I honestly believe the Bengals had a bounty out for Tua…… | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I honestly believe the Bengals had a bounty out for Tua……

Prior to the sack that got him sent to the hospital, they also went low on his ankles. I don’t want to be paranoid, but it seems they dline wanted to take him out……
Man, I hope not

I thought it was excessive because it looked like he intended to body-slam him. He had Tua in his grasp and then cranked it up and slung Tua into the turf (ie concrete) unnecessarily. On the replay, you can even see Tua's neck whip back as the DT gained momentum. I would be interested in learning what the NFL thought of the tackle. If they can stop forward progress when defenders have an RB in their grasp, they can do the same for a QB.
I noticed that this afternoon and made the comment he may have been injured before hitting the turf from his head snapping back while going down due to the injury sustained Sunday.

Agreed, told my buddy's the same thing. Hated to see him get hurt, but that's going to be his career if he doesn't learn how to give up on a play now and then and just get rid of the ball. He will continue to take too many unnecessary hits which will keep him hurt, and shorten his career.

I hope he's ok, and flying back with the team is a good sign, but he must learn to live another day (play).
I kind of felt for the injury as the half was going by that they were trying to accommodate Tyrone Hill's feud with Apple. Take it for what it's worth.

I don’t think so. The play that knocked him out was his own damn fault - I love the kid but he held the ball for like 38 minutes
I also think he could had run for a few yards on that play. Can't fault him for buying time and trying to make something happen, but sometimes you just have to live for another down.

Tua really needs to do a Brady and take the sack.

As awful as this injury is, the kid takes roo many bad hits every time the line gets a sack. Curl up and protect your body. I could be Monday morning quarterbacking this... just how I'm feeling right now
He doesn't seem to protect himself at all on sacks, that's why his fumble to sack rate was so high last season. He's got to learn to throw that ball away.

Back
Top Bottom