I honestly believe the Bengals had a bounty out for Tua…… | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I honestly believe the Bengals had a bounty out for Tua……

I don’t think so. The play that knocked him out was his own damn fault - I love the kid but he held the ball for like 38 minutes
Agreed, told my buddy's the same thing. Hated to see him get hurt, but that's going to be his career if he doesn't learn how to give up on a play now and then and just get rid of the ball. He will continue to take too many unnecessary hits which will keep him hurt, and shorten his career.

I hope he's ok, and flying back with the team is a good sign, but he must learn to live another day (play).

Every team in the AFC North plays dirty tbh. Gotta keep their fans in their garbage cities happy. That being said, the hit was on Tua holding the ball to long. Kid has to stop trying to be a hero and just go down on dead plays. It sucks because that hit would have injured him if he was totally healthy (and he wasn’t). The media is more interested in pretending to be outraged over something they have no factual basis for, than his health. Hope he feels better soon; said today his only “injury” is concussion protocol.

He broke his hip because he didn’t want to give up and held the ball too long.
He has a bad habit of it.

Sadly the OL will never be good enough. This was a horrible game for the whole team. Nobody could get open and wr dropping passes. Everyone was too frickin tired.

Respect to the fans as they were chanting Tua as he was being carted off the field. Thought that was classy.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I don’t know the dude doesn’t look or sound remorseful…….https://mobile.twitter.com/Trags/status/1575861644122476546
If you looked at it in real time, not the replays, yea he slammed him to the ground. It was first words after the play, my son too.

Remember that game where the Bengals were destroying our returners before them even getting the ball and Flores came steaming over ready to destroy that Bengals staff? They did it a few times in that game. The Bengals are a dirty coached team.

Yeah they let Vontae Burfict pretty much do whatever the heck he wanted to during his days with the Bengals. One of the dirtiest players ever to suit up.
He was. But the play on Tua’s injury wasn’t dirty.

I don't think there was any malicious intent on the Tua sack.
I think that most defensive players WANT to inflict pain when they hit/tackle a guy. I'm not saying that they want to do anything that would get them flagged or to seriously injure a player (although some probably do), but you'd think that a defensive guy would want the offensive guy to play scared and be worried about the next hit.

That said, it's a copycat league. Everyone now knows that Tua is fragile, and if he plays again, defenses are going to go after him.

It's a violent game. If you know the other QB is fragile, you do try and rough him up with as many hits as you can to get him out of the game. Especially when you know the other team doesn't have a reliable back up. It's how the game is played.

It's a violent game. If you know the other QB is fragile, you do try and rough him up with as many hits as you can to get him out of the game. Especially when you know the other team doesn't have a reliable back up. It's how the game is played.
He was slammed to the ground...not roughed up.

It was a perfectly fine tackle. Problem is now it really looks like Miami is covering up from last week. Converging injuries is not a good look here.

I thought it was excessive because it looked like he intended to body-slam him. He had Tua in his grasp and then cranked it up and slung Tua into the turf (ie concrete) unnecessarily. On the replay, you can even see Tua's neck whip back as the DT gained momentum. I would be interested in learning what the NFL thought of the tackle. If they can stop forward progress when defenders have an RB in their grasp, they can do the same for a QB.

Back
Top Bottom