I KNEW IT!! Todd "circling the" Bowles. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I KNEW IT!! Todd "circling the" Bowles.

Around the 5th or 6th game bowles took over play calling duties from Nolan FYI...im ok with bowles...

I'm thinking new coach = new philosophy, fresh start

coach from our losing staff = same old philosophy, same old B.S

I'm cool with Philpin if he brings Flynn along for the ride, otherwise, meh

If Philbin brings Flynn, hire him. If the team doesn't make the playoffs, fire him at the end of the season.
At the end of the season, we will hopefully have our franchise QB in place (Flynn), and we can shop around for another coach.
If we hire garbage, hopefully there will be a QB attached to him.

I am beginning to think that Ross and Ireland are Jets fans and this is one large conspiracy to totally destroy the Dolphins team. I think they mock the fans and sit and laugh at our misery while behind the scenes they're laughing it up with the Jets brass. I know, I know, it isn't that way but sometimes it seems like someone is trying to see to it that our team is permanently destroyed.

Around the 5th or 6th game bowles took over play calling duties from Nolan FYI...im ok with bowles...

FOOZOOL: so, lets get this straight, todd bowles walks up to his boss [mike nolan] and says i am calling the plays now? you show me ONE place on the net froma legit sorts sight like espn, nfl network, dolphins.com, lacanfora, peter king, anyone, a player, nolan himself, bowles. get us that and then we will talk.

but you cant. and why is that?

IT NEVER HAPPENED!!! there is only one place on the net or anywhere else you have seen this info and that was from a post KB21 made a couple days ago [that he was roundly trounced for]. what, are you some kind of sports board kb groupie?

he was asked to provide proof also. didnt have any. and neither do you so stop with that kind of nonsense.

ask yourself this. if someone was going to relieve mike nolan of his play calling, they wouldnt have picked the guy who coached the WORST of the defenses unit, THE SECONDARY....... todd bowles unit. make sense?

todd bowles has never had anything other than an assistant job in the nfl. he is a parcells guy and was drug around by bill. its the ONLY reason he is here at all. so where would he get the clout to come and tell HIS BOSS he is taking over play calling duties?

get those provacotive images of KB out of your head and THINK man!! think about it for half a second and you will realize how absurd that statement is.

FOOZOOL: so, lets get this straight, todd bowles walks up to his boss [mike nolan] and says i am calling the plays now? you show me ONE place on the net froma legit sorts sight like espn, nfl network, dolphins.com, lacanfora, peter king, anyone, a player, nolan himself, bowles. get us that and then we will talk.

but you cant. and why is that?

IT NEVER HAPPENED!!! there is only one place on the net or anywhere else you have seen this info and that was from a post KB21 made a couple days ago [that he was roundly trounced for]. what, are you some kind of sports board kb groupie?

he was asked to provide proof also. didnt have any. and neither do you so stop with that kind of nonsense.

ask yourself this. if someone was going to relieve mike nolan of his play calling, they wouldnt have picked the guy who coached the WORST of the defenses unit, THE SECONDARY....... todd bowles unit. make sense?

todd bowles has never had anything other than an assistant job in the nfl. he is a parcells guy and was drug around by bill. its the ONLY reason he is here at all. so where would he get the clout to come and tell HIS BOSS he is taking over play calling duties?

get those provacotive images of KB out of your head and THINK man!! think about it for half a second and you will realize how absurd that statement is.

Mike Nolan wasnt Bowles boss. Sparano and Ireland were. And Bowles was also higher ranked than Nolan with the Asst. HC title.

I am beginning to think that Ross and Ireland are Jets fans

DE76: your half right. boss ross is a LIFE LONG JETS FAN. he had season jets tickets for almost every year of their existence.

in fact, he tried to buy the jets the last time they were for sale but failed somehow. he IS a huge jets fan. that always bugged me about him and i cant say that hasnt crossed my mind at times.

keep competative enough to make some money and have a great tax shelter? just not enough to control the division and the jets.

the way things have been going, i wouldnt be suprised. not one bit.

DE76: your half right. boss ross is a LIFE LONG JETS FAN. he had season jets tickets for almost every year of their existence.

in fact, he tried to buy the jets the last time they were for sale but failed somehow. he IS a huge jets fan. that always bugged me about him and i cant say that hasnt crossed my mind at times.

keep competative enough to make some money and have a great tax shelter? just not enough to control the division and the jets.

lately , it does seem like there are more jet fans than finfans at our stadium.

i guess if i was loaded like ross, i would buy the jets and run them into the ground. now thats priceless

So basically what you're saying to everyone is that this whole thing is a.........wait for it.........conspiracy...........Christ you should file this in between Bigfoot and the UFOs. Hey Mulder you got a Scully on your face..

Whats?!?!? When!! He was the best of the worst candidates out there!
just saw mccoy and todd bowles are getting their second interviews.

funny, nolan bolts today, zimmer announces he is out of the finz job, hmmmmmm.......

i said in another thread today that the only two reasons why nolan would leave is if they hured a coach who prefers the 4-3 defense or they hire TODD BOWLES. he would never work under a hand me down lacky. zimmer heard bowles would be getting the job and he announces he is out, then we see nolan bolt as he found out bowles is the hire. makes sense. to much of a coincidence.

and we now see bowles and mccoy are the ones getting second interviews.

i said this right off the bat, TODD BOWLES was their guy [i mean irelands guy] all along. this m/o of their's of saying how their going to turn over every rock, things are going to be exciting, blah, blah...... and they go after some big thing and interview this guy and that guy but end up with the same old thing or something worse!

LAST YEAR: the harbaugh thing. all the big cross country plane trip and the we cant have these types of seasons, we are going to get the very best to turn this around, etc..... and then they dont even fire the guy they say needs replaced! odd? hell yeah!! and then after its all over it is reported that the finz brass NEVER talked any money. odd? HELL yes!! if your truelly after a big commodity, you come in guns blazing, and that means BIG cash! and what did we end up with after all that? tony sparano. with a new deal and MORE MONEY!!

NEXT THING: we gotta have an offense that can compete, a modern points machine. we talk to every guy around. but one of the first guys talked about was brian daboll, a guy whos offenses were worse than ours and just as boring. naaawwww, we wouldnt do that!! what happened? we hired that lacky who just impressed ireland sooo much, brian dabol, whos offense was worse than ours. the guy no one else wanted!!

WE GOTTA HAVE A QB to run a modern offense: yes, we did. kyle orton was a sure deal and the finz were reported as having him in the bag. but orton isnt budging! why? we know he wanted out of denver! well, after that falls through we hear FROM THE ORTON CAMP that no money was talked about with the dolphins. hmmmm, again? ross shows up to a gun fight with no bullets? and in the end, who do we get because they just couldnt land "their guy"?

chad henne. THEIR GUY!! their guy all along. it was all a big song and dance for the fans.

see a theme yet?

THIS YEAR: we got to have a head coach who can get us into the modern day nfl. a bright, agggressive, innovative coach. and the jeff fisher hunt is "on". or was it? we all know what happened, he is with the rams. and its been reported now that NO MONEY was talked about with fisher! fisher deal with the rams is reported today as 5 million a year. and NO other title but head coach!! no full control. no 8 million a season...... thats all it took.

no money talked about. again? a theme here maybe?

TODD BOWLES has been the guy since the middle of the season, maybe earlier than that. they knew todd bowles was NOT going to go over with the fans at all so they did what they have been doing, making it look like they are trying everything they can to get big time people here [other than offer money] when they have their choice already in hand. you think ross couldnt beat the 5 mil a year the rams gave fisher? i would have NEVER guessed fisher would sign anywhere for 5 mil. he wanted to go to the rams the whole time, the finz knew it and he was this years harbaugh to set us up for the new lacky, todd bowles, as they did with sparano last year.

todd bowles is coming CHEAP!! he will do anything ireland says to the letter. he wont gripe about not being able to hire his own staff. because ireland and todd both know that NO ONE IS EVER going to give todd bowles a head coaching job!! he couldnt get a coordinator job from his pals like parcells!! and make NO MISTAKE! todd bowles is in miami because of bill parcells. he takes care of "his guys" and his guys take care of each other. our secondary has been pathetic under bowles, he has done nothing, here or anywhere else to be getting this job other than being a parcells [now ireland] lacky. and a guy ireland can keep in abox and take him out when he needs to.

HERES HOW THEY WILL SPIN IT ON FRIDAY or MONDAY:

"we tried real hard to get some of the top people in here for these jobs. as you all know, jeff fisher has many life long ties in the rams organization as well as a family member and we couldnt compete with that. some of the others just were not a good fit, they didnt share our [jeff irelands] view of the future and we moved along.

time was getting shorter with the senior bowl and combine and draft to prepare for and we came to a point where we knew we had to make a move, we needed to have a coach in place and we looked around and realized we already have a bright, young coach here, a guy we all love and are familiar with. and after the wonderful job he did getting this team some wins after tony was released, we knew we had our guy! and in reality, he was never out of our thought process in this. the players LOVE coach bowles and have said they would be excited to play for him. we also wanted to build on and keep some of the good thing's that were happening in the second half of the season, we wanted some continuity and this move helps that. as we said, we already know todd going back to the dallas days so when things started to come to a close, we knew it was the right move to hire coach bowles as the new head coach of the miami dolphins," etc......"

you will see, this will be almost a verbatim of their press conference announcing todd bowles.

it just couldnt get worse. right when you think things cant, they always do. and i would imagine most of the coordinators and assistants will be guys already with the team. coming to miami with a goofy owner, an egomaniac boy wonder gm and a losing team, coached by the immortal todd bowles and being in the same division as the patriots is not going to send quality, name assistant or coordinators running to florida.

GOD i hope i am wrong, but if you look at how biz has been done here since ross came aboard and ireland, plus the things i mentioned above it all makes "sense". these guys are getting more transparent each year. it was bowles all along and everything else has just been a soft shoe performance to keep us distracted and exhausted. ireland now controls EVERY ASPECT of this team except the pay checks and money and he will now have his desperate, no where to go puppet on the sideline. its all about jeff ireland now, just as he has wanted it. its kinda creepy how he is positioning himself in this organization.

i wonder if anyone else is as sick to their stomach's as i am.

our team is TRUELY "cirlcling the bowl" now.

still waitn' for all those links and articles on bowles smacking down nolan.

This is all very pathetic. Where has all the support for Todd Bowles been since he first interviewed with the Dolphins. His name has hardly been mentioned throughout this whole episode. Now that everyone is signing elsewhere and the Dolphins are getting desperate you would think he was next to Gandhi. Why wouldn't Nolan go elsewhere? He has no idea who the next coach will
be or if he will even have a job. He would be silly not to sign with someone else at this point. Why would anyone expect him to set around and wait. Ross and Ireland are destroying all the stability that was begining to develop in this team. I guess maybe it is time they realize that you can't treat people (Sparano) with disrespect and have anyone who is a professional and respects themselves want to work for them. I hope they didn't think the media and other coaches were going to forget how they treated Sparano last year. Ross and Ireland lost a lot of trust and respect through this situation and unfortunately the ones that are going to suffer from it is the team and fans. In all reality if I was Todd Bowles I would look hard for a team with a GM and Owner that WANTED me to coach their team. I wouldn't want to coach a team because all their other options have fallen through. They are doing exactly to Todd what they did to Tony. Again they are showing what kind of people they are. With all this discord I hope that we do not loose players that are free agents to other teams.

This is all very pathetic. Where has all the support for Todd Bowles been since he first interviewed with the Dolphins. His name has hardly been mentioned throughout this whole episode. Now that everyone is signing elsewhere and the Dolphins are getting desperate you would think he was next to Gandhi. Why wouldn't Nolan go elsewhere? He has no idea who the next coach will
be or if he will even have a job. He would be silly not to sign with someone else at this point. Why would anyone expect him to set around and wait. Ross and Ireland are destroying all the stability that was begining to develop in this team. I guess maybe it is time they realize that you can't treat people (Sparano) with disrespect and have anyone who is a professional and respects themselves want to work for them. I hope they didn't think the media and other coaches were going to forget how they treated Sparano last year. Ross and Ireland lost a lot of trust and respect through this situation and unfortunately the ones that are going to suffer from it is the team and fans. In all reality if I was Todd Bowles I would look hard for a team with a GM and Owner that WANTED me to coach their team. I wouldn't want to coach a team because all their other options have fallen through. They are doing exactly to Todd what they did to Tony. Again they are showing what kind of people they are. With all this discord I hope that we do not loose players that are free agents to other teams.

Bowles doesnt deserve to be the HC anyways.. I certainly dont want him as our HC.

Not true, Ross grew up in Florida and is a life long Phins fan. His buisiness and interests are located in NY as well as a home he owns there. His main home is in Palm Beach. He always dreamed of owning the Dolphins. Yes he did try to buy the Jets awhile back when he was a minority owner of the NY Islanders, that was when much of his time was spent in NY. At the time the Dolphins were not for sale. He was actually part of a group to bring baseball to south Florida before Huizenga bought the Marlins.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/team/staff/steven-ross/f0a28e3e-5ff7-409e-bc14-48c9b3f978bd

Back
Top Bottom