I just want the reaction to be fair... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I just want the reaction to be fair...

csabe said:
Yeah, just like last year? I know the deal it just takes more than a half a year to evaluate a QB and a GM for that matter but I do agree DW will be gone if he doesn't go far in the playoffs. Feeley will be given much more of a chance to suceed than BG ever did due to his youth and supposed upside potential. He will be here for the next 2 years and WILL NOT be cut or released regardless of the cap hit size or pressure from media etc...

So 2 years makes him the QB of the future? Due to his young age? Upside potential?

Come on man, he's TWO years younger than Feeley, and was a Pro-Bowl QB. Who sounds like they have more upside? 4 games in 3 years to TWENTY THREE starts in 3 years? No Pro-Bowls to one? Yeah, sounds like Griese was a guranteed bust, yet Feeley is just screaming upside :rolleyes:

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Projected records assuming same QB all 16 games

If Fiedler starts all 16 games, I think so......

Why are we always talking about projections with this guy?

But since you brought it up...

Fiedler record versus playoff competition-One win, three losses

Griese record versus playoff competition-No wins, two losses

The level of competition does count in your equation doesn't it? Or do you just give Fiedler those wins based upon his winning percentage? :lol:

BTW since we are talking projections.....

With Fiedler under center Miami again recorded an average of 21 points per game.

Fiedler in against Indianapolis-a 21-23 loss

Fiedler in against Tennessee-a 21-31 loss

Phinzone said:
So 2 years makes him the QB of the future? Due to his young age? Upside potential?

Come on man, he's TWO years younger than Feeley, and was a Pro-Bowl QB. Who sounds like they have more upside? 4 games in 3 years to TWENTY THREE starts in 3 years? No Pro-Bowls to one? Yeah, sounds like Griese was a guranteed bust, yet Feeley is just screaming upside :rolleyes:
Much more so than a QB like Griese who has a bum shoulder that has never healed and couldn't get out the way of my grandma last year. Upside is relevant to the Dolphins way of thinking in bringing him in. Otherwise they would have waited for Garcia, Warner, to cut loose etc.. Griese is older than his years indicated by the punishment he takes while not be mobile. He is SHOT!!! otherwise his stats would have been like they were way back in his pro bowl years.

Phinzone said:

What is the obsesssion with BG anways. He came in & left, get over it.

csabe said:
What is the obsesssion with BG anways. He came in & left, get over it.

I could care less about BG. But you said Feeley was the future bottom line. I was showing you that that's a really stupid comment to make, unless your considering 2 years as our "QB of the future". We've cut far more experienced young football players with a Pro-Bowl under his belt in a season. To wave Feeley as the Dolphins franchise QB of the future at this point is VERY premature.

Phinzone said:
I could care less about BG. But you said Feeley was the future bottom line. I was showing you that that's a really stupid comment to make, unless your considering 2 years as our "QB of the future". We've cut far more experienced young football players with a Pro-Bowl under his belt in a season. To wave Feeley as the Dolphins franchise QB of the future at this point is VERY premature.
So then who is???

ZOD said:
Why are we always talking about projections with this guy?

But since you brought it up...

Fiedler record versus playoff competition-One win, three losses

Griese record versus playoff competition-No wins, two losses

The level of competition does count in your equation doesn't it? Or do you just give Fiedler those wins based upon his winning percentage? :lol:

We were talking about projections because that was the only way to respond. Given the fact that Fiedler had one win against playoff conpetition, vs Griese's zero wins, Fiedler is statistically infinitely better. You should also note that one of Fiedler's losses (against NE) should have been a win, which would have made him 2-2 against playoff teams.

My point was that Fiedler would have only needed to get one more win than Griese for the Fins to make the playoffs. Based on his CAREER wining %, I think they would have gotten it. I also believe they would have made the playoffs in 2002.

ZOD said:
BTW since we are talking projections.....

With Fiedler under center Miami again recorded an average of 21 points per game.

Fiedler in against Indianapolis-a 21-23 loss

Fiedler in against Tennessee-a 21-31 loss

And lets ignore the fact that Fiedler was 4-1 against Indy, including a playoff victory. While averaging 25 pts per game.

That, BTW, is the game that I believe the Fins win if Fiedler doesn't get hurt.

csabe said:
So then who is???

Who said we have one? Franchise QB's aren't easy to co me by. AN underachieving over aged Fiedler obvious isn't it, the FO obviously isn't giving Sage a chance, and Feeley only has 4 games under his belt. None of those scream "QB of the future" to me.

Phinzone said:
Who said we have one? Franchise QB's aren't easy to co me by. AN underachieving over aged Fiedler obvious isn't it, the FO obviously isn't giving Sage a chance, and Feeley only has 4 games under his belt. None of those scream "QB of the future" to me.
But the thing is. I doen't matter what you or I think it matters what the FO thinks. So taking it into that context the comment is not stupid.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
We were talking about projections......

P*ssing against the wind is a no win situation.

Sure you got a strong load built up and you may win in your battle against the wind for the early portion of the urination. As the urination progresses you will find that pressure is relieved thereby reducing the distance that the urine can travel. Eventually as you give ground you will reach your toes if not your leg.

I gave up p*ssing against the wind about a little over a year ago. ;)

ZOD said:

Sure you got a strong load built up and you may win in your battle against the wind for the early portion of the urination. As the urination progresses you will find that pressure is relieved thereby reducing the distance that the urine can travel. Eventually as you give ground you will reach your toes if not your leg.

:hmmm: :huh:

ZOD said:

:roflmao: LOL

Back
Top Bottom