I have to say that what Ireland is doing is pretty masterful | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I have to say that what Ireland is doing is pretty masterful

BGtoKNfor6

Where is the reset button?
Reaction score
He is reworking the roster by adding younger talented guys who are essentially paid for by dumping our older overpaid players. Now Ireland just needs to dump Patterson and his terrible cap number and pick up another free agent corner. He does this and you have to give the guy props. I still want to see his draft because I am a firm believer that you build champions in the draft and the free agency is just the icing on the cake to put you over the top.

in the words of ric flair.......WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO............WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO........WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

People underestimate the hiring of Philbin that made a huge impact in changing Ireland's philosophy. We need playmakers not big fat 1990 style players that Ireland loves.

paid for Wallace and Ellerbe with Karlos Dansby, Wheeler is way better than Burnett, and cheaper

With siging Wheeler look for Burnett to be dumped. That would save them about $8m over the next two years.

He is reworking the roster by adding younger talented guys who are essentially paid for by dumping our older overpaid players. Now Ireland just needs to dump Patterson and his terrible cap number and pick up another free agent corner. He does this and you have to give the guy props. I still want to see his draft because I am a firm believer that you build champions in the draft and the free agency is just the icing on the cake to put you over the top.

I agree. I've been a huge Ireland basher, but what I'm seeing today is making me a believer.

Making me think that he actually GETS today's NFL.

I questioned it all last year, with the NON-TALENT that he made Miami play with, at WR and TE... covering holes on D. Abounding in "meh" non-playmakers.

No more. I'm starting to believe that Ireland is IN!

LD

Jeff wasn't bull****ting when he said they would be active during free agency. Damn excited about this season!

People underestimate the hiring of Philbin that made a huge impact in changing Ireland's philosophy. We need playmakers not big fat 1990 style players that Ireland loves.

It may just be Philbin... but if so, it's also Ireland seeing the light... out from under the huge, fat, obese and obscene bushel called Parcells. Ireland was hiding his light under a Parcells bushel. But Philbin has made him see the light!

Cue: Hank Williams, "I saw the Light!"

lol.

LD

Renamed from Fireland to Onfireland

The man said he had a plan. These moves are certainly not out of thin air.

Back
Top Bottom