That’s always something we’ve always guarded against in college football. I think what kind of competitive balance are we able to create if we allow that to happen, which is not going to be great for fans.
Uh huh, sure Nicky. I’m certain it’s your desire for “competitive balance” (not being annoyed that kids might opt for programs other than yours) that is what’s driving your stance here.
The best competitive balance you can have is like in the NFL. They have rules to create competitive balance. Whether it’s salary cap, difficulty of schedule, where you draft, where you pick relative to your won-loss record. Those things are important I think in the interest of creating a lot of good matchups on a national basis."

Sooooooo … Pining for the way NFL teams obtain players is GREAT! Until you’re the one who has to wait in line like everybody else, then it sucks and it’s time to bolt back to college.

Jesus-Christ-on-a-Stick, could you possibly be a larger hypocrite?!?

You do not understand how NIL is supposed work..Nick does..listen.if you aren’t a Georgia fan..they are the only fan base that can talk ****..The rest of you,with your peasant teams..that for years ..I keep hearing “we’re back!…halfway thru the season..Dud!..as every year..
Time for you boys to grow a pair and get over your jilted girlfriend syndrome about Saban…weak ass mofo’s…

Last edited by a moderator:
You dumbasses do not understand how NIL is supposed work..Nick does..listen.if you aren’t a Georgia fan..they are the only fan base that can talk ****..The rest of you,with your peasant teams..that for years ..I keep hearing “we’re back!…halfway thru the season..Dud!..as every year..
Time for you boys to grow a pair and get over your jilted girlfriend syndrome about Saban…weak ass mofo’s…
:lol:

A2295B59-C626-44ED-973F-65B574727E51.jpeg

I hated that Saban lied about taking the Alabama job and and he left the Dolphins to become the Alabama head coaching position.

Yet I have no idea how you come to the conclusion he dismantled the Dolphins. They weren’t a good team prior to him being hired and that is why he was hired in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom