I have to say that what Ireland is doing is pretty masterful | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I have to say that what Ireland is doing is pretty masterful

The plan is simple, move away from Parcells old and slow football to young and attacking football, kudos for Jeff Ireland and I was wrong about him.

Ireland did well today....I don't think you can fault him for a lot of things in the past....we didn't always have the cap space that we have now and you cannot control guys like Marshall who become diva's and locker room cancers. At least he passed on guys like Dez Bryant.

So why not address the holes instead of creating redundancies?

Bingo. It's not that getting younger isn't nice, it's just that I don't think changing out two decent linebackers for other decent linebackers will make the make much of an impact, if any, on our win-loss record.

Val. Youre lost bro.

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

The plan is simple, move away from Parcells old and slow football to young and attacking football, kudos for Jeff Ireland and I was wrong about him.

Now here is an Ireland hater who steps up and admits he now gets it. Took him a year too long, but at least he gets it now.

Val. Youre lost bro.

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

Now here is an Ireland hater who steps up and admits he now gets it. Took him a year too long, but at least he gets it now.

We could win two Superbowls, and some of these guys would never come around. I'm still on the fence with Ireland (we need to WIN), but it's clear some guys just have an axe to grind, or they're just trying to play the cynic to appear intelligent.

I wanted Wallace just about as much as anyone else. But I'm going to hold off on my praise of Ireland. He needs to be more successful in his draft picks. Last year's draft is looking a little better than years past, but I'm not sold yet. Fact of the matter is, in regards to becoming a truly competitive franchise, these signings won't mean much if we don't having more success in the draft.

I am pleasantly surprised...:up:

I still think the 5 picks in the top 80 are more important than free agency for the the success of the team...We need to have 4 starters from that bunch...

We can't **** up yet another draft...Cheap contributers are a must this year...

We could win two Superbowls, and some of these guys would never come around. I'm still on the fence with Ireland (we need to WIN), but it's clear some guys just have an axe to grind, or they're just trying to play the cynic to appear intelligent.

I never get these comments. We havent even had a winning season in 4 years and u assume people wouldnt come around. Show me one damn superbowl and I will sing to high heavens but some people forget its been 4 decades since we won a superbowl, almost three since we have been in one, two decades since we have made afc championsip, over a decade since we won a playoff game, about half a decade since we made the playoffs or had a winning season. My axe to grind is he hasnt been a successful gm he hasnt built a winning team, now maybe that will change but as of this minute last I checked we went 7-9 last year

is_this_real_life101-1.gif

I never get these comments. We havent even had a winning season in 4 years and u assume people wouldnt come around. Show me one damn superbowl and I will sing to high heavens but some people forget its been 4 decades since we won a superbowl, almost three since we have been in one, two decades since we have made afc championsip, over a decade since we won a playoff game, about half a decade since we made the playoffs or had a winning season. My axe to grind is he hasnt been a successful gm he hasnt built a winning team, now maybe that will change but as of this minute last I checked we went 7-9 last year

Of course you don't get these comments. Your playing the cynic to sound intelligent. Like I said, I'm on the fence with Ireland. We still have to win, but Ireland has stepped outside the lines of what his critics here have painted him to be. Doesn't mean he's right yet, but there are a number of reasons to start to be encouraged about the direction the Fins are taking. I would have been fine had we fired Ireland when Sparano was let go. Cleaning house made sense. But we didn't do that. And given that, Ireland+Philbin does not equal Ireland plus Sparano. None of us know how much better (or worse) the dynamics of our FO are now vs before, but we have taken a number of steps in what appears to be the right direction.

as much as i think these were the right moves for our team (signing wallace, ellerbe, wheeler, clemons. cutting dansby and burnett), the best move ireland has made was the series of moves that put us in position for this entire offseason. the genius of what is happening now and what will continue in free agency and through the draft, was all orchestrated and put in place over the last few seasons. i am not saying it was pat riley clearing the books and getting wade to resign and signing lebron and bosh, but it was a pretty damn impressive feat. and even on top of all that, he still could have set it all up and managed to botch it somehow. but no. time to watch him own. this is his time.

Yes, his post was just insane. How could anyone think that of a poster like you??

Back
Top Bottom