I hate to do this... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I hate to do this...

Here we go again. I thought the "in spite" crap had died.

Hey Dajesus. I've watched that game a million times (last night in fact). It wasn't Jay's best game, no. But it wasn't as horrible as it's being made out to be. Jay could have easily gone over 300 yds with throws that missed the mark and some drops. It also didn't help when Chan pulled him out at the goalline for the great "Ray Lucas Package".

Jay's stat line for that Colt game - 17/29...259 yds...2 TDs...2 INTs. Not TOO bad, but certainly could have been much better. He struggled a bit.

But if you want to do the "in spite" thing.....then lets be fair.

We beat the Colts in spite of our defense giving up 27 points.

We beat the Colts in spite of our poor offensive line play (again).

We beat the Colts in spite of our inability to run the football (again). Aside from Minor's 56-yarder outside, we finished with 78 yds on the other 27 carries (2.9 ypc)

It's a TEAM GAME!!

I'm just sick and tired of beating this thing to death. But I can't sit by and watch an anti-Dolphin thread, started by a Dolfan and dominated by sub-human Jet and Bills fans, exist without chiming in.

Well, interceptions are interceptions. No matter for what reason or who's fault it would be. It'd be nice if we could tell the ref's "oops, I didn't mean to throw that. Can I get a do-over?" But the NFL frowns upon that.

So when people want to pull their heads out of their butts, they can get the REAL stats on which QB did what at this link
http://www.nfl.com/stats/lpydsNFL.htm
It's good, you can filter it by many stats. Thanks guys.

Also, you mention how we would have lost if Chambers was covered on the play. Well, the fact is that James McKnight was also wide open on the play over the middle. Jay had his choice, and he chose Chambers.

Dolhin-bator, can you please just stop posting on this site. Your ignorance and lack of insight is pathetic, and you appear to have nothing more intellectual to say than, "Jay sucks, blah, blah, blah." Please, please, please, just go away and post back on the Jets, Raiders, or Bills sites, since I'm pretty sure you have no loyalty to the 'Fins whatsoever and are likely a fan of one of those other equally pathetic teams.

Get a life bro.

:lol: I'm not to worried about having my name dragged through the mud. Fiedler will never do anything spectacular to make anyone eat their words. He is just an average QB and nothing more. Some of you people can't accept that and seem to want to make Jay into some kind of God or something. Jay plays good against bad teams but then has a tendency to choke against the better teams, hence his 2-6 record vs. playoff teams.

It's real simple. Those who bash Jay will just not be around if he does well. There won't be a basher in sight if Jay goes 15-25, 289 yards, 1 TD and 0 INT's that first game.

In fact we could go most of the season and not hear a word out of them, but just wait until Jay has a bad game, and BAMMO..they will come crawling out of the woodwork.

It's real fun to sit here and play Pro Scout...but the fact is, Scrap Iron, or KB21, or Dolphinator13 won't have the balls to show up on this board if Jay does well, so why argue with them now?

I seriously have put them on "ignore".......the first ones ever put there........if they are this stubborn/stupid about this subject, i don't think they are going to say anything else that I'll regret missing.....

What!!!

That is a real crappy example if you say Jay sucked and lost that game for us!!!! I didn't say Jay giving up a 17 point lead!! Our defense did!! DA

I don't care who puts me on ignore. If you do it's because you can't face the truth that Jay Fiedler will be our undoing. He will be THE player who drags our team down. I don't despise Jay Fiedler, it's just that I think we need to find someone better to be our starter because Jay is mediocre. Jay is fine for second string or third string but he is not who you should want as our starting QB. We as fans deserve better and the Miami Dolphins organization deserves better then to have Jay behind center.:toliet: :toliet:

Originally posted by Expo88
Dolhin-bator, can you please just stop posting on this site. Your ignorance and lack of insight is pathetic, and you appear to have nothing more intellectual to say than, "Jay sucks, blah, blah, blah." Please, please, please, just go away and post back on the Jets, Raiders, or Bills sites, since I'm pretty sure you have no loyalty to the 'Fins whatsoever and are likely a fan of one of those other equally pathetic teams.

Get a life bro.

I really needed to qoute many posts but oh well i will respond to the one i didn't qoute as well.

1. Expo-isn't this just an example of what you are telling him not to do? As far as your response to my post, I wasn't being negative, I was being honest. To be able to get better you have to acknowledge your weakness. I am not the type of fan that thinks just because i like a team they are perfect.

2.Muck-I didn't watch the game to bash Jay(actully it was to bash Chan.) The reason i said anything is because I remembered this as a good game for Jay, and his stats could fool you in to that beleaf. People tend to have short memories and rely on stats to much. Most people would look at 200+yards and 2 tds and say wow, but if you look at this game his performance was god awful. I am aware that everyone has a bad day, but thats why i didn't pick the Rams, 49ers, or either Jet games to rewatch(not saying that Jay was the only reason we lost those games.) I wish i had saved the rest of my game tapes so i could go back and look at a few of his later games.
You also mentioned that the defense allowed 27 points so we won in spight of that

I prematurely posted.

You also mentioned that we won in spight of our defense allowing 24 points. This comment would make me think you are lying and didn't rewatch the game. The fact was the our offense-special teams were more responsable for 17 of those points. Jay's first int was caught on our 25 yard line then advanced a few yards. The 2nd int was picked at the indy 46 then advanced to our 48, luckily our d stopped them here. Then Ogden fumbled on his own 39 and the colts recoverd, and took it in for a td on the next play. There was also a 17 yard qb sack that lead to Indy having great feild postion. A 55 yard kickoff return that set indy up for a TD. Everytime Indy got possesion of the ball in the first half it was on our side of the feild, I say kudos to the d for only allowing 27 points.

I really hate to do this

after watching that game I now can see where the irate Feidler bashers are comming from.

Exactly! Fiedler bashers are totally justified. Just look at Jay's numbers. It's easy to predict what the future will be...

998 att. 620 rec. 6530 yds 37 td's 39 INT's QB Rating 77.1

You would think after 1000 pass attempts that fans have seen enough! Way too many INT's! Get him out of there!

Ooops. Sorry folks, I messed up. Those aren't Fiedlers numbers. Those be Brett Farves stats for his first 998 NFL passes. My bad. I guess it was just a matter of time till O'l Brett started putting up good numbers. Hmmm. Maybe, experience actually is a factor in the development of an NFL QB. No, Jay doesn't have 1000 pass attempts yet. But w/ a rating of 77.7 he is on the same track as many other respected QB's.

I seem to remember Norv Turner mentioning something about it taking 30 games to get a QB up to speed in the NFL. But what does Norv know? By the way, we got Ricky Williams.

Back
Top Bottom