I hate to say this ... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I hate to say this ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone can be a star in Cincy? You can't be serious. Cincy is the bottomless pit for talented players. Don't you think Cory Dillon or Takeo Spikes would have been more regarded and well-known if they played for a contender? It's pretty tough to be a defensive star with a bunch of crap around you - just ask Pat Williams.

As for Peerless - benefitted greatly from the double teams on Moulds. Centers and Riems were nonexistant in the Bill's O last year - they won't be missed. This team won't be throwing up the ball like n Arena team in 2003. Travis Henry and Olandis Gary will be pounding the ball behind Sam Gash's blocking. The OL is going to continue to block well against the run and will improve pass blocking thanks to the new emphasis on ball control

But you don't have to believe me now. We like to be the underdog. You'll find out between September and January

If you're a somewhat talent and play on Cincinattie it will be noticed..

People know Corey Dillon is a good running back. Why isn't he out of Cincci? I have no idea..

Unless playing for Cincinatti gives a false impression on someones true talent due to the fact that you are right..there isn't many talented players in Cincinnatti.

So..what I was saying was it's easy to shine if you have some skills.

I wouldn't worry about Sam Adams. He was not an every down player with the Raiders for obvious reasons and he typically faded as the game progressed. The only way Sam Adams is effective in Buffalo is if they have a 3-deep DT rotation which they don't.

I don't expect much from the Bills this year because Reed will not be able to fill the void left by Price. The Bills O will be average, and their D will be average.

Originally posted by chambers84
How many yards did Ricky have last year........who cares about the Bills, they suck. Will be in last place in the Division.

What he said!!! :billsbite

Originally posted by People Person
But the Bills defense has me a little concerned this season. I really do believe that with the additions of Sam Adams and Takeo Spikes they will be very hard to run on. I mean really, Ricky had two great games against them last year but it wont be the same this year. I know this is not the best place to post this because of all the Bills fans that are on this board but I just cant argue with the facts.

Forget New England and the Jets, we have to get by Buffalo to have any shot this year and its gonna be tough. Hey, I am just a realist here. We all like to say how much Buffalo sucks but that defense is shaping up to be a force to be reckoned with.

Trust me Bills fans .. it KILLS me to admit this but hey, I have to give your management credit. I am just glad you only have 1 receiver this year because that is going to be your weak link that we can take advantage of. And of course Henry's fumbles !!

:cool:

Talking as if you are a Fin Fan?
Funny coming from a person who's Email addy begins with billsfan...

If ever there was a guy who faded in the second half of the season, it is takeo spikes. and sam adams? well, he will be in only 60 % of the time. and if he is full time, watch ricky blow right past him.

AM i saying they suck? no, what i am saying is that they are a bit overrated. Adams was good only as a young seahawk for a year or two and as a raven with a great defense all around him.

the fact that the man is 350 lbs after signing a supposed big contract, is very telling. he reminds me of ted washington except a bit lazier at this point in his career.

Ya know its funny all the talk about knight and seau being slow or slower, wait till you see adams, come fourth quarter, with ricky breathing down his neck, adams will be huffing and puffing, if not, he will only be playing 60 % of the time. choose your poison.

Originally posted by inFINSible
We'll just have Fiedler beat them with his arm.....we only need 45 yards rushing out of Ricky......If Fielder goes 13-21 for 214 yards and 3 Tds we should beat them no problem...

What arm? If this is so, then why even hire Griese who is (to say the least) just as good as your starter.

FINFAN54
"If ever there was a guy who faded in the second half of the season, it is takeo spikes. and sam adams? well, he will be in only 60 % of the time. and if he is full time, watch ricky blow right past him.

AM i saying they suck? no, what i am saying is that they are a bit overrated. Adams was good only as a young seahawk for a year or two and as a raven with a great defense all around him.

the fact that the man is 350 lbs after signing a supposed big contract, is very telling. he reminds me of ted washington except a bit lazier at this point in his career."

Takeo, faded? :lol:

Sam Adams signed a big contract? :rofl:

Why even bother posting when you obviously don't have a clue.

Re: Re: I hate to say this ...

Originally posted by rafael

I don't know what facts you are talking about. Nobody has played a down of the 2003 season. There are only opinions about how players will play in a system. IMO Spikes helps alot. Adams may help some, but he is far from great. If he was playing in Miami he would be 4th on the depth chart. I'm not impressed w/ Posey (he reminds me of Rodgers:good blitzer; avg. at everything else) On offense they struggled late in the season and have to replace 3 of their top 6 receivers. In short some good, some bad. I certainly don't see Buffalo as a force. Realistically, the last place team may move up to #2.

You are right, they haven't played a down. Why is it however that some finfans here say we didn't improve and yet the fins improved even though Seau ,Knight and co. haven't played a down? The major difference between Spikes and Posey compared to Seau and Knight is that Spikes and Posey are just hitting the prime of their careers. Although Seau brings leadership to the fins, so does Takeo plus youth. We'll see who's FA pick ups will have more impact on who's team.

We beat you that miserable D we had last year at buffalo, we'll beat you again with our upgrades. I hope that Fiedler tries to scramble against us. Griese will be starting sooner than you expect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by finsfan4life
The Bills defense will be a little tougher. However, their offense is suspect. Not only did they lose Price, but they didn't sign anyone significant on their offensive line. Bledsoe was sacked 54 times last year. As we all know Miami has one of the most talented defenses in the NFL. It will be like target practice when we play the Bills and Bledsoe. I'm predicting a sweep.

Another clueless finfan. Our OL did not need any significant FA's. The unit was practically revamped last year and most of them were playing their positions for the first time with a new offensive coordinator. They have a year under their belt.

Although Drew was sacked 54 times (like I said new unit) if your qb can throw for so many yards and still have a rb run for 1400 yards you know you have a special OL that will get better (barring injuries) the more familiar they get with each other.

Most finfans on another thread even picked buffalo's OL to be the best in the AFCE. Get a clue?

Originally posted by MarinoFan
What's so funny? Difference maker, the way you morons define difference maker. NO HE WON'T BE. All he needs to do is make his plays. He doesn't have to be the whole defense, like he was in SD. Here he just plays his role. Buffalo needs Spikes to shine like Seau has his whole career.

What is Seau here for then? How much is he being paid not to make a difference? What was all the big deal they had with that press conference when he was signed ?Let's see you wiggle out of that statement.

BTW I can pull out threads were I said Seau was a good upgrade. Don't put words into my mouth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait a second! Are Dolphin Fans really calling other teams and players FADERS.

OK Pot, keep talking to the Kettle.

Originally posted by SoCalRaider
I wouldn't worry about Sam Adams. He was not an every down player with the Raiders for obvious reasons and he typically faded as the game progressed. The only way Sam Adams is effective in Buffalo is if they have a 3-deep DT rotation which they don't.

I don't expect much from the Bills this year because Reed will not be able to fill the void left by Price. The Bills O will be average, and their D will be average.

Sounds like Trace Armstrong....rock solid player when used in a "role situation", but can't handle being in on every down anymore.

Originally posted by MarinoFan
You are like a freaking drug pusher, trying to push that nasty crack (bills) on us. Every once in awhile, it's okay to hear what you say, but to read your crap everyday about Poser, Spikes, and whoever else, really does take away from what it's supposed to be like to speak in a community of fans about the Dolphins. They should just change this to the Dolphins/bills forum. Your antics and repetitive postings are getting very boring.

As much as I hate to dispute a fellow Phin fan, I disagree that the "football" posts of Bills, Pats or Jets fans detract from this forum. Far from it, I think they make the forum a much better place. If all you've got on a forum are the fans of THAT team, you've basically got nothing better than a circle jerk. When a Bills fan posts info about the Bills, he's giving us a heads up on a team that we not only play 1/8th of our games against, but also compete with for the ever more imprtant Division Title. Now, if all they're doing is trolling, I agree they should be moved/warned. But if they bring legit issues about their teams, I think their performing a valuable service to this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom