I have just witnessed the single worst piece of officiating I have ever seen! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I have just witnessed the single worst piece of officiating I have ever seen!

Alex22 said:
It does but you have to maintain possesion untill you get off the ground or you are touched down and the play is over

it was the right call

The rulebook states that you have to have possesion of the football (which he did) and attempt a football move (which was what he did when he rolled on the ground in possesion of the football).

If ANYTHING the call should have been interecteption and then a fumble (which he recovered).

You don't have to be touched down. He had possesion of the ball CLEARLY...doubting he had possesion is rediculous.

If you doubt that was an intereception then I think I'd have a hard time convincing you the sky is blue.

I'm done argueing with you...enjoy your dilluted view of reality.

Alex22 said:
It does but you have to maintain possesion untill you get off the ground or you are touched down and the play is over

it was the right call
What are you talking about????. They ruled that he lost possesion before he rolled over...and if anything it was a interception and then a fumble in which he covered. Where did it show that in any replay???/Indisputable?????are you kidding me???

I disagreed with the interception call as well, but blame the NFL for the vagueness of what "football move" means.

Besides, they spend a lot more time reading the rule book than we do.

Not that it matters anyway--The Colts lost.

And most of you chatting that the NFL is trying to benefit the Colts with these calls is simply put laughable. So far that's probably the 5th team in the last week I've heard that "gets the benefit of calls". Usually by seasons end every year, according to fans in the NFL, all 32 teams are being set up by the NFL to win by officials :)

unifiedtheory said:
That overrule on the INT was the worst call I've ever seen in my life in any sport.

I am ASTOUNDED at how bad that call was...it makes that non call on the PI in the 1st half look good.

I know. I was in absolute SHOCK. The game should have never came down to to that last ditch drive by the Colts. Pittsburg almost got robbed.

unifiedtheory said:
The rulebook states that you have to have possesion of the football (which he did) and attempt a football move (which was what he did when he rolled on the ground in possesion of the football).

If ANYTHING the call should have been interecteption and then a fumble (which he recovered).

You don't have to be touched down. He had possesion of the ball CLEARLY...doubting he had possesion is rediculous.

If you doubt that was an intereception then I think I'd have a hard time convincing you the sky is blue.

I'm done argueing with you...enjoy your dilluted view of reality.

you have to maintain possesion of the ball while you are on the ground

HE NEVER GOT UP

it was the right call, revisit the rulebook when your less steamed about it

NYPhinFan said:
What are you talking about????. They ruled that he lost possesion before he rolled over...and if anything it was a interception and then a fumble in which he covered. Where did it show that in any replay???/Indisputable?????are you kidding me???

They said he lost possesion when his knee kicked it out

at that point he was still on the ground

therefore its an incompletion and the right call

3 words

MAINTAINED POSSESION THROUGHOUT

which he didnt have

Alex22 said:
you have to maintain possesion of the ball while you are on the ground

HE NEVER GOT UP

it was the right call, revisit the rulebook when your less steamed about it

Yes he did.

Alex22 said:
They said he lost possesion when his knee kicked it out

at that point he was still on the ground

therefore its an incompletion and the right call

3 words

MAINTAINED POSSESION THROUGHOUT

which he didnt have

What are you watching!

Troy caught it, had possesion, rolled one and a half times with the ball in his hands and then tried to get up and knocked it loose with his knee.

Stop disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing!

They said he did not have possesion before his knee was down...you can put in any way you want....that was an interception!. The single worst officiated game I have ever seen.

Alex22 said:
One knee was still on the ground so therefor he is still down

people need to look at the play again when they are less angry

I'm angry? :)

unifiedtheory said:
What are you watching!

Troy caught it, had possesion, rolled one and a half times with the ball in his hands and then tried to get up and knocked it loose with his knee.

Stop disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing!

He caught it while diving through the air

He rolled around WHICH DOESNT MATTER YOU HAVE TO MAINTAIN THE BALL THE ENTIRE TIME YOU ARE ON THE GROUND

while one knee was still down he kicked it out

call on the field is overturned

Its the right call

NYPhinFan said:
They said he did not have possesion before his knee was down....

No they didn't. They said that since his right knee was still on the ground when the ball came out, it was incomplete.

Back
Top Bottom