I Hate The Friggin Patriots! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Hate The Friggin Patriots!

This post season Jack has a better pass rating then brady, more yards, 1 more td, same in int's. Davis even though missing almost an entire game has much more rushing yards then the pats leading rusher. Mushin and Smith are in the top 5 yards recieving, and both have 2 td grabs.

I already postd this in another thread on this board...but I'd seriously like to hear some real answers to the question of if the NFL is so biased towards the Pats...why? What does the league have to gain by this? Pats don't bring ratings across the country...what's the reason? I'd enjoy hearing some real theories as to why the NFL wants to see the Pats win.

First of all...so there's nothing hidden...I'm a Pats fan and have been since Sam Bam was diving over the pile for TD's back in the 70's...so take everything I have to say for what it's worth. I keep hearing about how the Pats are "lucky", "favored by the NFL", "not very talented", etc, etc. My question is what does the NFL hope to gain by forcing Pats success on the NFL world. Raiders equals ratings...so why would the NFL have its refs fabricate a new/phony rule to help the Pats...no matter how much Al and Tags hate each other. Yeah the tuck rule kinda sucks...but it's the rule and was called to the letter of the law...it burned the Pats against the Browns this year...the main difference being that we didn't bitch and moan and found a way to win. We don't have any big names...star players, right? The national media is all about star f'in...why would anyone want the Pats? There are no stories...no cocaine busts, no steroid suspensions, no patented TD dances, no personalites...what does the NFL possible have to gain? Wouldn't ratings have been better if all powerful Peyton Manning had made the Show? Call me naive, but I just don't understand it...where's the grassy knoll? What is the NFL getting out of this blatent favoritism?
As for the dynasty talk...I don't know of any Pats fans that are running around claiming we can play with the 80's 49ers, early '90's Cowboys, '70's Steelers. Times are different. Everyone has to play by the same rules now. You can't load up on superstars and keep them anymore...that's the nature of the game. What all NFL fans MUSt admit is that this current Pats franchise is possibly set up for the best run of the sal. cap/free agent era. Belichek and co. made a conscious decision to go after the best 1-48 players...not the best 3 or 4 superstars. Milloy is still a very good player...but is he worth $3.5 millionn or whatever when you can have Harrison for $1.6? You have to make those kind of decisions. I read an article today (forgot where) that said the Pats go for the B level players and coach the crap out of them instead of paying a select few A players at the expense of the rest of the roster. This ain't the NBA...the team with the most dominant player doesn't necessarily win. Perhaps many teams have better players 1 through 5 or whatever...but no one can make the argument that the Pats have more quality players and depth than anyone in the league. Combine that with a great coaching staff and philosophy, smart cap management (hello Lawyer), and a butt-load of draft picks...and you have the best team in the NFL. IF they win 2 Bowls in 3 years (Panthers are a good / solid team and I think this game will be close)...3 in 5 years...doesn't that put them in the discussion of some of the great teams? I'm not saying they're a better head to head team than some of the ones I mentioned...but you can't put together teams like that anymore...it just can't be done. "IF"...winning 2 of 3 Bowls in this era is a great accomplishment. Sorry so long...but I was getting a little sick of this crap.

Originally posted by gripgrap
I already postd this in another thread on this board...but I'd seriously like to hear some real answers to the question of if the NFL is so biased towards the Pats...why? What does the league have to gain by this? Pats don't bring ratings across the country...what's the reason? I'd enjoy hearing some real theories as to why the NFL wants to see the Pats win.

First of all...so there's nothing hidden...I'm a Pats fan and have been since Sam Bam was diving over the pile for TD's back in the 70's...so take everything I have to say for what it's worth. I keep hearing about how the Pats are "lucky", "favored by the NFL", "not very talented", etc, etc. My question is what does the NFL hope to gain by forcing Pats success on the NFL world. Raiders equals ratings...so why would the NFL have its refs fabricate a new/phony rule to help the Pats...no matter how much Al and Tags hate each other. Yeah the tuck rule kinda sucks...but it's the rule and was called to the letter of the law...it burned the Pats against the Browns this year...the main difference being that we didn't bitch and moan and found a way to win. We don't have any big names...star players, right? The national media is all about star f'in...why would anyone want the Pats? There are no stories...no cocaine busts, no steroid suspensions, no patented TD dances, no personalites...what does the NFL possible have to gain? Wouldn't ratings have been better if all powerful Peyton Manning had made the Show? Call me naive, but I just don't understand it...where's the grassy knoll? What is the NFL getting out of this blatent favoritism?
As for the dynasty talk...I don't know of any Pats fans that are running around claiming we can play with the 80's 49ers, early '90's Cowboys, '70's Steelers. Times are different. Everyone has to play by the same rules now. You can't load up on superstars and keep them anymore...that's the nature of the game. What all NFL fans MUSt admit is that this current Pats franchise is possibly set up for the best run of the sal. cap/free agent era. Belichek and co. made a conscious decision to go after the best 1-48 players...not the best 3 or 4 superstars. Milloy is still a very good player...but is he worth $3.5 millionn or whatever when you can have Harrison for $1.6? You have to make those kind of decisions. I read an article today (forgot where) that said the Pats go for the B level players and coach the crap out of them instead of paying a select few A players at the expense of the rest of the roster. This ain't the NBA...the team with the most dominant player doesn't necessarily win. Perhaps many teams have better players 1 through 5 or whatever...but no one can make the argument that the Pats have more quality players and depth than anyone in the league. Combine that with a great coaching staff and philosophy, smart cap management (hello Lawyer), and a butt-load of draft picks...and you have the best team in the NFL. IF they win 2 Bowls in 3 years (Panthers are a good / solid team and I think this game will be close)...3 in 5 years...doesn't that put them in the discussion of some of the great teams? I'm not saying they're a better head to head team than some of the ones I mentioned...but you can't put together teams like that anymore...it just can't be done. "IF"...winning 2 of 3 Bowls in this era is a great accomplishment. Sorry so long...but I was getting a little sick of this crap.
:rolleyes: red, white and blue. need i say more!

So...this goes far beyond the NFL offices in NYC...this goes to the highest levels of our gov't. It's all part of the great right wing conspiricy. You know...you may be right. Is there any way the Pats being in Houston for a game can help Bush and his cronies fill their oil coffers even more?
Wait...what about the Giants?? They wear the same colors...why didn't they get the memo? What about the Clippers?
Orange, blue, and white...the Dolphins should start a league in Holland...they would friggin' dominate
I remeber how I used to hate the friggin' Cowboys and blame the refs for never calling PI on Micheal Irvin....of course Emmit runs for 1,600 yards...you could drive a semi through the holes he gets, etc. Now, don't go nuts...this Patriots team isn't as powerful a team as those hated 'Boys...but I've just never been on this side of the bitterness equation with the Pats. 30 years of futility doesn't lead to hatred from others...sympathy maybe but not hatred. This bitterness is better than being ignored though.
Tune in to the Pro Bowl if all that matters is individual talent...the NFL is a TEAM sport...from the bottom to the top of the roster...Jason Taylor is a great individual talent...but you're better off with Seymour, Hamilton, and Vrabel for the price. That's the problem with most NFL rosters...no solid middle class. That Pats have a small upper class and the rest of the roster is solid/middle class players. Most NFL teams have a decent group of upper echelon, small qty of middle class, and they fill out the roster with guys who aren't ready to play if called upon. I understand the hatred though...if the Fish were closing in on their 2nd title in 3 years I wouldn't be happy either...but I acknowledge a great run when I see it...no matter how much I hate the team (hello Yankess, Lakers, Red Wings). Anyway...you guys have an entertaining board here...good for browsing.

So...this goes far beyond the NFL offices in NYC...this goes to the highest levels of our gov't. It's all part of the great right wing conspiricy. You know...you may be right. Is there any way the Pats being in Houston for a game can help Bush and his cronies fill their oil coffers even more?
Wait...what about the Giants?? They wear the same colors...why didn't they get the memo? What about the Clippers?
Orange, blue, and white...the Dolphins should start a league in Holland...they would friggin' dominate
I remeber how I used to hate the friggin' Cowboys and blame the refs for never calling PI on Micheal Irvin....of course Emmit runs for 1,600 yards...you could drive a semi through the holes he gets, etc. Now, don't go nuts...this Patriots team isn't as powerful a team as those hated 'Boys...but I've just never been on this side of the bitterness equation with the Pats. 30 years of futility doesn't lead to hatred from others...sympathy maybe but not hatred. This bitterness is better than being ignored though.
Tune in to the Pro Bowl if all that matters is individual talent...the NFL is a TEAM sport...from the bottom to the top of the roster...Jason Taylor is a great individual talent...but you're better off with Seymour, Hamilton, and Vrabel for the price. That's the problem with most NFL rosters...no solid middle class. That Pats have a small upper class and the rest of the roster is solid/middle class players. Most NFL teams have a decent group of upper echelon, small qty of middle class, and they fill out the roster with guys who aren't ready to play if called upon. I understand the hatred though...if the Fish were closing in on their 2nd title in 3 years I wouldn't be happy either...but I acknowledge a great run when I see it...no matter how much I hate the team (hello Yankess, Lakers, Red Wings). Anyway...you guys have an entertaining board here...good for browsing.
but the giants aren't called, "THE PATRIOTS"!

OH...I took the colors thing too literally...my bad. OK, I'll go with that premise. Why the hell did the Pats win absolutley nothing in the Reagan years (Well...we didn't win nothing...as I think you'll recall)...that was all about flag waving?! The Soviets = the Evil Empire, the Iran Hostage crises, Qadaffi's Line of Death...American Pie at its finest...where were my Pats dammit?!?!
I think Bush really miscalculated on this "preemptively force the Pats on America" philosophy...America hates the Patriots. They're beside themselves with anger and loathing. The nation holds their collective breathe hoping for a Panthers win (which could happen..they're a solid, smart team). A week ago the US was in the grips of a Peyton Manning lovefest unseen since Brittany Spears was "augmented". If the Pats win next Sunday...I say it all backfires and Kerry is our next President...that'll teach Dubya.
Look...you guys had your run in the 70's...it's our time now...eventually everyone gets their run...except maybe the Bills...talk about bad timing.

OH...I took the colors thing too literally...my bad. OK, I'll go with that premise. Why the hell did the Pats win absolutley nothing in the Reagan years (Well...we didn't win nothing...as I think you'll recall)...that was all about flag waving?! The Soviets = the Evil Empire, the Iran Hostage crises, Qadaffi's Line of Death...American Pie at its finest...where were my Pats dammit?!?!
I think Bush really miscalculated on this "preemptively force the Pats on America" philosophy...America hates the Patriots. They're beside themselves with anger and loathing. The nation holds their collective breathe hoping for a Panthers win (which could happen..they're a solid, smart team). A week ago the US was in the grips of a Peyton Manning lovefest unseen since Brittany Spears was "augmented". If the Pats win next Sunday...I say it all backfires and Kerry is our next President...that'll teach Dubya.
Look...you guys had your run in the 70's...it's our time now...eventually everyone gets their run...except maybe the Bills...talk about bad timing.
i was only kidding, but i do know opposing defensive coaches and OC"s seem to have a brain freeze when they play the patsies. how else can you explain the colts miserable offense in the redzone! noway should james have been run in the middle 3 times in 4 downs!:rolleyes:

I assumed you were messing around...that's why I played along. If I thought you were serious...I might have alerted your local mental health provider. The Colts are the perfect example of the "superstar" syndrome that is running rampent in the NFL. Things come so easy at times for the Colts O that they don't plan for things going otherwise. The pats (along with a lot of NFL teams) are tough to throw against down in the red zone...so when this aspect is stopped or at least slowed down...the coaches don't have anything solid to fall back on. Running James up the midle on 4 straight plays was the Colts saying, "OK...you're all over the pass here, but Edgerrin is a great talent and we don't think you can stop him and Manning". Coaches need to wake up...talent levels are so close these days in the NFL that preparation, smarts, and toughness are more important than just talent. Maybe James and Manning are better talents than their Pats counterparts...but when you can't afford to pay the trench warriors...you're not going to win.
The Dolphins coaches need to learn this lesson also. Ricky Williams is obviously a talented, tough back...but no one is so talented that a few good defensive players can't beat one great and several iffy offensive players. Does that make sense? Coaching and depth are what seperates the Pats...and they shouldn't be downgraded for that. You think the Bucs suddenly don't have talent, 'cause they went 5-11 or whatever? The Pats have enough talent...but so does every NFL team. Depth baby...be solid at every position, no huge/glaring weaknesses, back ups that are prepared and talented enough that there isn't a huge drop off in effectiveness. That's why you can get away with releasing a still productive Lawyer Milloy...why pay him $4 million, when you can have Harrison for half. Of the Fish cut Surtain...do they have a Harrison already in place? It's never been more important in the NFL to be well coached/managed...the talent is too equal league wide (even the Lions have talent...you know)?
If I was a Fish fan I'd hate the Pats too...if they can do it why can't we? A handful of superstar players doesn't cut it anymore (hello Dan Snyder).

I assumed you were messing around...that's why I played along. If I thought you were serious...I might have alerted your local mental health provider. The Colts are the perfect example of the "superstar" syndrome that is running rampent in the NFL. Things come so easy at times for the Colts O that they don't plan for things going otherwise. The pats (along with a lot of NFL teams) are tough to throw against down in the red zone...so when this aspect is stopped or at least slowed down...the coaches don't have anything solid to fall back on. Running James up the midle on 4 straight plays was the Colts saying, "OK...you're all over the pass here, but Edgerrin is a great talent and we don't think you can stop him and Manning". Coaches need to wake up...talent levels are so close these days in the NFL that preparation, smarts, and toughness are more important than just talent. Maybe James and Manning are better talents than their Pats counterparts...but when you can't afford to pay the trench warriors...you're not going to win.
The Dolphins coaches need to learn this lesson also. Ricky Williams is obviously a talented, tough back...but no one is so talented that a few good defensive players can't beat one great and several iffy offensive players. Does that make sense? Coaching and depth are what seperates the Pats...and they shouldn't be downgraded for that. You think the Bucs suddenly don't have talent, 'cause they went 5-11 or whatever? The Pats have enough talent...but so does every NFL team. Depth baby...be solid at every position, no huge/glaring weaknesses, back ups that are prepared and talented enough that there isn't a huge drop off in effectiveness. That's why you can get away with releasing a still productive Lawyer Milloy...why pay him $4 million, when you can have Harrison for half. Of the Fish cut Surtain...do they have a Harrison already in place? It's never been more important in the NFL to be well coached/managed...the talent is too equal league wide (even the Lions have talent...you know)?
If I was a Fish fan I'd hate the Pats too...if they can do it why can't we? A handful of superstar players doesn't cut it anymore (hello Dan Snyder).
i may be missing something but i don't see the pats as being that good. as bad as the fins played at times this year, they had a shot at winning both games.
how many times did vinetieri hit the upright and the ball went thru. heck in the dolphins game he hit both uprights on the same kick and it still went thru. how can you beat that kinda luck?

OK...how many games in a row would the Pats have to win...or...by what margin would they need to win for you to admit they're a very good team. Not the 49ers of the 80's, not the Steelers of the 70's, not the early 90's Cowboys...not even the early 90's Bills...but a very good team with mental and physical toughness that knows how to win close games (i.e. don't make mistkes, don't take uneccesary chances, do your job...don't try to make the unbelievable play every down). If this were the Saints we were talking about instead of the Pats...would you have this same feeling? Is it because it's a hated rival? That I understand...but I don't think anyone can really believe that a team can luck their way into 14 straight wins against "far superior" competition. Yeah...the Fish did have chances to win both games...as did the Jets...as did the Titans...as did the Colts... but none of them made the crucial plays at the crucial times. People miss field goals on bad footing, field goals get blocked...it's part of the game. These aren't miracles. Being a great football player and team isn't just how fast you are, how high you can jump, how hard you can hit, etc...the truly great players and teams had/have players who were mentally tough and strong...always found ways to win...even when not playing all that well. Brady, Troy Brown, Matt Light, Joe Andruzzi, Seymour, Hamilton, Bruschi, Phipher, Harrison, and Law have this quality...and they have great / forward thinking coaches. The Fish have some of these intangible players too (Surtain, Chambers, Zack Thomas, Marion)...they just don't have enough of these guys where talent and mental toughness meet. I think you're looking at the wrong things if all you see is that the Dolphins have as many if not more "superstars" than the Pats and therefore the Pats winning is controlled by some power beyond anyone's control. The Immaculate Reception, the Holy Roller, the Hook and Lateral, The Hail Mary, the Catch, the Drive...these all included large measures of luck...but these things always seem to happen to winners...know what I mean?
My spelling is an affront to human kind so I'm gonna call it a day...good communicating with you though...always cool to see how the other half thinks.

OK...how many games in a row would the Pats have to win...or...by what margin would they need to win for you to admit they're a very good team. Not the 49ers of the 80's, not the Steelers of the 70's, not the early 90's Cowboys...not even the early 90's Bills...but a very good team with mental and physical toughness that knows how to win close games (i.e. don't make mistkes, don't take uneccesary chances, do your job...don't try to make the unbelievable play every down). If this were the Saints we were talking about instead of the Pats...would you have this same feeling? Is it because it's a hated rival? That I understand...but I don't think anyone can really believe that a team can luck their way into 14 straight wins against "far superior" competition. Yeah...the Fish did have chances to win both games...as did the Jets...as did the Titans...as did the Colts... but none of them made the crucial plays at the crucial times. People miss field goals on bad footing, field goals get blocked...it's part of the game. These aren't miracles. Being a great football player and team isn't just how fast you are, how high you can jump, how hard you can hit, etc...the truly great players and teams had/have players who were mentally tough and strong...always found ways to win...even when not playing all that well. Brady, Troy Brown, Matt Light, Joe Andruzzi, Seymour, Hamilton, Bruschi, Phipher, Harrison, and Law have this quality...and they have great / forward thinking coaches. The Fish have some of these intangible players too (Surtain, Chambers, Zack Thomas, Marion)...they just don't have enough of these guys where talent and mental toughness meet. I think you're looking at the wrong things if all you see is that the Dolphins have as many if not more "superstars" than the Pats and therefore the Pats winning is controlled by some power beyond anyone's control. The Immaculate Reception, the Holy Roller, the Hook and Lateral, The Hail Mary, the Catch, the Drive...these all included large measures of luck...but these things always seem to happen to winners...know what I mean?
My spelling is an affront to human kind so I'm gonna call it a day...good communicating with you though...always cool to see how the other half thinks.
they would have to have ice cream parlors in hell first!;)

That's what I thought you'd say. By the way...I spent about 10 years of my life in the thriving metropolis of Hemet...where a trip to Riverside (the Castle, malls, etc) was living the high life. I lived in San Diego too...I ask myself every morning why the hell I left SD.

That's what I thought you'd say. By the way...I spent about 10 years of my life in the thriving metropolis of Hemet...where a trip to Riverside (the Castle, malls, etc) was living the high life. I lived in San Diego too...I ask myself every morning why the hell I left SD.
you left for the same reason i bought property in arkansas, there's too many people and your neighbor being your best friend is in the past!

There must be something to the officiating because I have never heard so much from the press about officiating before. They may not be actually favoring the Pats but they are calling a game that is favorable to their style of play. I'm a big Celtic fan since I was a kid. I go back to Hondo, JoJo, Chaney, Silas, Nelson, Seminole alumni Cowens and a few bench warmers like Finkel. I didn't just start pulling for the Celts when they got Bird. I love the Celts but I'm not stupid either when I know the refs called games that favored their style of play for many years. They allowed physical play. It happens all the time.

NE may beat the cats tomorrow. If the refs call the game as they have this season they will win. If they call holding 3-4 times on the pats they will lose.

Originally posted by Unclemeat
There must be something to the officiating because I have never heard so much from the press about officiating before. They may not be actually favoring the Pats but they are calling a game that is favorable to their style of play. I'm a big Celtic fan since I was a kid. I go back to Hondo, JoJo, Chaney, Silas, Nelson, Seminole alumni Cowens and a few bench warmers like Finkel. I didn't just start pulling for the Celts when they got Bird. I love the Celts but I'm not stupid either when I know the refs called games that favored their style of play for many years. They allowed physical play. It happens all the time.

NE may beat the cats tomorrow. If the refs call the game as they have this season they will win. If they call holding 3-4 times on the pats they will lose.
well, look at it this way. if you put money on the pats, you lost it!;)

Back
Top Bottom