I Just Scanned A Colts Forum To See How They Feel About The Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Just Scanned A Colts Forum To See How They Feel About The Dolphins

I will admit I really like Andrew Luck the person. I recall when we played him in his rookie or 2nd year (I think we won) he was mic’d and the clips are were great. He’s getting hit by our d linemen and he’s telling them “good hit, nice play” just being a good sportsman and competitor. He’s definitely a humble dude and is about the team and the game, not about himself like so many of these “look at me” guys are today. It can’t be easy - no matter what your abilities are - to follow Peyton Manning. He’s done it with class, no drama and humility. I wish Mr Luck nothing but the best all game days except for tomorrow. Fins up!

PS
Anyone who had to survive Joe Philbin I definitely can feel for.
Great post. Totally agree.

I have no rooting interest for the Colts, but really felt for him when he went down and was hoping for a speedy recovery.

Both teams are 5-5. Could you explain how they are better?

Obviously there is more to it, but the Colts have just won their last 4 games for starters.

They have scored 298 points for and allowed 249 points against.

In our last 4 games we have gotten curb stomped by the Packers, Texans, and Lions, while barely beating the Jets.

We have scored 199 points (100 points fewer than them...) and allowed 256 points,

Easy. Same records don't mean jack. The Colts are about the best 5-5 team in the NFL and we're the worst 5-5 team. Colts are hot right now and Dolphins are flat.

Actually the Dolphins are an enigma for this upcoming game because they are getting several first string players back from injuries, including our QB. Are we going to play like the last 3 games? Maybe, maybe not but the changes in available personnel for this game point to better play. It may be our most exciting game of the year because we will have better personnel on the field and this game is truly important for both teams.

I don’t know what to expect. I want to believe we are going to have a great plan coming off the bye and getting many starters back we will come up big. I stress I want to believe. I hate watching meaningless football in December. Lose this one and we’re pretty much there. The Colts defense has given up a ton to average to bad QB’s. Their offense is on fire but let’s not overrate their defense.

Actually the Dolphins are an enigma for this upcoming game because they are getting several first string players back from injuries, including our QB. Are we going to play like the last 3 games? Maybe, maybe not but the changes in available personnel for this game point to better play. It may be our most exciting game of the year because we will have better personnel on the field and this game is truly important for both teams.

That's what I'm hoping! But its hard to be confident about it.

We have a shot tomorrow. Colts are on a roll but are due some breaks as it’s been quite a dry spell. I think this game will be closer than many are predicting.

We have a shot tomorrow. Colts are on a roll but are due some breaks as it’s been quite a dry spell. I think this game will be closer than many are predicting.

More often than not, that would be correct. Colts are a Crowd team that has overachieved recently to such extent that the reputation and pointspread are bloated.

Indianapolis has a negative YPPA Differential.

Probably because their offense isn’t total dog **** to watch for 20 years in a row? Watching dolphins games is barely tolerable. If I weren’t a fan of the team I’d never want to watch them.
You should probably reconsider your devotion if you feel that much animosity. It's obvious in every post you make. Seriously, if my life was as miserable as your posts, I'd probably just stick to golf.

The Colts forum turned out to be quietly enthusiastic but tempered in their expectations about Sundays game against us.

They realize that they are a 5 - 5 team so far and every game from now to the end of the season could make or break their season. They are happy with the point spread, but not over-confident. They are more concerned about how their team plays then they are about how we play.

They feel this upcoming game is especially important, because if they loose they could be out of the playoffs.

I would say they are aware of the potential this game could have on their season, but they have in no way given up on their team. There was very little hyperbole. These folks are very solid fans. It was refreshing to see that kind of attitude from the fans for their team.

You know why they have a good attitude?

Because they havnt been looking for a franchise QB for 25 years. Gimme a break w this BS, solid fans, they have had Manning and Luck for God's sake, they should be happy. Comparing us to them as a fan base is like comparing the fresh water supply of central Africa to the United States.

The fact any of us give two $hits about the Dolphins after 25 years of garbage football makes us far better fans then them. But if they are so "solid" in your eyes maybe you should go join them.

I don't understand why everybody is so down. Our franchise QB is back. I recall the last 5 weeks reading how Ryan would have made this better and that better and how he would have won the games we lost and the ones we won we would have won by a bigger margin. :bobdole:

I just think it’s fair to question how healthy he is. We’ll find out tomorrow. If he has my velocity throwing the ball that won’t fly in the NFL, or college, or probably even high school. I need to see Ryan throw before I can decide how big of a difference it will make. I’ll tell you one thing I’d be calling plays with reckless abandon. Read option is on the table. Run Ryan to the ground. If he succeeds everybody wins, if not who cares as its likely we could move on anyway.

You know why they have a good attitude?

Because they havnt been looking for a franchise QB for 25 years. Gimme a break w this BS, solid fans, they have had Manning and Luck for God's sake, they should be happy. Comparing us to them as a fan base is like comparing the fresh water supply of central Africa to the United States.

The fact any of us give two $hits about the Dolphins after 25 years of garbage football makes us far better fans then them. But if they are so "solid" in your eyes maybe you should go join them.

I'm sold on the Dolphins.

I suspect any 3rd grader that can read can see that in all my posts. Some folks on this forum consider me a hopeless Homer.

I am glad to see that fans for other teams think well of their team too. That kind of attitude demonstrated on other teams boards give me a sense of hope and well being, as opposed to needing to sift through so many "Hamster" droppings that are unavoidable on this forum.

Back
Top Bottom