I hate to say this ... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I hate to say this ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

People Person

Practice Squad
Reaction score
But the Bills defense has me a little concerned this season. I really do believe that with the additions of Sam Adams and Takeo Spikes they will be very hard to run on. I mean really, Ricky had two great games against them last year but it wont be the same this year. I know this is not the best place to post this because of all the Bills fans that are on this board but I just cant argue with the facts.

Forget New England and the Jets, we have to get by Buffalo to have any shot this year and its gonna be tough. Hey, I am just a realist here. We all like to say how much Buffalo sucks but that defense is shaping up to be a force to be reckoned with.

Trust me Bills fans .. it KILLS me to admit this but hey, I have to give your management credit. I am just glad you only have 1 receiver this year because that is going to be your weak link that we can take advantage of. And of course Henry's fumbles !!

:cool:

I agree that the Bills should be tough.
They greatly improved with Adams and Spikes.
However the big thing missing is a pass rusher.
As much as Clement and Winfield are good they can't cover all day.The Bills are going to have to be very creative to try to get some pressure on the QB or else their D will be picked apart.Look at all the last SB champions: They constantly put pressure on the QB. I see safety as a big question mark as well.

Spikes was a huge improvement. That guy could be one of the best next year.

Sam Adams can either be a fat ass, a decent pick up or finally become the moster he was drafted to be.

Myself, I am hoping for fat ass.

what facts cant you argue with. Neither has played a down of football in Buffalo. Ricky got 100 yds vs. the Raiders with Sam Adams, and everbody got 100yds vs. the Bengals with Spikes. Settle down, you undercover buffalo buster!

I have to agree with that. Just beacuse a team adds to great players to a defense does not automatically make the defense great. We will have to see how well they do when the season starts.

there was no one stopping RW at the end of last year and if Spikes and Adams provide a major improvement for the Bills, then RW will only run for 150 instead of 200 :D

How many yards did Ricky have last year........who cares about the Bills, they suck. Will be in last place in the Division.

Teams where Sam Adams played always had a good run defense, so we have to be a little concern about that.

But in the 2 games we played against the Bills we didn't have an air attack at all, so as much as the Bills have gained against the run, we have gained it (back) in the air.

Hopefully we will feature a more balance attack this year.

I'm sure the Bills DID take a solid step forward on Defense. The question is, does that balance out the step backwards they took on offense? They're a much more balanced team this year, but I think that's as much a result of the offense taking a step back as the Defense taking a step forward.

Spikes is overrated. The reason he did so well in Cincinatti is because there was no one else around him to help him, letting him have all the tackles.

Ricky dominated Sam Adams in the OAK game, and can probably dominate Spikes too.

I have felt for years that Sam Adams is overrated, out of shape, and frequently takes plays off. That being said he is still an upgrade over last year's Bills. Takeo is an excellent LB.

So, I expect the Bills D to be improved to a middle of the road defense from a very poor defense.

Should this scare the Fins? No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom