I hate to do this... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I hate to do this...

Hasn't the arguement been, that it is a team sport? So the D won that one. You show me that game I'll bring tape from when jay beat Fluffalo. What's your point?
One game does not a QB make.

i donty get the jets fans, they dis our quaterback like if they had marino or elway in their backfield...Its true Jay isnt a great QB (he'll have a great season if u ask me) but I know one thing he is wayyy better than VINNY... SO jets fans can dis other dolphins, but not jay coz their qb sucks alot more than JAY!!!

jay didnt beat buffalo chambers did those 3 tds passes were awful its amazing chambers caught them

dolphinators, who threw those passes? Not only do you make up fake statistics about him, you don't give him credit where he clearly earned it. At least give him that much.

Dajesus, I agree that Jays performance during that Colts game was inexcusable, but every QB has a bad game or 2 during the season. I think Peyton Manning had somewhere around 3 bad games. What matters is despite that game, Jay finished the season with more TDs than INTs, and with a Qb rating in the low eighties. That means he performed well the rest of the season. Just watch the last Pats game, Jay had an awesome game. That game belonged to the Fins, if Weaver and Smith didn't fumble those balls, that would have been a victory.

Originally posted by Dozerdog
Fiedler is a servicable QB, like Van Pelt, Trent Green, Jim Miller ect... You can get to the Super Bowl with a Serviceable QB if everything else clicks perferctly.

But the $25 million question is, Is he worth $5 Mill a year?

Jay has a back loaded contract that is basically a 2 year deal in which he makes 1.66 mil in 2002 - it's gone over here...again and again...again and again...again and again...again and again...

Originally posted by Jets_Rule
To be honest only 1 int was Jay fault. That was the one Aaron Glenn run all the way back.
The one that Jay hit McDrops in the face mask was Jay's fault. Maybe in Pee Wees WRs can get away with that, but in the NFL they are supposed to catch it.

Jay is by no means consistent but neither was the entire team; and the running game sucked for 3/4 of the year. Give Jay RW and a running game and let's see :D

Jay is nothing more then a mediocre QB. He is a second stringer and should have never been our starting QB. Unfortunately we'll probably have to live with him this year and next year as our QB.

WEAK POST DOLFAN

Originally posted by Dajesus
I hate to start a Jay Feidler thread, but I feal i must. I just got done rewatching the first Dolphin-Colt game of last season, and I must say that we won that game in spite of Jay. Granted it was the 8th game of the season and I am sure he has gotten a little better, but if you watch that game it is hard to feel good about this comming season. I hate when Feidler bashers don't back up anything they say so let me throw a few examples out. In the first half he threw what may have been the worst int I have seen out of him. He had a little bit of preasure, and panicked and threw the ball right at an indy LB, no dolphin in sight. After a colt TD he did come back and throw probably his best pass off the season to a surging Chambers for a 73 yard td. That was the last good pass he made all game. He threw another int, the pass was to a wr that was blanketed, and the CB made a nice play. He later made another horrible pass out of his endzone that should have been picked, but Brashir isn't that good. In between thoose picks Jay misfired on what could have been 3td passes. On two of them he overthrew a wide open wr that had gotten past the safetys. The thrid was the worst, it was screen pass to Chambers about 7 yards away, and he threw it a yard outside and behind him. Even when he completed a pass it looked bad. There were 2 times that Mcknight made awesome catches that were thrown behind him. Both passes looked as though he was trying to get Mcknight hurt. Thankfully our d saved us with 3 turnovers late, but we still would have lost if Indy didn't forget to cover Chambers on the last TD. I like to stay optimistic, and I have been telling myself Jay will have a great year, but after watching that game I now can see where the irate Feidler bashers are comming from.

Hey.......did Manning have any bad games last year? How about Warner? Do they both suck? Can they "WIN?"

Fiedler is no superstar, but he did lead us to the Playoffs for the second straight season, and pass for over 3,000 yards, and he did lead the ENTIRE NFL IN 4th Quarter comebacks!

Basing your "opinion" on one game is a waste of board space.

scrappy,you're next in ignoreville......at least that way I'll know which names to drag through the mud when Jay makes you all eat your words....say hi to dolphinhaters13

This sure sounds familiar......

Originally posted by Scrap Iron
Jay is nothing more then a mediocre QB. He is a second stringer and should have never been our starting QB. Unfortunately we'll probably have to live with him this year and next year as our QB.

Tell me Dolfan.....What do you think of The Fins Head coach and his college staff in terms of their player evaluation?

LOL

Originally posted by inFINSible
scrappy,you're next in ignoreville......at least that way I'll know which names to drag through the mud when Jay makes you all eat your words....say hi to dolphinhaters13

I wonder why people arent using there usual handles on this board? I bet you see that too huh!

Take a look at the other indy game last year ..we look lke world a*s kickers.. everyone has a few bad games ...take a look at what marino did with no running game or decent recievers his last year...Jay will win more than he loses and thats the bottom line boys!

I keep hearing in this post about Jays Indy game and the INT to McKnight against the jets...

1. Glenn has picked off Marino and taken it all the way more than once

2. All QB's...even the GREAT ones have bad(make that VERY bad)games. For example Marinos last game in Dallas on Thanksgiving day 0 TDs 5 Ints. Jax game:(

3. Our offense should be more run oriented this year with a tank in our backfield, which will help with the play action passing game. Jay will have a better year this year and he does have the skills to take us to a SB

So until the season starts...Can we PLEASE stop with the Feidler bashing. If he screws up this year...then bash away, he will have no more excuses. But until then...Enough is enough
:fire:

if you're a dolphin fan, like him or not, you gotta back him! he's our QB. there were many a year the dolphins didn't go 11-5 with the "great one" at QB, and jay , not by himself, is 2 for 2!

Back
Top Bottom