I hate to do this... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I hate to do this...

Interesting PhinstiGator, I wasn't aware that Favre was that "average" during his first 1000 passing attempts. Go ahead and make as many outstandings points as you want though, Dolphinators will still keep bringing up the "can't beat playoff teams" garbage, and the other Fiedler bashers will refuse to acknowledge your post. Good job though.

Originally posted by BMarion31
Interesting PhinstiGator, I wasn't aware that Favre was that "average" during his first 1000 passing attempts. Go ahead and make as many outstandings points as you want though, Dolphinators will still keep bringing uo the "can't beat playoff teams" garbage, and the other Fiedler bashers will refuse to acknowledge your post. Goof job though.

Goof job had to be a froidiant slip. He is comparing a 23(age of first start) year old qb to a 27 year old. Regardles I refuse to have the same convo that this guy started 4 months ago. I am just saying I started reading the stats and thinking maybe these guys are right, and Jay will improve greatly this season. After reminding myself of how Jay really played last year, I will just say I am scepticle, but hope for the best.

Then again, we also know that Jay is not going to be another Brett Favre. We do know that Jay can be much better with more experience.

Dajesus, I really think you need to watch the second half of the season from last year. Also burn the 9ers tape, as it was simply a terrible game by everyone...D, Special Teams, QB. everyone.

Jay improved a lot, and you can also look to the Ravens playoff game to see that Jay learned to play under control, and also played well enough to win had it not been for our pathetic defense.

Guys, don't worry about the offense, worry about the defense. If we can't stop the run (like last season) it won't matter who is under center.

By the way.....

Originally posted by Dajesus

Goof job had to be a froidiant slip. He is comparing a 23(age of first start) year old qb to a 27 year old. Regardles I refuse to have the same convo that this guy started 4 months ago. I am just saying I started reading the stats and thinking maybe these guys are right, and Jay will improve greatly this season. After reminding myself of how Jay really played last year, I will just say I am scepticle, but hope for the best.

BTW - How many other starting NFL Qb's can say they have never finished worse than 11-5?

Originally posted by Dajesus

Goof job had to be a froidiant slip. He is comparing a 23(age of first start) year old qb to a 27 year old.

Yup but what would have happened if Green Bay listened to the fans after that and pulled Farve for someone else. Green Bay would have missed a hell of a decade of football. Fielder will never be a Farve but at the same time he isn't bad. He's an average QB.

Amazing how these same Jay haters can freak out constantly about having only an average NFL QB, but don't mind having an average linebacker in Rodgers, an average OL and below average TE's. Far more of a concern to me.

As far as the Jay haters go. Oh well. They want to live their lives as "tools" then let them be. They will disappear off these boards when their 'predictions' bite them in the rear. Heck one of these dolphin haters admits to wanting to bring in WR Westbrook lmao

Good Point VolDolphan.......and...

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

Yup but what would have happened if Green Bay listened to the fans after that and pulled Farve for someone else. Green Bay would have missed a hell of a decade of football. Fielder will never be a Farve but at the same time he isn't bad. He's an average QB.

Amazing how these same Jay haters can freak out constantly about having only an average NFL QB, but don't mind having an average linebacker in Rodgers, an average OL and below average TE's. Far more of a concern to me.

As far as the Jay haters go. Oh well. They want to live their lives as "tools" then let them be. They will disappear off these boards when their 'predictions' bite them in the rear. Heck one of these dolphin haters admits to wanting to bring in WR Westbrook lmao

Farve is one of the Best ever...nobody disputes that. I liken Fiedler to Rich Gannon more so than any other QB in the league. They play in a similiar style and Gannon also has been a later bloomer, just like Jay MIGHT prove to be. In this day and age in the NFL, it doesn't shock me that Fiedler could be better at 30 or 34 for that matter than he was at 27. The position he plays is one which really benefits from wisdom and experience.

Yeah, but Rich didn't start being real good (or at least a fair chance to prove himself) until he was about 33-34. He has similar skills to Jay (Except Jay is a better/harder runner) and Jay started being good last year at 29 years old. He will get better.

Experience is the key

He is comparing a 23(age of first start) year old qb to a 27 year old.

Of course, the only reason I used Farve as a comparison was to emphasize the value of experience --No one questions his talent. And I might add that in no way shape or form is age a substitute for experience. I can't understand the logic in saying that because a QB is older that it magically gives him more NFL pass attempts at NFL speed (holding a clip board does not equal NFL experience).

Anyway, I could have very easily used Manning, Aikman, Gannon, or Elway as an example. The list is endless. Very few QB's excel in the NFL right out the box. In fact, I can only think of a rare handful.

But the fact that Fiedler is doing just as good as Farve w/ the same experience (NFL Pass Attempts) should provoke fans to analize the QB play in the proper context.

C'mon, did Elway light it up in his first 3 years? No one questions his talent. But his numbers.... 1,244 att. 664 com 47 td's 52 INT's QB Rating 69 ...they speak to the value of experience or lack thereof.

The important factors to watch for as the QB gains experience is....is he getting better? Is he getting it? Are the proverbial light bulbs coming on in his head? Is his performance on an uptrend or a downward spiral? (see Heath Shuler) Is he learning from his mistakes?

Fiedler is far from great. But to conclude that he cannot become an above average QB at this stage of the game is just plain boring pessimism (A tendency to stress the negative or unfavorable or to take the gloomiest possible view).

I've been trying to help ya out Dolfan984, I guess since school is out and I have more free time, I can be a it more vocal about it.

I am usually one the that bashes Feidler bashers, but he was real bad in that game. I need to watch a tape of a later game, but all i have left is the first 3 games and the Colts. I would like to rewatch the Pats game in Foxboro, if anyone wants to help me out.

Back
Top Bottom