I just want the reaction to be fair... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I just want the reaction to be fair...

Phinzone

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
ok? That's all I'm asking.

What I'm refering to is the Feeley situation. Compare it to Brian Griese. I'm rooting for AJ, but for all the people ripping in BG and him "floping" consider....

1. AJ will have more time to prepare in this system

2. BG was coming off of a toe injury

If AJ performs like BG, I expect the same reaction from everyone. Call for his head and consider him a flop :) just to be fair ya know?

Does anyone think if we had drafted a Quarterback it would have been any different? That is what these Quarterback schools and mini-camps are for. I think once camp starts, we will see a different player. Worse case, maybe the fire has been lit under Fiedler...... ;)

I'm thinking that Feeley will struggle early in the season (assuming he gets the job right away). He'll get better as time progresses. And he'll be a much better player next year (with a year under his belt). My hope this year is that he's able to hit the deep shots early and progresses to the point where he gains a lot of confidence and continuity (further opening the offense) down the stretch.

Phinzone said:
ok? That's all I'm asking.

What I'm refering to is the Feeley situation. Compare it to Brian Griese. I'm rooting for AJ, but for all the people ripping in BG and him "floping" consider....

1. AJ will have more time to prepare in this system

2. BG was coming off of a toe injury

If AJ performs like BG, I expect the same reaction from everyone. Call for his head and consider him a flop :) just to be fair ya know?

B Griese had at least 4 years starting experience when the Dolphins signed him last spring !!!

AJ Feeley has what,,, 4 starts ???

While I will agree that Feeley has and should HAVE more pressure on him to be successful considering what he cost the Dolphins (2nd rnd pick in next years draft),,, to say that he should be compared to the Griese expectations is wrong .....

A lot of Dolphin fans believed that Brian could spark memories of his father Bob.. And the fact's are that Brian was and will never be a 1/3 of the QB his dad was !!!!!!!!!!!!!

:(

Marino1983

If Feeley has the pocket presence Griese displayed last year (or lack thereof), our O will be in trouble again and we will need to pull in the reigns. Hopefully, Feeley can learn quickly when there is nothing and hopefully there will be more there to throw to with D Boston in the pattern with Randy and CC

If Feeley flops, I think more people will be calling for Speilman's head than Feeley's head.

Feeley has very little experience. He didn't start much in college and hasn't started much in the pros. If he wins the starting job, he will struggle. Hopefully I'm wrong, but that is what I think will happen.

AJ will not start this year unless Jay gets hurt. AJ may learn enough this year to be able to beat out Sage after Jay retires with this years SB ring.

NCFINFAN38 said:
AJ will not start this year unless Jay gets hurt. AJ may learn enough this year to be able to beat out Sage after Jay retires with this years SB ring.

You my man have lost all grip on reality :)

VA Phin Fan said:
Does anyone think if we had drafted a Quarterback it would have been any different? That is what these Quarterback schools and mini-camps are for. I think once camp starts, we will see a different player. Worse case, maybe the fire has been lit under Fiedler...... ;)

Feeley is in a way a rookie QB with NFL expierence. He has lots of upside and throws a pretty ball. Hes great under pressure which is why Miami picked him up and he starts off early learning the playbook and can possibly be an integral part to this offense

If Feeley can't beat out Feidler than we are screwed......again. And that will probably be the end of Wanny and maybe Speilman and, most importantly, Feidler. Having said that, I still think Feeley will win the starters job. He will struggle during the first 4-6 weeks and then put it all together late in the season. And the December Swoon will become the December Boom!

34RWilliams said:
Feeley is in a way a rookie QB with NFL expierence. He has lots of upside and throws a pretty ball. Hes great under pressure which is why Miami picked him up and he starts off early learning the playbook and can possibly be an integral part to this offense

ok now, here's the question....

Do you take a guy that has 4 games experience in the NFL for a 2nd round pick. Yes he has a LITTLE NFL experience, but hardly any College experience, and he's 3 years older.

OR

Do you take a College QB with a first round pick. He'll be a couple years younger, and in most cases has MANY times the College experience that Feeley has.

I know the RIvers debate is moot, and kind of dead since he went so high and it's over with, but Roth was a legitimate college QB with a huge upside. He has no NFL experience, but by his 3rd year in teh NFL I'll wager he's started way more than 4 games.

Anyway, I just think the thinking is flawed. Either you pursue a proven young NFL QB with a couple of solid years under his belt, or you draft a rookie, and groom him.

Again, moot point, I think it all comes down to a personal call from Spielmen. I'm waiting on tapes of AJ, but from what i see so far he has a good upside as long as he settles down. In training camp clips I've seen he isn't setting his feet. He's movign quickly, and throwing without planting, thus his errant throws IMO. I've seen a FEW video clips from NFL games, and he actually set his feet before he threw then, and did WELL. Here's to AJ!

Phinzone said:
ok now, here's the question....

Do you take a guy that has 4 games experience in the NFL for a 2nd round pick. Yes he has a LITTLE NFL experience, but hardly any College experience, and he's 3 years older.

OR

Do you take a College QB with a first round pick. He'll be a couple years younger, and in most cases has MANY times the College experience that Feeley has.

I know the RIvers debate is moot, and kind of dead since he went so high and it's over with, but Roth was a legitimate college QB with a huge upside. He has no NFL experience, but by his 3rd year in teh NFL I'll wager he's started way more than 4 games.

Anyway, I just think the thinking is flawed. Either you pursue a proven young NFL QB with a couple of solid years under his belt, or you draft a rookie, and groom him.

Again, moot point, I think it all comes down to a personal call from Spielmen. I'm waiting on tapes of AJ, but from what i see so far he has a good upside as long as he settles down. In training camp clips I've seen he isn't setting his feet. He's movign quickly, and throwing without planting, thus his errant throws IMO. I've seen a FEW video clips from NFL games, and he actually set his feet before he threw then, and did WELL. Here's to AJ!

I understand your point of being young, but with A.J. you have an idea of what your getting because of his NFL expierence, but wiht a rookie out of college you are'nt sure if he will pan out (Ryan Leaf) is a great example.

Feeley is our future like it or not...bottom line

Back
Top Bottom