I have to say that what Ireland is doing is pretty masterful | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I have to say that what Ireland is doing is pretty masterful

I like the moves individually but I don't know what they add up to. We don't know what the plan is at CB, or RB, or LT, or TE, and while its possible we address one or more of these positions in the draft, I remember how well Ireland filled the WR position last year.

I like the moves individually but I don't know what they add up to. We don't know what the plan is at CB, or RB, or LT, or TE, and while its possible we address one or more of these positions in the draft, I remember how well Ireland filled the WR position last year.

Maybe but I remember how he addressed the wr position in 2013 with mike mother****ing Wallace !!!

When we woke up this morning, we had about $25 million to play with in free agency. Mike Wallace cost us $5-7 million of that. Because Chris Clemons was re-signed for just one year, I can't imagine he's getting more than a couple million. Dannell Ellerbe's first year cap figure should fit in the savings created by cutting Karlos Dansby. Same with Phillip Wheeler if we wind up cutting Kevin Burnett. Net that all out and we've still got at least $15 million in cap space for free agents, possibly closer to $18 million. We're not done by a longshot.

One of the only people who continues to bash every move is Omar Kelly, who I really have grown to hate as a beat reporter. I'm a journalist and this guy is pathetic at what he does. He develops favorite players and if they get cut he cries and cries. Actually he cries and cries no matter what. I hope Burnett gets cut so Omar goes into a major depression state for 4 months.

How about holding off judgement until free agency is more that 24 hours old ? Goddamn show some patience Ireland has earned some today

Ireland Earned some? with this crowd? good luck trying to sell that!

He is reworking the roster by adding younger talented guys who are essentially paid for by dumping our older overpaid players. Now Ireland just needs to dump Patterson and his terrible cap number and pick up another free agent corner. He does this and you have to give the guy props. I still want to see his draft because I am a firm believer that you build champions in the draft and the free agency is just the icing on the cake to put you over the top.

Now, that's what I'm waiting for. Ireland is on fire tonight, but the one position that sticks out like a sore thumb is the cornerback position. We need one free agent acquisition, then we draft another CB next month.

This is difficult for me to say given my dislike of Ireland due to his prior history as our GM: I think at the end of day one of free agency it appears that Ireland has done a credible job. There's still much to be done in free agency and the draft but I like the moves I have seen today. Good job!

One of the only people who continues to bash every move is Omar Kelly, who I really have grown to hate as a beat reporter. I'm a journalist and this guy is pathetic at what he does. He develops favorite players and if they get cut he cries and cries. Actually he cries and cries no matter what. I hope Burnett gets cut so Omar goes into a major depression state for 4 months.

Burnett threatened to throw down with Omar a couple of years ago so it's more likely that Omar would be pretty happy with that move.

Maybe but I remember how he addressed the wr position in 2013 with mike mother****ing Wallace !!!

And we went into a season with the worst receiving corps in the league. Mike Wallace won't do us much good if we have an achilles heel in the OL or secondary.

I was "on the fence" about Ireland,and leaning towards expecting the worst "again". I'm here,and proud to say I was wrong. At least I'm big enough to admit it,and take my medicine. I do wonder,however,why he seemingly waited until he was on the Hot Seat. I'm overly surprised and stoked......"GO 'FINS"!!!!!

Burnett threatened to throw down with Omar a couple of years ago so it's more likely that Omar would be pretty happy with that move.

Maybe they made up, cause he was the player given the most love by Omar last year. definite man crush

I've been a huge Ireland basher and it's 100 percent stone cold TRUTH that he has earned both patience and respect w. his moves today.

I can't say how GREAT these moves have been, especially getting Wheeler on top of Ellersbe? If you had told me that, I would not have believed you, before today. Not. At. All.

But here it is, and wow! it's true! Wallace, Ellersbe, and Wheeler are Fins... Miami just got younger, faster and tougher at key positions on both sides of the ball. Building a team to compete w. the best in today's NFL.

Hats off to Ireland and Philbin today.

LD

I've got to hand it to Ireland. He got the job done on our top target (Wallace) and then addressed a position of need (LB) before it inevitably became an issue. We added so much speed today. If we address the oline and secondary properly then yeah this is a pretty damn masterful job by our entire FO and coaching staff.

Back
Top Bottom