I hate to say this ... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I hate to say this ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam Adams has already shown up to Bills camp seriously over-weight and he's pulling yet another temper tantrum in his own way (if you don't wanna pay me what i want, i dont wanna watch my diet).

I don't really think he's a difference maker on the defensive line anymore. The guy gets to suckin wind and he cant stay in the game. You gotta wonder why this guy is being tossed around the league without being locked down in one particular place with a decent contract. Every year its the same thing, he wants big money and the only contract a team is willing to offer is an incentive-based contract. Things haven't changed on this occasion. The Raiders said goodbye to him after one season and I'm sure the Bills will do the same next year. Next year Sammy can join Grady Jackson on the "where are they now" list.

The only thing that scares me about Buffalo's D including their corners who don't scare me that much, are Takeo and London together in the LBer corp and I think Jeff Posey's pretty good too. But these guys are gonna get beat up IMO and victimized in pass coverage because they are going to have to blitz their linebackers a lot to make up for the fact that they can't get any pressure. Also, Bills fans had better hope that their safeties step up and become threats to actually intercept a few balls because Nate Clements and Antoine Winfield were not doing it last year (Ray Lucas wobbly ducks notwithstanding). What I really think is that the Bills' total defense last year was one of the worst in the NFL and that their run defense was so terrible that it allowed their pass defense (yardage-wise) to look decent. Teams didn't pass on the Bills because they didn't need to. And the pass attempts stats bear that out. Now that Adams and Spikes are there though teams should be a little discouraged from running on them and honestly I think that will lead to sort of a flip-flop. I think without any kind of passrush, the Bills' pass defense is set to be exposed this year especially since the Bills' offense is now set to be more ball control and less Moulds-Price explosion. Teams responded to the explosive offense by trying to keep them off the field, running the ball. Now that its less explosive, all in all I think the Bills pass defense is all set to be tested a LOT this season and we'll just have to see how they step up to the plate.

Originally posted by People Person
But the Bills defense has me a little concerned this season. I really do believe that with the additions of Sam Adams and Takeo Spikes they will be very hard to run on. I mean really, Ricky had two great games against them last year but it wont be the same this year. I know this is not the best place to post this because of all the Bills fans that are on this board but I just cant argue with the facts.

Forget New England and the Jets, we have to get by Buffalo to have any shot this year and its gonna be tough. Hey, I am just a realist here. We all like to say how much Buffalo sucks but that defense is shaping up to be a force to be reckoned with.

Trust me Bills fans .. it KILLS me to admit this but hey, I have to give your management credit. I am just glad you only have 1 receiver this year because that is going to be your weak link that we can take advantage of. And of course Henry's fumbles !!

:cool:

I don't know what facts you are talking about. Nobody has played a down of the 2003 season. There are only opinions about how players will play in a system. IMO Spikes helps alot. Adams may help some, but he is far from great. If he was playing in Miami he would be 4th on the depth chart. I'm not impressed w/ Posey (he reminds me of Rodgers:good blitzer; avg. at everything else) On offense they struggled late in the season and have to replace 3 of their top 6 receivers. In short some good, some bad. I certainly don't see Buffalo as a force. Realistically, the last place team may move up to #2.

I'm glad that most of you see the improvements the Bills have made in personel, but don't be fooled by the departure of Price, the Bills will still have an O.

Compliments of Ingtar : Billszone

2002 3rd Oak : 90.8ypg
2001 22nd Oak : 124.3ypg(w/out Adams)

2002 13th Balt : 110.1ypg (w/out Adams)
2001 4th Balt : 88.2ypg (Adams was injured for 5games in this season)
2000 1st Balt : 60.6ypg

Compliments of LOG BZ

"According to the latest SHOUT newspaper, Ron Edwards looked great in mini camp. They said Sam Adams has been working with him and has lit a fire under him."

If Edwards steps up this year since we got Adams, (Edwards job is on the line) we may have a 3 good DT tackle rotation.

I know how everbody says that no one knows til' they played a down. Same thing applies with the fins. No one knows if Knight and Seau are upgrades until they play a down.

They need all the help they can get being their leading sacker Schobel had only 8.5 sacks last year. Spikes will help, but hes not the answer for this weak unit that only produced 31 sacks and 10 ints!. Oh, but I almost forgot, they've added Adams who had a whole 17 tackles last year!

The Bills defense will be a little tougher. However, their offense is suspect. Not only did they lose Price, but they didn't sign anyone significant on their offensive line. Bledsoe was sacked 54 times last year. As we all know Miami has one of the most talented defenses in the NFL. It will be like target practice when we play the Bills and Bledsoe. I'm predicting a sweep.

Originally posted by justafan
Compliments of Ingtar : Billszone

2002 3rd Oak : 90.8ypg
2001 22nd Oak : 124.3ypg(w/out Adams)

2002 13th Balt : 110.1ypg (w/out Adams)
2001 4th Balt : 88.2ypg (Adams was injured for 5games in this season)
2000 1st Balt : 60.6ypg

Compliments of LOG BZ

This is a very selective use of statistics - In the 2002 offseason Oakland acquired 4 new starters on defense via Free Agency - Sam Adams, John Parella, Bill Romanowski, and Rod Woodson. And the Ravens lost a full 7 defensive starters during that time, not just Adams one of whom coincidentally was Woodson.

Hmmm, maybe it is Woodson who makes the difference

Well who cares? We will still have a better defense and a much improved offense. As long as we don't have a QB giving Buffalo the ball 6 times a game, then we shouldn't have a problem.

Ok guys.. i am the BIGGEST dolfan you will find but i have to say this.. the Bills did beat us TWICE last year even with the 200 yards ricky ran on them so i honestly dont thing that the run defense is the problem.. its our d on them and the offense in the air.

Believe me.. i HATE the Bills.. but dont forget the only thing that matters.. we lost to them twice! :cry: :confused:

:billsbite:

We lost to them once. The other time Lucas gave them the win.

very true... i was at that horrible game with Lucas giving them the ball.. it was the worst feeling i had ever had! :boohoo:

Originally posted by justafan

So do I.

I concur that in 2000 when Adams was with Baltimore..Lamar ran for a 100, that when Adams was in Oak, Ricky ran for a 100..When we played Cinni..I don't remember Spikes name..we won 31-10..Now that they're together in the Bill's D that we know, can they slow us down, maybe..can we light them up..maybe..The bills D is improved in the middle..but Ricky's pretty fast to the corners also..so it might be interesting game..or it might be Buf time to have our number, like the jets for a long time..But if this team is to be special..they need to finish teams in their division,,that's the Bills, Jets and Pats..period...We are no weaker because teams have added players..so have we, plus our O gets another year to sharpen their skills in Norv's O.

How about the Bills O?

I have very little doubts that the Bills Defense will take a step up, possibly into the Top 10 in terms of overall Defense. Takeo Spikes and London Fletcher brings athleticism, enthusiasm, and hunger to the LB position. Sam Adams' presence will free up Pat Williams, who will finally know what it is like to see 1-on-1 blocking matchups. They have a young group of DE's ready to break out, notably Aaron Schobel.

But what about the offense? When they lost Peerless Price, Jay Riemersma, Larry Centers, they lost a LOT of catches. I think Josh Reed will be a fine #2 guy to Eric Moulds, but he is NOT a #1 in a #2 WR's role like Peerless Price was last year. And furthermore, can Bobby Shaw play the #3 WR position like Josh Reed did last year? Mark Campbell and Dave Moore are fine blockers, as is Sam Gash, but you can bet Drew Bledsoe will miss those safety valves underneath. The Bills OL was ALSO remarkably healthy last year; besides Mike Williams, no other Bills OLman missed a game. Other than Marcus Price, the depth on that line is very thin.

I'm looking forward to a great 4-way race in the AFC East. However, I have to think the Bills are considered the underdogs heading into this one.

We'll just have Fiedler beat them with his arm.....we only need 45 yards rushing out of Ricky......If Fielder goes 13-21 for 214 yards and 3 Tds we should beat them no problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom